Suggestion: 10v10 with mounts?

Cjam.8634

@Cjam.8634 said:Either 10v10 15v15 or 20v20 whatever the numbers what do you guys think about this? When I think of it I think of battlefield games where tanks, cars, helicopters and planes are used...could be fun and interesting game mode

I think expanded game modes could be excellent. I don't think mounts are or ever will be balanced for PvP, however, if they ever were, they'd belong in WvW, not SPvP..

With that said, this is likely a wasted thread, as ANET devs have said they're not likely to add 10v10 into the game in a supported capacity. Ever.

Sorry :(

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Cjam.8634 said:Either 10v10 15v15 or 20v20 whatever the numbers what do you guys think about this? When I think of it I think of battlefield games where tanks, cars, helicopters and planes are used...could be fun and interesting game mode

I think expanded game modes could be excellent. I don't think mounts are or ever will be balanced for PvP, however, if they ever were, they'd belong in WvW, not SPvP..

With that said, this is likely a wasted thread, as ANET devs have said they're not likely to add 10v10 into the game in a supported capacity. Ever.

Sorry :(

Unless it's a buyable skin to make money off of, they are not interested in wasting time on it.

10+ people instantly pressing Mount #1 in combat would probably crash the PvP/WvW servers. Not to mention both sides would probably instantly die at the exact same moment; assuming raptor. A 10 man team of Scourges using jackal and intelligently pressing F5 immediately after Mount #1 would be the winning team (30k+ barriers.) Mounts are just in-no-way balanced for any competitive game mode.

If they just disabled the use of abilities from mounts, so you can use them to travel the map, it'd be nice for a big map. That way mounts won't be doing high damage/shielding for no reason and people can use them so they aren't forced to take swiftness in their build

Mounted combat would be pretty cool tbh, there would have to be some sort of mechanics behind it so it wasn't stupid though. I don't know if allowing people to use them in wvw or pvp for movement would be a good thing, since it would mean you can never win a fight unless you wipe the whole other team at once

Yeah it would be interesting if they could put something together. The skills would probably have to be toned down for PvP/wvw but having large scale maps with mounts moving around on it would be interesting to me. I’d play it lol

Archived