DuoQ and No more PvP ladder Titles from S13

Nuvola.9460

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:Yes, the current plan is the remove titles next season. The leaderboard itself will remain. We won't remove titles for people who've already earned them.

Current plan is to also bring back to duo queue for next season.

We'll have a blog post when the next season is getting close to starting.

Please Ben take a time to think and ponder about this, there will be disastrous conseguences, it’s not too late now, but it may be then!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank god they removed the titles, was getting sick of seeing the same ones over and over again. As for the people complaining, you all had plenty of time to get yours as these ones had been around 5 (lulz). Just be glad we wont be seeing anymore of those wintraders and afkers.

@Coolguy.8702 said:Thank god they removed the titles, was getting sick of seeing the same ones over and over again. As for the people complaining, you all had plenty of time to get yours as these ones had been around 5 (lulz). Just be glad we wont be seeing anymore of those wintraders and afkers.

I think if they removed titles it would have been nice to know the season before they did, so we could have at least try hard to get them. Kinda sucks we had no heads up.

Also wintrading was such a minority its ridiculous. People had this delusion that it happened all the time, where it only ever happened maybe in the top 200 or so every now and then? Other than that being that high up its completely pointless.

And there will always be afkers why would this change anything?

@suffish.4150 said:No more titles? Ok that means I am never going to play seriously in ranked again, because what’s the point? It also means that duo q means nothing to me either because I don’t care about winning if I don’t gain anything for it. Terrible, terrible decision that I truly hope anet decides not to follow through with. Well I guess the only tryharding I will ever be doing from now on is in ATs, which most of the time I can’t be bothered doing because it’s an hour waiting around for 2 good games.

If you take away any incentive to try in ranked, nobody WILL try in ranked. Is that what anet really wants ranked to be? A place where nobody cares about winning and losing because they don’t get anything extra if they win other than a few pips (which pvp players have no need for)? Extremely disappointed to hear this.

Oh well, I guess I can just have fun playing rifle warr in gold 2 forever.

I was going to write a response but this basically sums up how I feel about it.

Out of all the things that the PvP community asks for, removing current features has never been one of them.

1 step forward, 10 steps back development, persistent until they finally kill the gamemode.

@suffish.4150 said:No more titles? Ok that means I am never going to play seriously in ranked again, because what’s the point? It also means that duo q means nothing to me either because I don’t care about winning if I don’t gain anything for it. Terrible, terrible decision that I truly hope anet decides not to follow through with. Well I guess the only tryharding I will ever be doing from now on is in ATs, which most of the time I can’t be bothered doing because it’s an hour waiting around for 2 good games.

If you take away any incentive to try in ranked, nobody WILL try in ranked. Is that what anet really wants ranked to be? A place where nobody cares about winning and losing because they don’t get anything extra if they win other than a few pips (which pvp players have no need for)? Extremely disappointed to hear this.

Nothing new for ppl that alrdy have the titles or just do not care bout them.

@Coolguy.8702 said:Thank god they removed the titles, was getting sick of seeing the same ones over and over again. As for the people complaining, you all had plenty of time to get yours as these ones had been around 5 (lulz). Just be glad we wont be seeing anymore of those wintraders and afkers.

it was around for 7 seasons (seaon 5 to 12), but apart from maybe top 100 and top 250 very few people had the chance to get one of the better titles. On EU it was mostly the same people every time. Rewards like these should never be removed. Makes me even more satisfied Anet removed the AP from them

This is all around bad, duoQ is back which has no place in a solo leaderboard and now no titles anymore out of nowhere. This company really is a clown fiesta

@Nova.3817 said:

@Nova.3817 said:very happy to hear but wish full team que would return....this game needs to get back to its roots which is a fun casual exp with friends we all see the competitivescene tried and failed lets stick to what gw2 is good at aye?

it sounds good. good players and pvp'ers know and recognize the other good players. how can they have such fun in private scrims if it were not so? I hope teams will make a comeback as well. I really don't care if gw2 is an esport

recognition of guild teams in "our world" would be the best. all can dress the same or something for matches, like Warriors (the movie) lol

focus just needs to be on the premade team content otherwise we will see the fruits of a system that encourages isolationist style play..... no one goes into spvp looking to make friends anymore and if you cant understand why that will lead to a toxic community your not paying attention

Focusing premade will kill the player base. No one wants people worse than them on their team. That is even more toxic.

Solo que provides a relatively level playing field for people to pro e themselves.

eh dont think so .... focusing on premades will bring back the community that left this game after the drastic drop off when the change was implemented......

How does solo que do this better then premade LOL so your saying no one wants people worse then them but yet a system that forces randoms to be in my party (who by the way will either be worse or better but either way impossible to be exactly the same skill) is somehow better then a system that allows me to at least form a group of my own choosing who i can play with on a consistent basis and build strategy etc etc your logic is flawed...

solo que does provide a random playing field which ill concede is level bc everyone is subject to it (i agree with you) HOWEVER, im assuming you ment "prove" what exactly are they trying to prove??? and arguing that solo que has its PRO'S is not a legit argument to why premade content shouldn't exist. Fact is no one is inviting people to play gw2 SPVP and bc of that spvp will get less and less support but i suppose people are just ok with that.

Pre made sPvP does exist. You have automated tournaments for competitive play and unranked or custom arenas for casual or scrimmage play. Lobby to enhance those vs. Messing with ranked.

If you made two ladders one being solo and one being premade only, the solo one is going to have significantly more people participating.

Nothing will bring back people who want to play videogames competitively for $. The game is not popular enough. The twitch numbers for gw2 aren't close to those of competitive games.

@Faux Play.6104 said:

@Nova.3817 said:very happy to hear but wish full team que would return....this game needs to get back to its roots which is a fun casual exp with friends we all see the competitivescene tried and failed lets stick to what gw2 is good at aye?

it sounds good. good players and pvp'ers know and recognize the other good players. how can they have such fun in private scrims if it were not so? I hope teams will make a comeback as well. I really don't care if gw2 is an esport

recognition of guild teams in "our world" would be the best. all can dress the same or something for matches, like Warriors (the movie) lol

focus just needs to be on the premade team content otherwise we will see the fruits of a system that encourages isolationist style play..... no one goes into spvp looking to make friends anymore and if you cant understand why that will lead to a toxic community your not paying attention

Focusing premade will kill the player base. No one wants people worse than them on their team. That is even more toxic.

Solo que provides a relatively level playing field for people to pro e themselves.

eh dont think so .... focusing on premades will bring back the community that left this game after the drastic drop off when the change was implemented......

How does solo que do this better then premade LOL so your saying no one wants people worse then them but yet a system that forces randoms to be in my party (who by the way will either be worse or better but either way impossible to be exactly the same skill) is somehow better then a system that allows me to at least form a group of my own choosing who i can play with on a consistent basis and build strategy etc etc your logic is flawed...

solo que does provide a random playing field which ill concede is level bc everyone is subject to it (i agree with you) HOWEVER, im assuming you ment "prove" what exactly are they trying to prove??? and arguing that solo que has its PRO'S is not a legit argument to why premade content shouldn't exist. Fact is no one is inviting people to play gw2 SPVP and bc of that spvp will get less and less support but i suppose people are just ok with that.

Pre made sPvP does exist. You have automated tournaments for competitive play and unranked or custom arenas for casual or scrimmage play. Lobby to enhance those vs. Messing with ranked.

If you made two ladders one being solo and one being premade only, the solo one is going to have significantly more people participating.

Nothing will bring back people who want to play videogames competitively for $. The game is not popular enough. The twitch numbers for gw2 aren't close to those of competitive games.

It Does but in bare bones capacity..... ATS are a literal joke and a simple DC (happened yesterday to me) 30 secs before the tourny started we had a dc and missed entry owell guess we can que for the next one.....in 5 hours.... if you dont see a issue there idk what to tell you...

then whats the harm of adding it if you feel that way? your saying it wont be popular but there is no way for you to know that other then your own personal speculation and mine is the complete opposite people enjoy playing with friends IMO more than they care about gw2 competitiveness ....and your welcome to disagree but that isn't enough in my book to justify it not existing....

bringing in premade content isnt about trying to bring back pro players its to bring guilds and communities back to the game as in groups of people playing together not just logging on for a 30 min spell a week.....

I don’t like the removal of the titles, even when there are some win trading matters involved...

What do I want to do now in PvP, farming Pips? Literally nothing to gain anymore, if I want Gold I play PVE...

Removing the titles is literally downgrading Ranked to Unranked.

Actually, some people just recently coming to the game haven't had that time. Other people had real life situations preventing them from getting in the required number of games. For instance, I've had a fight with cancer and deployments prevent me from being able to put in the time required to try for a title. Not to mention the group of people that have been getting better every season and working towards eventually getting the title. So saying people have had plenty of time to get these titles is an incredibly weak argument.

Not a big fan of the removal of titles, im a fairly new player but actually had getting to top 250 for the title as a goal next season after breaking into Plat in S12.

I somewhat understand the logic behind it but im very skeptical that it will entirely cleanse the ladder of toxicity or wintrading. Some people are toxic by nature and simply get a kick out of doing this.

they could easily get rid of wintrading by just going back to team que aswell....putting that aside it does feel like a cop out to just remove the title(even tho i dont care about them anymore) kinda like the thiefs keep stealing our doughnuts from customers what do we do..... i know we just get rid of the doughnuts lol

Rewarded for winning a random game with people you never met before...in that case gold reward is adequate. Ranked in GW2 is the same as Random Arena in GW1 with gladiator titles

Well, considering how the introduction of duoq will distort the leaderboard, I am actually happy that they removed the titles. I know many people don't consider the leaderboard as a true representation of skill, it was still sooo much more accurate (at least in EU), unlike in duoq / teamq times.

Now those people who wanted duoq back only to get carried to titles won't really be happy.Anyways, now reading the older duoq threads, that shouldn't be a problem, as all people in favor of duoq just wanted to 'play with friends' and maybe even obtain the ranked rewards. We will see :)

@Arheundel.6451 said:

Rewarded for winning a random game with people you never met before...in that case gold reward is adequate. Ranked in GW2 is the same as Random Arena in GW1 with gladiator titles

If you believe that ranked right now is purely random then you are pretty delusional I have to say. Of course luck is a factor, nobody is denying that but it, over an entire season, is much less of a factor than people seem to believe. Why is it that the same players are always able to reach top 10 and legendary division? Because they are just lucky? Of course not. The leaderboard is the best way of representing skill that we have ever had. No, it isn’t perfect but it’s as close as we are going to get.

As for the argument I have seen people making that bringing back duo q will make the leaderboard unbalanced- have you forgotten seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8? There was duo in those seasons and nobody was complaining about it making the leaderboard unbalanced. If you want to get god of pvp, then yes you will have to duo but come on, if you are a player who is truly good enough to get something like that, you will have no shortage of top players to queue with. If nobody good wants to duo with you Then you are not a good player and when you improve, that will definitely change. So no, duo does not make the leaderboard very much less accurate than it is right now at all.

I just find it hilarious that players have been asking for new pvp content and features for so long with no success, and what does anet do when they finally act? They REMOVE one of the major reasons to try in ranked. We want MORE pvp content, not less

@suffish.4150 said:

If you believe that ranked right now is purely random then you are pretty delusional I have to say. Of course luck is a factor, nobody is denying that but it, over an entire season, is much less of a factor than people seem to believe. Why is it that the same players are always able to reach top 10 and legendary division? Because they are just lucky? Of course not. The leaderboard is the best way of representing skill that we have ever had. No, it isn’t perfect but it’s as close as we are going to get.

As for the argument I have seen people making that bringing back duo q will make the leaderboard unbalanced- have you forgotten seasons 5, 6, 7 and 8? There was duo in those seasons and nobody was complaining about it making the leaderboard unbalanced. If you want to get god of pvp, then yes you will have to duo but come on, if you are a player who is truly good enough to get something like that, you will have no shortage of top players to queue with. If nobody good wants to duo with you Then you are not a good player and when you improve, that will definitely change. So no, duo does not make the leaderboard very much less accurate than it is right now at all.

I just find it hilarious that players have been asking for new pvp content and features for so long with no success, and what does anet do when they finally act? They REMOVE one of the major reasons to try in ranked. We want MORE pvp content, not less

We've seen stream of "GW2 pvp legends" fall flat on their face when they're placed in a total crap team...despite your claims of god like skills...nobody can carry a total crap team, you win because your random team happens to be less braindead then the opposition but still insist on these titles why?

1- People use specs that artificially increase their skill level by 600-700 pts2- The tile is not a representation of personal skill...no matter how hard you claim otherwise, I recognise names...not titles, like everybody worth its salt does3- I stopped pvp in ranked, winning was boring and losing was absurd, 8 times out of 10 the skill difference is immense ,immeasurable and that alone invalidate anything you could say or do

@Faux Play.6104 said:

I wonder how many people would actually full team, as the only time I've ever played an AT, we finished top 16 after losing the first match (5-500) when we did a guild mission for Top Stats.

I have to say this is pretty exciting news, the removal of titles from ranked means we'll be returning to the OG style of leaderboards, but a much better version of it, and removes the incentive manipulate matches and such. People that got/earned the titles for top 250 are going to get the prestige title treatment akin to the titles like 'Challenger of the Arena'. The ones that are complaining. about the removal of titles can thank your top end players who can't keep decent respect for the game mode with their win trading and exploitative practices. But hey you get to duo queue again to have fun with your friends with good rewards :+1:

@Arheundel.6451 said:

We've seen stream of "GW2 pvp legends" fall flat on their face when they're placed in a total crap team...despite your claims of god like skills...
nobody can carry a total crap team
, you win because your random team happens to be less braindead then the opposition but still insist on these titles why?

1- People use specs that artificially increase their skill level by 600-700 pts2- The tile is not a representation of personal skill...no matter how hard you claim otherwise, I recognise names...not titles, like everybody worth its salt does3- I stopped pvp in ranked,
winning was boring and losing was absurd
, 8 times out of 10 the skill difference is immense ,immeasurable and that alone invalidate anything you could say or do

can confirm.Equiopping weapons increases rating by 1000.

Really don't like the removal of Titles, takes away the incentive for everyone. Not just the Wintraders get hit by such changes.I mean... I get it, but I don't think it'll have the expected impact on the people it's ment for.Truly, I believe the best solution to just go way harder and stricter on people who do the wintrading. It should have happened from the get-go, then it wouldn't have gotten this far out of hand. Right now it feels like "we" get punished for the actions of others.Curious to see what the alternatives will be before I judge on the changes though.

Returning duo queue is just amazing, thanks!

Archived