[Archive] Massive War in Tier 2 NA

expandas.7051

Circa April 2016 after the release of Heart of Thorns

Things have really spiced up in World vs World the past few days. In anticipation of April 19th patch, the the “[censored]ters” Alliance of guilds from Tier 1 has transferred six zerg guilds to Tarnished Coast and taken over the server. These guilds, GS, Kazo, LUN, OnS, TW, and WHOA, were the same culprits that completely destroyed Tier 2 last year by stacking and taking over Yaks Bend. These guilds run 25 players each, resort to spawn camping, pin sniping, and out-blobbing foes in order to demoralize them and convince them to quit the game. The “[censored]ters” Alliance is [censored] for the game mode, and openly admits in seeking to do the same once again.

But there is hope. The resident T2 guilds have set aside their differences and united. Dragonbrand is going to stand strong and fight. Dismayed by the server takeover, half of the Tarnished Coast WvW guilds, BP, CF, Joy, and ShW, have transferred to Dragonbrand. Fort Aspenwood, one of the servers present the last time this happened, is also joining us in opposition. This coalition of T2 guilds and alliances, called the Rebellion, will be fighting to end the tyranny. We’re fighting to end the matchup manipulation. We’re fighting so no other community is destroyed. We are fighting for the entire WvW community.

The next two weeks of World vs World in Tier 2 are going to be filled with the most intense action and passion in recent history. The Rebellion needs YOU. The “[censored]ters” Alliance plans on transferring more guilds into tier, and we’re inviting any guild or player that has a beef with them to come join us on Dragonbrand and Fort Aspenwood. Both servers specifically need EU guilds and players to fight the massive CERN and Kazo zergs. PM me in-game if you would like to know how to get involved. Join the fight today!

Discussion thread on old forums: https://i.imgur.com/JxVKp03.pngDiscussion thread on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4ebntq/massive_war_in_tier_2_the_rebellion_needs_you/

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@MadBomber.3719 said:point of this thread is??

Idk. Maybe it's just a comparison of this launch to the past one.

yeah except the alliance invasion of T2 was months before HoT, so there is no relation at all. and by that time most of the guilds moved to T3 to stay away from YB. by the time HoT hit it was way different.

@MadBomber.3719 said:

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

@MadBomber.3719 said:point of this thread is??

Idk. Maybe it's just a comparison of this launch to the past one.

yeah except the alliance invasion of T2 was months before HoT, so there is no relation at all

Indeed. So the word anticipation was used, the effects of it led up to HoT. Granted, Months is a long bought of "anticipation" but it probably took that long for all the blob guilds to settle.\

Also p.s. Just remove this thread since it barely has a point. D:

The T2 invasion was when we played an update before HoT. We knew about server-links and them locking servers ahead of time which enabled the move when it happened. It only happened then because of the update leading to the expansion. The Hype about the alliance battles died out when both DB and TC entered T1 and DB left it a week after. After that DB's guilds split apart and the counter alliance ended.

@patton the great.7126 said:WvW isn't the same, If HoD can make it to tier 1 with the pugs we have.....The glory days of WvW are long gone.

That was definitely a combination of being linked with Ebay for a huge bump in numbers, FA/SoS tanking to avoid T1 and the 1-up-1-down system. We wouldn't have won last weeks matchup without everything aligning like that. And now we're getting ultra farmed in T1. I'm personally avoiding WvW until next week when we hopefully work our way back towards T3.

@patton the great.7126 said:I dunno, I mean tier 2's servers were kinda easy mode. It's almost as if they let us run wild on their BL and EBG. No one ever throws in WvW.

What reward did you get for all your hard work to capture empty objectives right before PoF launch?

BTW, this thread is an archive from the old forum when there was a major server politics transfer war (basically) that occurred between TC, FA, and DB. Different server links (so different population+coverage) at the time.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@patton the great.7126 said:I dunno, I mean tier 2's servers were kinda easy mode. It's almost as if they let us run wild on their BL and EBG. No one ever throws in WvW.

What reward did you get for all your hard work to capture empty objectives right before PoF launch?

BTW, this thread is an archive from the old forum when there was a major server politics transfer war (basically) that occurred between TC, FA, and DB. Different server links (so different population+coverage) at the time.

I mean my guild never really PPT'd all week, we kinda just kept tower's on FA and SoS's BL open so we could farm them as they came in. We open'd bay a few times and just left the lord so we could get a response, those 2 servers never disappointed free bags were plentiful that week. We knew they were tanking so we decided to extract our suffering from their pug's last week. We couldn't reason with our own glorious Pugs to do the same, so eh it was what it was.

@patton the great.7126 said:We couldn't reason with our own glorious Pugs to do the same, so eh it was what it was.

Ah, so that's why HoD's KDR was so low.

When TC got stacked, their KDR was naturally higher from having the population and blobs to run over pugs. DB had the population and coverage during that massive T2 war to push their glicko rating up and roll T1, but IIRC their KDR wasn't as high.

Archived