PvP Season 13 Starts August 28

Gaile Gray.6029

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

Now I got It. (Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board.)But this is not the right decision. The right decision its to have the Titles conbined with more specific position rewards.This is a lazy decision. You from A-net knows how many time pvp players wanted leaderboard Titles to come back.

100% sure that this is a step back.

About duo queue I think you are wrong too, because we all know what happened last seasons... but you want to open for a more friendship game. I don't care too much. You only will see more 2 pros duo (That already carry games) + 1 pro with alternative acc queueing at same time, to get in the same team, if not... gg for the team with the alone pro account.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ArenaNet

• When you test PvP, everyone from development tests it alone or like a team?
  • When you design, check and verify, anything related to PvP, do you communicate in voice with other developers, or you ping the map and draw signs?
  • Does the PvP balance department work as a "team" or alone, or grouped by 2 working together?
  • At development there is an inner system to chat by typing regarding issues, or you talk directly, or by phone, or using headphones with a voice software?

If developers have so much fun designing in a team with brain-storming, why should players be forced to have fun alone? Why should players be happy about Duo-Queue in a team where majority are randoms?

Developers that design this game get to communicate with each other and have fun talking about their coffee or other subjects while they design (coming up with ideas), but players must be happy because they can play with a friend in a team of random majority, and if they loose they still get rewards for farming.

There is a huge gap between what we, as players, perceive as PvP fun, alone; and what you, as developers and testers, perceive as fun, while communicating together in a team.

@Vallun.2071 said:I'm guessing our system for rewards will be based purely on ascended shards now. Will there be any incentive to be good at ranked q? In other words, why should I try to get higher rating? Other than a badge and an extra pip, there is no reason. Makes me not care about winning.

at least people might be less toxic since they 'll not care about winning anymore. Nothing has been changed track yet... maybe it will with system team ... or not.

it will be purely for the fun of playing sPvP ... so people will stop playing then . LUL

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@pah.4931 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

My future desire (not happening this season) is to replace leaderboards rewards with rewards for reaching a tier. Then you're not punished for continuing to play ranked PvP. This does bring up the question of what motivates you once you hit the tier you feel you can reasonably obtain, but that should be up to making sure the pip rewards feel good enough to motivate you to keep playing.

The duo-queue change is something we've been somewhat hesitant to bring back. It makes matchmaking at the high and low ends of the skill rating spectrum more difficult. Ultimately, it came down to the fact that most players have more fun queuing up with a friend. Regardless of the effect it has on competitiveness. So we're bringing it back and we'll see how it goes for the season.

Any chance in hell you're considering bringing team queue back? It sucks that my two brothers and I can't farm pips on the few nights we can play together...

In a ranked competitive game there shouldnt be anything to farm except your rank and wins. This mentality of "needing rewards to enjoy something" 100% ruins any competive mentality.

Yeah the highest skilled dota players only play for the win right, not the monetary reward of the TI, the title of champion, or anything like that right?

Get lost.

@Chilli.2976 said:So I've just hit rank 1 and the season ended. My name will be on the leaderboards for 2 weeks then removed next season.How is the player able to show that they have reached a certain milestone in PvP if you remove the titles and their name on the leaderboards is only temporary?

They can Screen shot it and upload it to myspace.

@bluri.2653 said:Good no more titles ?

Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

i think this is fair and good

so glad your bringing back duo brought me back to the game just off that news alone....do hope AT love is around the corner really miss playing with a full team the banter between friends ultimately is what made the game magic .02

@Ithilwen.1529 said:

I like the sound of gaining rewards by playing.

You're absolutely right that Duo queue hurts competitiveness.
I don't see the argument for duo queue to increase fun. You can always team queue in unranked.

unranked simply is unrewarding .... were mainly playing for rewards (this is generally why people are attracted to the MMO genre) and while we all want games to be fair and competitive...some of us aren't willing to sacrifice what makes the game fun to play!

@BeLZedaR.4790 said:

Obviously you can’t care less for them, and quite the opposite now that they’re gone you’re happy because yours is more exclusive, but are you really happy that an incentive for people to try and improve is gone?Yes wintrade is an issue but just perma dishonor and title stripping them makes more sense to me.No titles, no one cares anymore, no one gets better.

The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

@bluri.2653 said:

The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well

A lot.My entire guild for example, so as the entire top 100~250 players.Edit - Those who own merciless seek for ruthless, and the ruthless ones seek for relentless.

HcLqlhK.png

@bluri.2653 said:

The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well. But yes since anet refused to take action against wintrading from the get go i always said remove it all

If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

@milego.4830 said:

If they also remove from people who got them, we have a deal. Since you don't care, I'm sure you agree.

Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

@breno.5423 said:

Maybe a reset for all players, a new restart to everyone.But DON'T REMOVE TITLES @anet.

Buddy seems to me they have already went down that trail and to reverse it back may be possible for next season, depending on the reaction and overall results of this season. And how about not just ram straight ahead, where is the patients for the love of god. Let's see what they come up with, at very least they will probably return it if backlash is devastating - wouldn't be first time.

@Vicariuz.1605 said:

@pah.4931 said:

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:The removal of the titles was something we've been considering for a while. They haven't really felt great for a while, in my opinion. Mainly because the design of the reward actively discouraged you to play once you hit a certain position on the board. People didn't want to take the risk of losing their position and would often play the bare minimum required.

Any chance in hell you're considering bringing team queue back? It sucks that my two brothers and I can't farm pips on the few nights we can play together...

In a ranked competitive game there shouldnt be anything to farm except your rank and wins. This mentality of "needing rewards to enjoy something" 100% ruins any competive mentality.

Yeah the highest skilled dota players only play for the win right, not the monetary reward of the TI, the title of chon, or anything like that right?

Get lost.

Thats not ingame rewards where people farm and dont take comrodery or stategy seriously. You can not compair any esl game to gw2 since everything about els gw2 was a failure. Get educated on competitive topics befor tou chim in and tell people to get lost mr.rudeguy.

Why not split one set of legendary armor skins (only skins, we can get the legend armor effects with changing stats by the old way with the ascended and crafting but the skins rly need to be legendary, worth to try for) over 6 seasons and in 2 versions (like with less shiny and with more shiny and it can be upgraded). You add a new reward item you can collect during the seasons. You only get some of these items when in plat 1 or higher, ofc you get more of them in plat 2 and even more in legend. Only when you play in legend most of the time in the season then you get enough reward items to get one piece of these armor in only one season. Everyone else needs waaay longer and ofc only plat and higher even get access to the reward item.

The vendor for these armor is avaiable during offseason and only one piece is buyable each season. Means when you didnt get enough of the reward items to buy the one piece you have to wait 6 seasons until you can buy it again. The moment you have enough reward items to get one piece of the armor you can decide if you buy the one that is available after the season or you wait during the one item you wanna get first is avaiable again. Only ppl playing in legend like 70% of the time in a season can get the whole set in only 6 seasons. Playing 400 games should not make a difference to playing only 200 games in a season but ofc ppl need to play the 120 games minimum to get access to the vendor. The reward item should not be grindable, they should be skillbased. So ppl need to make a legend game in 70% of the days in the season to get enough reward items for a armor piece they can buy in the offseason. Means it is a daily reward based on the highest division game a player did (won!) on a day. Something like that. Than it doesn't need like 20 different skins each season to make ppl play for a long time. Ofc also give more pips in plat and higher and delete rewards when losing a game. Other skins like 6 different auras, mounts, mini pets etc. can be added, for each season a different one.

This way ppl would have a reason to climb as high as possible on each single day in the season, to get a higher amount of the daily reward items for the special vendor. Ppl also need to do 120 games minimum in each season they wanna buy items (even when they alread collected enough reward items to buy stuff). Means even daily improvements (by climbing from plat 1 into plat 2 and win a game in plat 2) will be rewarded. Even when you fall back to plat 1 after that won plat 2 game, you can try to climb back on the next day and get rewarded for the effort to climb again and that every day you play.

These 6 pieces of legend armor skin, mounts, mini pets and auras should be running until a player constantly playing in plat2 or even plat3 (constantly means around 70% of days in a season) should be able to buy the whole (upgraded) armor set and maybe 1-3 other items like an aura and a mount skin. That will maybe need 2-3 times turn of 6 seasons (means 12-18 seasons), that is enough time to develop another legend armor skin and another 6 aura skins, mounts etc for another run of 12-18 seasons.

You can make a similar system for bronze-gold but with less shiny rewards. I want these rewards to have skill-prestige in the end and bring back competition.

@breno.5423 said:

The first question is how much did people actually care about them in the first place as well

A lot.My entire guild for example, so as the entire top 100~250 players.Edit - Those who own merciless seek for ruthless, and the ruthless ones seek for relentless.

HcLqlhK.png

If you think ppl cared for titles i would call you as dumb as anet. And yeah they should also remove the titles given in prior seasons to make it fair.

@breno.5423 said:

I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

@Senteliks.2360 said:

And how about not just ram straight ahead, where is the patients for the love of god.

Do you still trust anet after all this time? roflIf we dont make noise right now, they wont do anything.

@bluri.2653 said:

I stated that on my stream as well. Remove titles including the ppl who got them since its so ruined. Let mATS have the ”prestige” so i agree on that as well.

Edit: however i dislike the best of the best title, u cant tell its connected to pvp compared to god or pvp

Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

@Patrick.2987 said:

Because ppl care about title prestige on mAT. Money is all ppl need.

The problem is quite different. These titles hold no value because most of the top250 remains there after placement games, and there is no incentive to obtain a title you already earned 3+ times. However, they are a goal for gold/plat players who didn't reach it yet.

Alternatively, what's an issue is that i feel there will be much less tryharding in solo queue, and matchs are going to be even more random that they already are. I mean, if you get nothing for climbing to top but you can farm quickly Byzance chest in bronze, why wouldn't people do that ? Is there anyway to prevent people to pureposely tank rating to reach bronze ? I do not wanna get frustrating matchs.

Archived