Luminous weapons

Hylox.9746

i really love the design of these weapons, choosing two a year is extremely difficult, this year i chose the mace and sword. these really are amazing weapon skins, but it feels as though they should have a trail effect when you swing them since they are more difficult to obtain, maybe it's just me. a trail effect would make these weapons even more amazing and more highly sought after, either way these are some of the best weapon skins in the game imho

I picked Sword and Greatsword last year. It's fun how many people ask you what skins you're using haha

Not using the sword much since I crafted the Shining Blade though. I am legitimately running out of weapon slots! I have a legendary axe, a legendary sword, a shield skin worth 3k gold... None of which I'd like to switch off from and since it's pretty much my only character the other options just seems nonsensical!

Hammer is the only one I could replace at the moment, as I am still aways off my Juggernaut, though in those last weeks that might change as well.

A real first world problem! Too many goodies!

On topic though: I think the weapons are perfect as is. Their simplicity and elegance are what make them really incredible weapons and they have to be among my favorite skins of all time in any game actually.

@Blocki.4931 said:I picked Sword and Greatsword last year. It's fun how many people ask you what skins you're using haha

Not using the sword much since I crafted the Shining Blade though. I am legitimately running out of weapon slots! I have a legendary axe, a legendary sword, a shield skin worth 3k gold... None of which I'd like to switch off from and since it's pretty much my only character the other options just seems nonsensical!

That is when you start making additional characters.

If the gen2 legendary scepter turns out to be nice I will need another mesmer ...

I'd keep trails for legendaries. Anyway, in WvW it it's better not to have trails on.

I like the mace, hammer, + axe. The axe is fitting for a core warrior or berserker ; if you wanted to you could run it on a mesmer / firebrand / necromancer (mostly on power scourges in WvW). Most spellbreakers run dagger , hammer, or mace.

The mace is rather unique and mace is used on firebrands in WvW , renegades running condi , as well as spellbreakers for CC.

The Shining Blade is a shinier blade ; so are Bolt (sword) & Sunrise (Greatsword). That is why I wouldn't go for the luminous blades.

It's a similar situation with daggers (Incinerator , storm daggers overshadow it).

The shortbow gives Chuka & Champawat a run for the money but the only character currently competitive on shortbow (not for mobility) is condi revenant in renegade spec. Very rarely do rangers use shortbow ; thieves use it for mobility only pretty much.

Anyhow the weapons go closely with Auric weapons in coloring.

Archived