What's best to spend karma on

@killieandy.2791 said:So I'm playing a warrior class and I have over 500k of karma. What should I spend it on. Can you get skins for gliders/mounts or just use it to buy armour skins?

Most mount and glider skins are gem store exclusive. Certain armor and weapon skins can be purchased using only karma and most of the vendors can be found in certain locations in the Orr maps.

Don't spend it for the sake of it - there's isn't much in the way of essential stuff. You might find things later that need karma (eg stuff for legendaries, there's ascended backpacks in the last LS3 map and so forth). Personally I save all mine up for Wintersday and spend millions of karma then on Wintersday loot boxes.

Basically, just let it build until you stumble across a time when you know you need it. It builds slowly, so stockpiling it can be worthwhile later

@Randulf.7614 said:Don't spend it for the sake of it - there's isn't much in the way of essential stuff. You might find things later that need karma (eg stuff for legendaries, there's ascended backpacks in the last LS3 map and so forth). Personally I save all mine up for Wintersday and spend millions of karma then on Wintersday loot boxes.

Basically, just let it build until you stumble across a time when you know you need it. It builds slowly, so stockpiling it can be worthwhile laterI mirror Randulf's advice; save it. Definitely don't spend it for the sake of it. It's becomes very useful later on in places like the Path of Fire, and if you ever want to start making Legendary Items you'll see that 500,000 disappear very quickly.

@rng.1024 said:I'm going to give you all a tip here:

If you enter WvW, in any spawn area you will find a vendor who will sell you lvl 80 rare weapons for 20-40k karma. These can be used in the mystic forge ;)

It just isnt an efficient option esp given how cheap rares are to buy or how often they drop. I found it a waste of karma to be honest, since the return from the forge was never worth it. Poss an option for those with many millions, but i only have 2 million and have more important items to buy with karma

@Randulf.7614 said:

@rng.1024 said:I'm going to give you all a tip here:

If you enter WvW, in any spawn area you will find a vendor who will sell you lvl 80 rare weapons for 20-40k karma. These can be used in the mystic forge ;)

It just isnt an efficient option esp given how cheap rares are to buy or how often they drop. I found it a waste of karma to be honest, since the return from the forge was never worth it. Poss an option for those with many millions, but i only have 2 million and have more important items to buy with karma

Yeah depends how you play. I think I've spent 10m karma here, was more than enough to get 4 of my precursors without spending gold.

500k is not much. I had 3 mils and now am down to 960k..

Let me give you bit of advice. Before spending, go to your favourite Living Story 3 or Living Story 4 map and see if you can purchase karmic retribution there (not every map has it). If you can don't be stingy, buy it to full (lvl 3). Then you'll have a place to farm yourself up some karma, you will thank yourself down the road for this.

As for what to spend it on - these maps themselves have few karma sinks. There is also the Pact Supply Network Agent willing to suck you dry of roughly 30k karma daily..And as ppl said - stuff for legendaries....AND ascended in some cases (fulgurite needs obsidian shards). Easiest way to get those is buying them with karma..

@Sephylon.4938 said:Obsidian shards, but that's only if you're crafting a legendary. Other than that, I agree with the above 2

I use it for Obsidian as well, but for ascended crafting, not for legendaries. You need a fair number of them if you have multiple toons.

In general, I'd use karma to buy anything that you would otherwise have to spend another currency on. Karma is easier come by than most. But I do agree - don't spend just to spend. Use it for what you need.

• 3 months later...

@jezebel.7054 said:

@rng.1024 said:

Yeah depends how you play. I think I've spent 10m karma here, was more than enough to get 4 of my precursors without spending gold.Can you explain what you mean by this please? How do you use karma to get precursors?

If you read back in that conversation, you'll see it was about a Karma vendor in WvW selling lvl 80 rare weapons that can be forged.

• 4 weeks later...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Orrian_Pearl

Orrian Pearls are almost as easy to farm as Fresh Winterberry, but the back pieces you buy with them (Relic of "x") require 200 pearls + 315K Karma, and use no unbound magic. That frees up that resource to be spent on rings/trinkets/amulets from other LS3 vendors. Additionally when you get all 5 back pieces you get a 6th one free.

And just for perspective sake, my account is 10.5 months old and I have roughly 2.5 million karma, and that's after spending a good 1 million on various things this past year. Eventually you'll have more than you know what to do with.

Archived