bring back holy trinity monk class

messiah.1908

@messiah.1908 said:

@messiah.1908 said:i didnt say single target rather 1 ally target. you could see monk cast 1 single target skills on all of his allies whether it was a cleanse or heal or both. now mostly you see guard move with necro mainly

Your post is confusing. Not sure what you mean because the basis of my response was that the reason gw1 and gw2 are so different is the abundance of AOE heals and being able to heal both the healer and the party member(s) at the same time, rather than having to make a decision between healing yourself or the ally. That’s the root of the problem that can’t be solved without a redesign of healing in gw2

my post didnt mention the word AOE. at the start of gw2 anet stated that it deleted the holy trinity system but as we can see we had ele healer for couple of years with bunker guard to heal guard. so the the statement failed to the reality. so why to fight over it. just create sort of magi amulet with healing abilities and adjust some healing skills to be more around decisions making and not spamming (like ventari the healing accrue around the tablet so ventari has to choose whether to stand near his allies and take hits or stand from range and heal but be vulnerable. but the statement gw2 dont have holy trinity is false so if we fix that maybe we can fix the idea behind the desing of the game for the future

Well, on a technical level, all skills in gw2 should be less spammy, less AOE and more decision making, just like gw1

But the Very nature of gw2 design philosophy is total opposite of gw1, and if you want any sembalance of good gameplay, and balance there needs to be a rework in that design philosophy...which will never happen.

Even the Magi amulet and other similar amulets are bad by design because the offer tankyness to a class that can output healing A tanky class should be a tank...that’s it. A healing class should just heal, and a dps class should just do dps. When they get mixed up, gw2’s current state is the consequence. I’m not saying it can’t work, because it can, but there needs to be negative consequences with skills that make it capable of doing multiple things.

On top of that conquest with nodes encourage tanks to become meta game. This is the reason the amulets were removed in the first place and all we have now is DPS classes, with...surprise Firebrand and Mesmers being able to still do the things that Anet is desperately trying to eradicate.

Archived