Some mobs in POF are overtuned.

Small little criticism about how strong the mobs are, for instance, some Veterans should not require alot of skill to kill nor should be a death wish while facing them. some awakened veterans have 1 shot capabilities that do not make sense. especially for mounts, they need more health, aka griffon, trying to glide and getting air bombed by AI is a bad mechanic. overall the expansion is fun but some of the AI normal to vet needs to have their damage looked at.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I think the mounts have so little health to try to prevent players from just zooming past all mobs and rendering 99% of the mobs in the game irrelevant.That I understand and agreed with to the point of unlocking the griffon,the moment you go airborne everything in a very LARGE radius attacks just homes in on you and sometimes the air dodge passive works and sometimes it doesn't. There are also certain branded I ran into that literally had an attack that dismounted me in midair and kept me in the air frozen while taking damage from all sources.

@Jinroh.4251 said:Hey at least it is not HOT mobs where they could sneeze on most people and they'd lose half their health or more. I found with the Veteran PoF mobs, the best solution was tot try and isolate them or take out the weaker mobs that clustered around them.Sure I do that too, until the awakened anubis thing knocks you down, and its game over the moment you're down.

It's now more important than ever to read the information the enemy bar gives you before you engage a new mob.

Some of the new mobs do not take damage from range, they gain buffs from range, ignore melee, punish attacks from a certain distance, etc. The Awakened are some of the most prominent of these.

I think the variety of the mobs in PoF is a strong point. They've been loads of fun to fight.

Also if you're running gear or a build that offers no to little survivability, I think it's about time we start to get punished for it if we get hit by an enemy's strong attack or fail to dodge a crucial one. A mob's standard attack should certainly not down you, but learning which skills/animations vets have that can seriously chunk your health is a good thing.

The one thing I think ANet should change is how environmental/NPC buffs/conditions appear on our own bars.

It's absolutely maddening trying to mouse over a unique condition a mob has placed on me only for it to move back and forth rapidly because it also applied a bunch of other standard conditions to me mid fight or an ally applied buffs to me. Makes learning a pain.

Yeah, honestly the harpies are ridiculous. They are performing like champ mobs. And no npc or anything mentions this. For some reason the harpies are incredibly strong, using skills that have only been mastered by other immensely powerful characters such as the hero. What is the story here? Where did the harpies learn these skills? How did they become so strong? And why?

Ok, so by no means I'm a great player, I couldn't beat vale guardian, I struggle a lot in tier 4 fractals. This taken into consideration - I had no problems with mobs in PoF. If I found anything that posed a threat to me I disengaged and looked what's under the HP bar, what skills they use, how to avoid those lethal skills. You can't face-tank everything like in queensdale. It's a brand new expansion, it takes a moment to learn mobs, adjust your playstyle or even tweak build/gear to be more effective. Please wait with all the "nerf that" requests untill you actually learn the game. And it's not a rocet science, even mediocre dude like me can get better by trying and adjusting. It's very rewarding when you succeed.

EDIT: Yeah, JayMack has a very good point here, mechanic's descriptions should be more visible. Not only those that appear on player but those that makes enemy more difficult and thanks to this engaging.

EDIT2: and I know where you're coming from OP, I had a lot of problems when HoT launched, then I complained a lot on forums with many others with the result of a huge nerf to HoT maps. This I regret at this point, so perhaps it's my overcompensation now, but actually I played through PoF and had a blast, it's far easier than HoT was at launch.

I agree that there's way too much damage flying around from normal and veteran enemies, and on top of that the aggro radius feels bigger too. I also agree that mounts could be a bit sturdier, and don't see why it'd be bad for players to use them to avoid combat better. Constant fighting is tedious and annoying. I almost never kill anything unless I absolutely have to when I'm just running around in the open world.

This again.

Central Tyria: The enemies are too hard, nerf them! (Orr gets heavily nerfed, all of PvE takes two major nerfs too.)Central Tyria, after nerf: The difficulty in this game is a joke, please buff everything.HoT: The enemies are too hard , nerf them! (All of HoT gets nerfed.)HoT, after nerf: The enemies are too hard, nerf them! (The enemies are nerfed in LS3.)LS3: The enemies are just right.PoF demo: The enemies are just right (half of players), the enemies are too easy (other half).PoF release (same as demo): The enemies are too hard, nerf them!

When will it end? Is it too hard, too easy or just right? Decide already!

@Hannelore.8153 said:This again.

Central Tyria: The enemies are too hard, nerf them! (Orr gets heavily nerfed, all of PvE takes two major nerfs too.)Central Tyria, after nerf: The difficulty in this game is a joke, please buff everything.HoT: The enemies are too hard , nerf them! (All of HoT gets nerfed.)HoT, after nerf: The enemies are too hard, nerf them! (The enemies are nerfed in LS3.)LS3: The enemies are just right.PoF demo: The enemies are just right (half of players), the enemies are too easy (other half).PoF release (same as demo): The enemies are too hard, nerf them!

When will it end? Is it too hard, too easy or just right? Decide already!

Did you read the post, I didn't say "all" of them, only certain ones, aka awakened, Vets and as some said harpies. The others feel like they are in place, but the ones listed should be adjusted.

Personally I'd say, learn to play with your build or dont play zerker or something else without defencive stats. I died a few times on these new maps myself and yes the enemies are not easy, but thats what makes games thrilling and fun to play when you can't just run through it in your sleep.

I hope that Anet does not neerf way to much now.

Archived