a massage to the pvp devz

DragonFury.6243

@phokus.8934 said:

@Frostmane.9734 said:I often tell my employees not to bring me a problem without offering at least one potential solution. People need to think about how to fix things and not just about why they are broken. According to the video, he doesn't play gw2 because its not gw1, or at least that's my take away. I didn't hear any suggestions as to how to fix it, so what's the message?

Quoting this because it's absolutely true.

Everyone's a critic but if you want to be constructive, offer up non-biased solutions rather than not be helpful.

There's been a lot of constructive posts however along years. People asked for easy builds and less strategy, and we got it, you can't blame anet for doing that. Issue is that the game is already 6 years old. GW1 was already dead after 6 years in PvP. Most MMO's lately arent doing good for the PvP scene and it's more likely quick game sessions that are considered.

As an example, it took a hell long to get Automated tournaments, a feature that is a must and though existed on GW1. The same going for swiss round tournaments. That thing should have been added on Day 1 and we still don't have it after 6 years.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Abazigal.3679 said:

@"Frostmane.9734" said:I often tell my employees not to bring me a problem without offering at least one potential solution. People need to think about how to fix things and not just about why they are broken. According to the video, he doesn't play gw2 because its not gw1, or at least that's my take away. I didn't hear any suggestions as to how to fix it, so what's the message?

Everyone's a critic but if you want to be constructive, offer up non-biased solutions rather than not be helpful.

There's been a lot of constructive posts however along years. People asked for easy builds and less strategy, and we got it, you can't blame anet for doing that. Issue is that the game is already 6 years old. GW1 was already dead after 6 years in PvP. Most MMO's lately arent doing good for the PvP scene and it's more likely quick game sessions that are considered.

As an example, it took a hell long to get Automated tournaments, a feature that is a must and though existed on GW1. The same going for swiss round tournaments. That thing should have been added on Day 1 and we still don't have it after 6 years.

I'm not quite following you as I don't blame ANet for much. I mentioned that providing unbiased feedback is good rather than the numerous threads we see "[class] is OP nerf!" and is filled with angry typing rather than what to do with it.

GW2 was in a completely different state back in the day and when a lot of key people left (for the better of this game), the overall approach to GW2 was in the air. So they stuck with LW as their focus while PvP was put on the back burner. And honestly, rightfully so from a business standpoint. There seemed to have been hardly any direction for PvP but now we're getting a glimpse as to what they potentially want PvP to go.

They key is that they're spending the time and effort on PvP and not entirely keeping it in maintenance mode. If they were then they wouldn't spend a significant time on implementing swiss style tournaments and eventually on-demand ATs.

Personally, I wish there wasn't such a seemingly big divide with PvP and this mystical balance team. I can handle the same boring conquest maps but the balance in general needs to be addressed and constantly addressed.

@phokus.8934 said:

@Frostmane.9734 said:I often tell my employees not to bring me a problem without offering at least one potential solution. People need to think about how to fix things and not just about why they are broken. According to the video, he doesn't play gw2 because its not gw1, or at least that's my take away. I didn't hear any suggestions as to how to fix it, so what's the message?

As if being constructive achieved anything. Past 6 years show otherwise.

@phokus.8934 said:

how a massage to the pvp devz is not a non-biased solutionssir most of the player base know nothing about balancing a game cuz we are not a devz we are a players so all we can do is give ideas and solutions that we thing is good to the game and its up to the devz to decide wither to take all that or ignore all that cuz they are gw2 devzbut that wont stop us from pointing out what we think is the right and wrong in the current spvp

Archived