I am displeased about the removal of a thread

I don't get all this madness about raids. I mean if you play what you want look for some ppl or a guild with the same mindset. If you want and enjoy the meta way of playing join some ppl or guild wich goes this way. If there is no LFG group wich provides/advertise the way you want to play, set up your own LFG. And just don't join groups wich advertise a different way to play than you want.

@Cynn.1659 said:

@"BadMed.3846" said:Your rage and anger is your problem. Get help to fix it. I totally agree with the moderator's reasoning. I refuse to follow any such unwritten community made up rules. Play the game for fun, abide to the defined rules.

So you are saying that if I have lfg title: "1000Li 50 duuhm kp druid", player join and one of these things happen:1) player doesnt have Li2) player doesnt have kp3) player doesnt have druidI have no right to kick them and have to do full clear with them?

Yes,. be friendly and help out fellow players.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

If we played like that, pugs would never kill dhuum cm / dhuum. The chance of getting more than 8-9 capable players, which is required for dhuum with pugs, is insanely small. Even this one pug can, without any issues, wipe the group several times.

If we had to raid like this, I honestly would NOT do my raid clears at all. I'm very happy to host training raids on MY terms and MY free time. I'm not going to raid at all if EVERY run is a training run, where anyone who joins can hold everyone else hostage.

Cms need to be removed, they only bring toxic elitism to this lovely game, that only scares away new players.

No they don't.You know what brings toxic elitism to the game? Players who insist that EVERYONE MUST play casual.That's why, the more the game becomes hypercasual, the more elitism we'll get in raids, fractals, wvw, pvp, ...

@Etheri.5406 said:

@"BadMed.3846" said:Your rage and anger is your problem. Get help to fix it. I totally agree with the moderator's reasoning. I refuse to follow any such unwritten community made up rules. Play the game for fun, abide to the defined rules.

So you are saying that if I have lfg title: "1000Li 50 duuhm kp druid", player join and one of these things happen:1) player doesnt have Li2) player doesnt have kp3) player doesnt have druidI have no right to kick them and have to do full clear with them?

If we played like that, pugs would never kill dhuum cm / dhuum. The chance of getting more than 8-9 capable players, which is required for dhuum with pugs, is insanely small. Even this one pug can, without any issues, wipe the group several times.

If we had to raid like this, I honestly would NOT do my raid clears at all. I'm very happy to host training raids on MY terms and MY free time. I'm not going to raid at all if EVERY run is a training run, where anyone who joins can hold everyone else hostage.

Cms need to be removed, they only bring toxic elitism to this lovely game, that only scares away new players.

No they don't.You know what brings toxic elitism to the game? Players who insist that EVERYONE MUST play casual.That's why, the more the game becomes hypercasual, the more elitism we'll get in raids, fractals, wvw, pvp, ...

It's bait

@Blocki.4931 said:

It's bait

But there is no fishing in this game.

@Blocki.4931 said:

It's bait

This one is; but howmany players do you think actually think it's raids / raiders / arcdps / meta / ... who are the reason for toxicity and elitism? Just like it's matchmaking's fault players aren't rank 1 yet.

@Etheri.5406 said:

Yesterday, me and my friend wanted to do fractal rec. I was boon chrono and she was aura.I advertised for 3 dps.3 dps people joined at the same time. We started fractal. After very quickly clearing initial group of mob, 1 person said, "use frost aura noob" and 2 dps left at the same time.Mind you, they still had over 90% hp.What do u call that?

That's the lowest of the low, I have ever seen on this game.

@Etheri.5406 said:

It's bait

This one is; but howmany players do you think actually think it's raids / raiders / arcdps / meta / ... who are the reason for toxicity and elitism? Just like it's matchmaking's fault players aren't rank 1 yet.

It's a lot of them. People who aren't accepting any type of help, who never reflect on themselves but who push their issues onto others expecting them to come up with a solution or just accepting it in their stead. Also the type of person to attack anybody trying to get more people to think about their build, to perhaps not run a very poorly performing setup where every bit of performance counts.

I really think the elitism is only such a prevalent "issue" because of the people who perceive any slight criticism on their ability as such, only spiralling downward from there. Suddenly they have an anecdote about "how bad the raid community is" and posting it garners some attention from people who have made a similar experience and in a very short time you have a bunch of people who have found an excuse for themselves so they don't have to change anything anymore but complain that everything is oh so unfair.

@Kal Bhairav.6589 said:

Yesterday, me and my friend wanted to do fractal rec. I was boon chrono and she was aura.I advertised for 3 dps.3 dps people joined at the same time. We started fractal. After very quickly clearing initial group of mob, 1 person said, "use frost aura noob" and 2 dps left at the same time.Mind you, they still had over 90% hp.What do u call that?

That's one bad experience with two people who are stupid. Hardly evidence for a problem with the community at large

Those players were definitely idiots to complain about such a minor thing though.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:I dont want to raid asap. I want to enjoy it. I want it to be a challenge and a new situation everytime. I want to test MY BUILD on certain Boss's.I do play MMORPG's because i want to get into my character, build something like a story. For example building a tanky one, who can still deal a lot of damage through conditions. It would do literally not more then 10-15k dps on golem even with full buffs. I still want to play THAT build.

That doesn't exist, balance in gw2 is kitten. You either go full dmg, or do f all dmg.

wth sure its called wvw builds

And ppl wonder why wvw is a mene at this point.

@Kal Bhairav.6589 said:

I have met this behavior in fractals before. Bad person can be found in every group. Yet I have never seen same thing in raids.

@zealex.9410 said:

@FaboBabo.3581 said:I dont want to raid asap. I want to enjoy it. I want it to be a challenge and a new situation everytime. I want to test MY BUILD on certain Boss's.I do play MMORPG's because i want to get into my character, build something like a story. For example building a tanky one, who can still deal a lot of damage through conditions. It would do literally not more then 10-15k dps on golem even with full buffs. I still want to play THAT build.

That doesn't exist, balance in gw2 is kitten. You either go full dmg, or do f all dmg.

wth sure its called wvw builds

And ppl wonder why wvw is a mene at this point.

WvW is a meme because you can't be selective; and the population that cares about WvW is tiny compared to the population that cares about rewards / casual players.Imagine you have to raid with everyone on your server. You have to pvp not based on rating but on PURE rng and combine 1.9k rated players with the newest ones in the game.

No point for hardcore players to care; not much to do for casual players without more hardcore ones showing them da wae.

@Blocki.4931 said:

That's one bad experience with two people who are stupid. Hardly evidence for a problem with the community at large

Those players were definitely idiots to complain about such a minor thing though.

Yeah, toxic elite and jerks are on both side. I just wish lfg was little better so we could pug n play with similar mindset people. May be 1 day :)

@Kal Bhairav.6589 said:

Yeah, toxic elite and jerks are on both side. I just wish lfg was little better so we could pug n play with similar mindset people. May be 1 day :)

Anyone can make ANY groups. If there are no groups that are purely casual oriented... that must have a reason? Perhaps they don't perform well. Perhaps they struggle to clear. Perhaps casuals just dislike making their own groups, too much responsibility and effort. Who knows? It doesn't matter. It shows they still benefit greatly from veterans, and further alienating them is a BAD thing.

Except we keep doing it.

• ArenaNet Staff

I would like to address the initial comments and concerns about moderation, and then I will close the thread. It's veered wildly off topic and needs a restart if this sort of conversation is a valuable forum discussion to have at all. I leave that to you folks to decide, on the topic of raid parties.

However, on the topic of moderation, I'll share facts:

The thread in question, as explained to the person who created it, was designed to set down immutable "rules" about Raids. These rules were entirely subjective, and do not exist as actual rules within the Raid format. If someone calls them suggestions, or tips, or guidance, that's fine. It's calling them "rules" that is the issue, and that's why the thread was removed with the invitation for the OP to repost if they slightly modified their presentation. (A few changed words would, obviously, have accomplished that.)

The input from the post may be valuable; it may form good guidance for new raiders. Such suggestions are more than welcome here. But as the thread was phrased, it set a bar for raid involvement, and directed everyone to follow a proscribed path to "avoid toxicity" and to, apparently, become someone the community would find acceptable. That's neither welcoming or true, and having that sort of opinion-as-fact thread -- which clearly is controversial, judging from today's comments -- is not a good contribution: to the forums, to the game, to the game mode. With modest rephrasing, with removing the overarching "threat" that seemed to say "Do this or you will be mistreated," the thread is, again, just fine.

That the OP chose to misstate our messaging is unjust and unfair. That others chose to use this an example of allegedly poor moderation is equally inappropriate. This was thoughtful, well-meaning moderation that welcomed the input but asked that it be presented in a more acceptable, less biased, less negative form.

It's that simple.

• ArenaNet Staff

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:I am sorry if you think i am toxic now. I had to rewrite this post many times to turn down my rage. But I will not stand by when I am beeing insulted by others without fighting back.

I am sorry that you were enraged by the removal of a thread. Your questions are welcome, if you will write Forums@Arena.Net. Posting a thread using words like "rage," and "insulted," and "fighting back" isn't reasonable or productive.

@"Kal Bhairav.6589" said:Agree. That post was very helpful for new raiders actually.

Then it can be slightly amended to be less negative and more clearly "one person's opinion" and it will stand.

@Oglaf.1074 said:So that’s why I can’t find the thread anymore.

The moderators seem to be robots taking everything literally, unable to realize intent and context...

Clearly, if you will kindly read up, that is not true. This thread was given careful, thoughtful, human review and was removed only to allow the author to slightly amend their biased presentation to avoid imparting inaccurate impressions to the newer raiders for whom it was intended.

@Edgy McEdgelord.4790 said:Yep, I found the moderation on this forum to be very, very strict and often times seemingly childish as well. Sad that this thread got purged as well.

I'm happy to answer any questions or concerns, as I've stated many, many times, through e-mail directed to Forums@Arena.Net. Calling well-meaning and highly-trained professionals "childish" is rude and offensive, and I'd ask that you use better judgment in the future.

Archived