New Players

Rikkagin.9472

@Rikkagin.9472 said:I have just passed through some lower level maps, doing the daily, and I've seen a LOT of new players, (no mastery points) the most I've seen since core Tyria went free-to-play. Even saw 8 fighting the toxic spider queen.

Hopefully they upgrade to one or both of the expansions.

Many are probably GW1 vets that are excited about the return of the Crystal Desert. That and Cantha were probably the most requested new zones since this game launched. I'm pretty sure Living World Season 4 will eventually take us to Cantha for the 3rd expansion.

@Rikkagin.9472 said:I have just passed through some lower level maps, doing the daily, and I've seen a LOT of new players, (no mastery points) the most I've seen since core Tyria went free-to-play. Even saw 8 fighting the toxic spider queen.

They might not all be new players, could be vets levelling new toons with their extra character slots from PoF pre-purchase. If your character is lower than level 80, your mastery points don't show, it shows your effective level from being downscaled as pre-HoT toons did.

@penelopehannibal.8947 said:

They might not all be new players, could be vets levelling new toons with their extra character slots from PoF pre-purchase. If your character is lower than level 80, your mastery points don't show, it shows your effective level from being downscaled as pre-HoT toons did.

In the past I've seen a lot of lower level players, many down-levelled, with the mastery symbol, proving they are alts not new players.These do not have that.

@Rikkagin.9472 said:

@penelopehannibal.8947 said:

In the past I've seen a lot of lower level players, many down-levelled, with the mastery symbol, proving they are alts not new players.These do not have that.

I think he's saying if your character isn't base level 80, mastery won't show.

Could be new players, could be alts. I have low-level characters (with no Mastery designation) that I've not played much that I might want to level-up for the new Elite Specializations. Plus, a couple of empty character slots.
The new players might be Play4Free, or might have already purchased on or both expansions, and be leveling up characters naturally, as many of us suggest a new player do.

Archived