Soulbeast Moments - A Day In The Life Of A Berserker Soulbeast

@dDuff.3860 said:

@Mutaatti.2789 said:Those players were what? Silver div? They deserved to lose to a build as cheezy as rifle thief. Nothing special. Ranger will get its dmg nerfed fast enough, so you can stop crying now. :)

Knowing patch-pace slb getting proper damage nerfs in Nov 2018.

Hahaha! Remember mesmer heavy nerf before end of season? Yeah. Soulbeast is going to have same. Maybe even earlier because there was bugs needed to fix on ranger.

@urdriel.8496 said:Someone post a video with full zerker Sb killing newbies , and then the Class is OP, meanwhile any tournament is full of thieves,warriors,necros,holos, Guardians and mesmer yeah.........

You definately didn't check the other thread. Soulbeasts have stability, protection, quickness, stealth, evade frames, invulnerabilities, 1400 range on top of oneshot potential is definately the issue, not the berserker Slb.I forgot to mention LoS hitting pets with a potential to two-shot you in 2 seconds (I've been hit by gazelle in LoS by 9800+6700)

Give it a couple of week without being merged and you'll see 10x more threads then about Mesmer.

I wouldn't complain if slb had a weakness to conditions, but it isn't. Actually my class has no way to deal with this brain dead elite spec other than just rotate out of fights with it. And I'm definately not a part of noobtears community (check out my history)

@"Mutaatti.2789" said:Those players were what? Silver div? They deserved to lose to a build as cheezy as rifle thief. Nothing special. Ranger will get its dmg nerfed fast enough, so you can stop crying now. :)

Don't get me wrong I've seen what these soulbeast builds can do in WvW and they are very strong but I agree the video is essentially "half decent build beats potato". I mean there was a guard who literally ran straight to the point with the ranger behind him for 5s, ranger starts shooting, he keeps running and dies on node. I really hope this was unranked and the enemy players aren't indicative of the OP's abilities.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@urdriel.8496 said:Someone post a video with full zerker Sb killing newbies , and then the Class is OP, meanwhile any tournament is full of thieves,warriors,necros,holos, Guardians and mesmer yeah.........

You definately didn't check the other thread. Soulbeasts have stability, protection, quickness, stealth, evade frames, invulnerabilities, 1400 range on top of oneshot potential is definately the issue, not the berserker Slb.I forgot to mention LoS hitting pets with a potential to two-shot you in 2 seconds (I've been hit by gazelle in LoS by 9800+6700)

Give it a couple of week without being merged and you'll see 10x more threads then about Mesmer.

I wouldn't complain if slb had a weakness to conditions, but it isn't. Actually my class has no way to deal with this brain dead elite spec other than just rotate out of fights with it. And I'm definitely not a part of noobtears community (check out my history)

Glass cannon soulbeasts don't normally live long - I've tried a zerker build, but normally run paladin amulet now. Deadeyes hard counter me even with that, so class is not your problem, specialization is. What you are seeing here are edited highlights, and no projectile hate skills.

@dDuff.3860 said:

I wouldn't complain if slb had a weakness to conditions, but it isn't. Actually my class has no way to deal with this brain dead elite spec other than just rotate out of fights with it. And I'm definately not a part of noobtears community (check out my history)

If you run full berserker , you have to use SB,Markmanship and BM trees to maximize your damage , you cant use a single defensive trait , 15922 hp with 2.029 armor , you can one shot people with WI impact?? perhaps, if they run full berserker too but you must use Sb mode , go into melee, use zephyr , switch to 2HS (maul) ,use sic'em , then you can try to stun someone or try to land the WI , i can assure you that 1 out 8 times your worldly will fail, if you are fighting against a normal player with all his cooldowns and aware of your presence, you will use all of your utilities for nothing, and now you are in melee range with a Berserker SB, gg , you are dead.

but hey, let me change the outcome of the last paragraph, you actually 1 shoted 1 dude, kudos on you, next time they see you , someone will focus you and you will die in 2 secs, the real utility of this kind of build is almost zero in a competitive environment.

Stealth sources :Lb#3 ( you must HIT with it), it can be evaded,blocked,missed, blocked by scenary, by the air ( out of range or obstructed).SmokeScale f2 combo.

Ranger invulnerabilities doesnt make him immune to ccs or condis, and with the actual meta you will die to condis or ccd to death before land your 1shot if they see you.

For max damage you usually use Strenght of the pack (untraited 75 sec cd) so, for 1 try of WI 1shot, you literally burn ALL OF YOUR UTILITIES,.

In fact if you run that kind of build you melt to condis.

About Gazelle, seems more like a bug , because gazelle hit normal for 3-4k if you are lucky enough and she is able to hit something.

@"Mutaatti.2789" said:Those players were what? Silver div? They deserved to lose to a build as cheezy as rifle thief. Nothing special. Ranger will get its dmg nerfed fast enough, so you can stop crying now. :)

The culprits are sic'em "which I am running" and marksmanship "which I am not running" that contribute to questionable damage output. Otherwise, damage output is fine, outside of sic'em & marksmanship. The one shot styled builds that use marksmanship for Moment Of Clarity & Remorseless are highly impractical to run competitively. The build that I have posted here is the good medium between the tanky Boon-Share Paladin and the One-Shot Marksmanship builds. This build, needs to be played like a thief roamer decap +1, not a node holding bruiser, not a mass stealthing 1 shot Worldy Impacter.

Many of the players in the first half of the video were plat 1 at least. The first half of the video was footage from an AT we ran yesterday where we made it to the final round. The last half was just unranked where I caught footage that well demonstrated what the build was capable of.

@apharma.3741 said:

Don't get me wrong I've seen what these soulbeast builds can do in WvW and they are very strong but I agree the video is essentially "half decent build beats potato". I mean there was a guard who literally ran straight to the point with the ranger behind him for 5s, ranger starts shooting, he keeps running and dies on node. I really hope this was unranked and the enemy players aren't indicative of the OP's abilities.

lol, I'll post more footage. The last half of that was indeed potato farming.

Oh and before this discussion veers towards 60k Worldy Impacts, I'd like to point out that the build in the video is not a 1 shot build. Although it is dealing heavy damage, it is not a one shot build. Save that discussion for this thread please -> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/47047/60-000-damage-from-1-ability-is-that-normal/p1

@dDuff.3860 said:

Sorry but in no means power soulbeast is broken... Tell ne 1 duelist class that doesnt have this boons....Gazelle could see some dmg nerfs, I agree, but oftentimes this pet doesn't even hit (not excusing the dmg here tho).Power Soulbeast no weakness to condi ??? Pls gimme that build.The ppl who complain about the os build are silver tier players and u know that as I do.I'm actually kinda upset a player of your knowledge and skills thinks that way.. I mean just compare power sb to spellbreaker holo mirage ....

Edit: Are u referring to the rng plasma build ?

@PaRaPhReNiA.8763 said:

Sorry but in no means power soulbeast is broken... Tell ne 1 duelist class that doesnt have this boons....Gazelle could see some dmg nerfs, I agree, but oftentimes this pet doesn't even hit (not excusing the dmg here tho).Power Soulbeast no weakness to condi ??? Pls gimme that build.The ppl who complain about the os build are silver tier players and u know that as I do.I'm actually kinda upset a player of your knowledge and skills thinks that way.. I mean just compare power sb to spellbreaker holo mirage ....

Meh, I'm just upset with what class got at 10th patch. Nothing more demotivating then being rolled over and over by Noname skillbeasts without a chance to stand a fight. That's why I feel and state that class is overperforming and in need of adjusting.

@"urdriel.8496" said:Is nerfed to 25% while in Sb mode.

utility with 10% damage each 30 sec....yeah any trait is better GG.

Except this is 100% false. I don't know if it's bugged or someone just started spreading some BS, but it is definitely 40%. Takes 30 seconds to verify on a golem in the pvp lobby.

Long range shot goes from ~1k to ~1.4k with sic em, obviously with damage variance.Barrage has zero damage variance. WIthout Sic 'em: 508 damage per hit. With Sic 'em: 712 damage per hit. 712/508 = 1.402. No vuln, no might, no interfering variables.

10% damage on a power build is roughly ~240 power or 8 stacks of might. Except it stacks with might and you can trait to self buff 25 stacks of might during burst. Plus revealed for 6 seconds. Sic 'em is the biggest reason for soul beast burst and it would suck to have the baseline abilities or spec nerfed because of it. The current version is like "Give me 30-40 stacks of might, one click instantly, an ignore that 25 stack cap"

@dDuff.3860 said:

Meh, I'm just upset with what class got at 10th patch. Nothing more demotivating then being rolled over and over by Noname skillbeasts without a chance to stand a fight. That's why I feel and state that class is overperforming and in need of adjusting.

What class do you play?

@Undertow.2389 said:

@"urdriel.8496" said:Is nerfed to 25% while in Sb mode.

utility with 10% damage each 30 sec....yeah any trait is better GG.

Except this is 100% false. I don't know if it's bugged or someone just started spreading some BS, but it is definitely 40%. Takes 30 seconds to verify on a golem in the pvp lobby.

Long range shot goes from ~1k to ~1.4k with sic em, obviously with damage variance.Barrage has zero damage variance. WIthout Sic 'em: 508 damage per hit. With Sic 'em: 712 damage per hit. 712/508 = 1.402. No vuln, no might, no interfering variables.

10% damage on a power build is roughly ~240 power or 8 stacks of might. Except it stacks with might and you can trait to self buff 25 stacks of might during burst. Plus revealed for 6 seconds. Sic 'em is the biggest reason for soul beast burst and it would suck to have the baseline abilities or spec nerfed because of it. The current version is like "Give me 30-40 stacks of might, one click instantly, an ignore that 25 stack cap"

Bonus damage is multiplicative so, when you have a lot of damage bonuses the bonus is greater.

@everyone This isn't new, I was doing this many many months ago as a full marauder/ berserker I even made the videos as it was around the time Necro was destroying SPvP and Soulbeast was a strong counter at the time due to the range. The only change to the build was we got more baseline stats from the Beastmaster traitline, doesn't change the fact condition builds wreck Soulbeast and almost any other burst class can 1 shot you.

Anyone who complains Soulbeast is broken has been living under a rock for past 10 months.

@Sol.4310 said:@everyone This isn't new, I was doing this many many months ago as a full marauder/ berserker I even made the videos as it was around the time Necro was destroying SPvP and Soulbeast was a strong counter at the time due to the range. The only change to the build was we got more baseline stats from the Beastmaster traitline, doesn't change the fact condition builds wreck Soulbeast and almost any other burst class can 1 shot you.

Anyone who complains Soulbeast is broken has been living under a rock for past 10 months.

100% truth

The sad part though, is that 6 years have past in Guild Wars 2 where people have compromised their expectations of balance with the conditioning of what we have been given in that 6 years. IE: A Mesmer build can now be completely broken in every way, but players "expect it" and just deal with it, some may claim it is balanced. A pure DPS based LB/GS Ranger build actually become viable for the first time in the meta "which has actually never happened before" and everyone freaks out. But it's ok if a Mesmer deals the same type of damage, and has been ok for years.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@Sol.4310 said:@everyone This isn't new, I was doing this many many months ago as a full marauder/ berserker I even made the videos as it was around the time Necro was destroying SPvP and Soulbeast was a strong counter at the time due to the range. The only change to the build was we got more baseline stats from the Beastmaster traitline, doesn't change the fact condition builds wreck Soulbeast and almost any other burst class can 1 shot you.

100% truth

The sad part though, is that 6 years have past in Guild Wars 2 where people have compromised their expectations of balance with the conditioning of what we have been given in that 6 years. IE: A Mesmer build can now be completely broken in every way, but players "expect it" and just deal with it, some may claim it is balanced. A pure DPS based LB/GS Ranger build actually become viable for the first time in the meta "which has actually never happened before" and everyone freaks out. But it's ok if a Mesmer deals the same type of damage, and has been ok for years.

Right, the funny part is the Condi Mesmer build still wrecks Soulbeast, whats even worse is they could try using the dodge key and mitigating half the damage which has been in the game from day dot.

Archived