Jackal jumping

So, for some reason, I am completely unable to jump on my jackal. Even the lightest tap of the space bar teleports him.

I imagine it's linked to another mount issue I have with the Raptor. I cannot jump straight up while standing still.

The only key I have bound that's not on the default is V, which I rebound from Dodge to Special Action.

Is anyone else having this issue? My friends are all capable of jumping straight up on the raptor (none have unlocked the jackal yet).

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:Have you ticked the checkbox in the settings separating mount special ability from spacebar? Suuuper unclear text on it, but one of the bottommost options in the first page of settings.

I'll take a look, but doesn't that mean spacebar is no longer how you use those abilities?

Exactly. That "frees up" the spacebar to function as a regular jump.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Have you ticked the checkbox in the settings separating mount special ability from spacebar? Suuuper unclear text on it, but one of the bottommost options in the first page of settings.

I'll take a look, but doesn't that mean spacebar is no longer how you use those abilities?

Just tried it and it changed nothing. This is definitely getting frustrating, especially since I know there is no way for me to get a particular mastery point until I can figure this out.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:Have you ticked the checkbox in the settings separating mount special ability from spacebar? Suuuper unclear text on it, but one of the bottommost options in the first page of settings.

So I tried this, and now I jump with the mount instead of using it's special ability, but then what key do you use to use the special ability? I don't see a key bind for it? I see special ability 1 and 2 keybinds, but nothing for the ability that the spacebar used to fire off?

Edit: I figured it out, it would be the 'ability 1' hot key. Which, would be hard for me to do since I'm using shift-1 for that, which would be hard for me to do while also holding down W (in the case of the raptor for long jumps), and can't think of a good single key to use for that.

The jackal only teleports when it is in the air. First space bar press, makes you jump. Second (or third, etc) makes you teleport. If you are in the air at any point, pressing the space bar teleports. Your key repetition may be set too fast. So, pressing the space bar is giving you enough to jump and teleport, and it's fast enough you just aren't noticing.

@notebene.3190 said:

So I tried this, and now I jump with the mount instead of using it's special ability, but then what key do you use to use the special ability? I don't see a key bind for it? I see special ability 1 and 2 keybinds, but nothing for the ability that the spacebar used to fire off?

Edit: I figured it out, it would be the 'ability 1' hot key. Which, would be hard for me to do since I'm using shift-1 for that, which would be hard for me to do while also holding down W (in the case of the raptor for long jumps), and can't think of a good single key to use for that.

I use a keybind in "c" to activate a the first utility skill on my engie while running (To proc swiftness with streamlined kits). I active the key with my thumb: This allows me to keep full control of the "wasd" directional keys and activate the extra function at the same time. I'm going to do the same with my Raptor's long jump.

Archived