Can I have more than 1 account and share resources between them?

Not that I know of. Perhaps there are, because I know that to avoid someone stealing your account and emptying everything instantly, you can't sell more than a set amount of items at once in the trading post. But I don't think there are any restrictions in sending golds or items to another player.

Expanding on @"ROMANG.1903"'s more concise response: there are three restrictions, one hard, one soft, and one murky.

Gold Transfer LimitsEach account can only accept 500 gold per week from any source, including mail from any player and transfers through guild banks. (Hard rule)

Email LimitsThe "Spam Reduction Act of 2014" put a limit of two mail from an account in a given period. That delay is extended if you continue to try to send more mail before the cooldown period is over. (Soft rule, because you just have to wait it out.)

Big Brother is WatchingAnti-fraud "heuristics" will sometimes identify transfers of wealth as suspicious. This typically doesn't affect people using the same IP address nor people who have been mutual friends for ages. But once in a while, someone will do some crafting for a guildie or a stranger (for a fee or not) and get dinged. It happens rarely and you just need to appeal. Horribly annoying, but ultimately no big deal.

I know lots of people with two, three, or up to a dozen accounts. They routinely move send rewards, gathering benefits, and TP profits. I've never heard of any of them encountering any significant difficulty. People have posted on the forums/Reddit, but it's very unusual. (And usually turns out to be more complicated that the situation the OP is asking about.)

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Expanding on @"ROMANG.1903"'s more concise response: there are three restrictions, one hard, one soft, and one murky.

Gold Transfer LimitsEach account can only accept 500 gold per week from any source, including mail from any player and transfers through guild banks. (Hard rule)

Email LimitsThe "Spam Reduction Act of 2014" put a limit of two mail from an account in a given period. That delay is extended if you continue to try to send more mail before the cooldown period is over. (Soft rule, because you just have to wait it out.)

Big Brother is WatchingAnti-fraud "heuristics" will sometimes identify transfers of wealth as suspicious. This typically doesn't affect people using the same IP address nor people who have been mutual friends for ages. But once in a while, someone will do some crafting for a guildie or a stranger (for a fee or not) and get dinged. It happens rarely and you just need to appeal. Horribly annoying, but ultimately no big deal.

I know lots of people with two, three, or up to a dozen accounts. They routinely move send rewards, gathering benefits, and TP profits. I've never heard of any of them encountering any significant difficulty. People have posted on the forums/Reddit, but it's very unusual. (And usually turns out to be more complicated that the situation the OP is asking about.)

Thank you, I'm enlightened :)

Archived