Buffs...BUFFS....BUFFS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!! Well mostly for Reaper :P

Methuselah.4376

This is my patch changes review:

Strength of Undeath: The damage increase from this trait has been increased from 5% to 10%A nice change. For sure a dps increase, i would have preferred to get a lower threshold too but, we can't have it all.

Death Perception: The critical hit chance increase of this trait has been reduced from 50% to 33% while in a shroud. This trait now additionally grants up to 300 ferocity at level 80.To be honest since most of the time you generally go over 100% crit chance, it's good to have that increased ferocity. But I can understand that on build with low crit chance this might not be that good.

Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.What can i says? Awesome pulsating quickness

Summon Blood Fiend: This minion will now grant life force upon death and regenerate health when out of combat.Summon Bone Minions: These minions will now grant life force upon death and regenerate health when out of combat.Both good changes, even though I would have preferred a rework minions skill.

Terror: This trait now inflicts the increased condition damage regardless of whether the target has other conditions. The base damage inflicted has been increased 25%, and the effect of condition damage has been increased by 37.5%Really good change finally terror it's unrealated to other conditions, and the boost in base dmg and condi dmg contribution is much appreciated.

Furious Demise: The duration of fury granted by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds. This trait now also grants up to 180 precision.The increased duration in fury makes it really more usable, especially on scourge since now it covers the entire duration of sand shroud, plus the addiciontal precision feels appropriate.

Lingering Curse: The condition damage gained from this trait has been increased from 150 to 200. This trait also changes Feast of Corruption into a new, area-affecting version called Devouring Darkness.This is an awesome rework of Lingering curse, more condi damage and a new scepter aoe 3 feels really good.

Ritual of Life: This trait is now split between game modes and will now revive at 4% in PvP and WvW.I don't like this change, but I can understand that in some situation with well of blood downed player can really be res to fast.

Spiteful Talisman: Fixed a display bug in which this trait showed a 5% damage increase instead of a 10% damage increase.Was it a 10%? Tbh honest i didn't really tested this before. Anyway tooltip fix always ok.

Dread: The damage received by enemies inflicted with fear has been increased from 20% to 33%.The damage increase cannot be bad, the problem is that the trait is bad, it's only when enemy is feared which is almost 0s since people breakstun fear all the time. Please rework it as Peak Perfomance of warrior. Since the most you can get from a fear that last 1s, see terrify from shroud or staff 5 is at best 1 auto attack, for example on reaper shroud you can't even benefit of the dmg increase of dread on a combo like terrify then executioner's scythe, because by the time you finish the cast the dmg buff from dread is already gone.

Gluttony: In addition to its previous life force gain increase, this trait now grants the necromancer a stack of might for 6 seconds when they gain life force.This change is much appreciated, it increase the synergy with blighter's boon. It's behavior is strange it seems to have a variable internal cooldown. For example i tested this with locust swarm that have 10 impacts for 10s each impact give life force. I expected it to give me 10 stacks of might I instead got 4. Might wanna look in to its behavior.

In the end this is a good patch for necromancer, it buffed reaper, gave more tools to scourge, and core necro got something good too.The problem is Anet you still have to address major things like Death Magic rework, focus (4) Reaper's Touch, Unyelding Blast on Soul Reaping( really this trait is poor) since you can get 25 stacks of vuln with everything else on reaper and with life blast is not that usefull. You merg Reapers protection trait with Fear of Death.Then there's the fact the Death Shourd is not up with the game, pace, life blast is too slow on cast, life transfer has a cooldown and cast time to high plus the damage is poor, dark path should be a ground target teleport, tainted shackles what the point of an immolize if you pulsing torment you want the target to move to benefit from increase damage. There's the fact that core necromancer doesn't have a decent elite utility, because golem tracking is poor most of the time it misses and plaguelands as soon as someone see a red circle the enemy player wont get close to you, it always should be a moving pulsing field. I could go on and on the utilities that need rework.I guess slow incoming buff is better than nothing, Anet I acknoledge the fact that doing all this rework is not easy but we've been waiting for years on things that are there since the day one.

Peace out! Enjoy your perma quickness shroud XDEdit: review text errors

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it depends. Sustain was a bit low if you wanted to deal big damage numbers.

Marauder Reaper vs Marauder Revenant/Holo/Thief/Guardian did favor the latter when they were able to avoid Shroudburst which resulted in being somewhat a One Trick Pony for Power Reapers. That 300 Ferocity basically boosts our damage to former Marauder Levels if we go Paladin now - increasing sustain at almost the same burst.

I think it's okay. The class is still slow and immobile - leaving enough room for counterplay. Facetanking a Reaper in Shroud should punish its opponent. But this wasn't the case until today.

@NecroSummonsMors.7816 said:

Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.Right this trait is pulsing quickness every 3s, and tbh it's great with this bugged version. The real one with only quickness on life rend, might not be that good since it's only on the last attack of the chain. This means that combos like, first auto with quickness to cast 4 or 5 wont happen once they fix it.

Why do you think this is a bug? The tooltip says nothing about the Quickness being tied to Life Reap, just the cooldown reduction. Tooltip says it applies 3 seconds of quickness on a 3 second interval.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@"NecroSummonsMors.7816" said:

Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.
Right this trait is pulsing quickness every 3s, and tbh it's great with this bugged version. The real one with only quickness on life rend, might not be that good since it's only on the last attack of the chain. This means that combos like, first auto with quickness to cast 4 or 5 wont happen once they fix it.

Why do you think this is a bug? The tooltip says nothing about the Quickness being tied to Life Reap, just the cooldown reduction. Tooltip says it applies 3 seconds of quickness on a 3 second interval.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper%27s_Onslaught Look at wiki. Also if you look at tooltip in game it says the exact same thing. Quickness occur on Life Reap, it's not pulsing.I'd love it to be pulsing, but considering the wiki and the tool tip in game I can say with almost certainty it's a bug.In my opinion the quickness should be on first attack Life Rend, not on the third one Life Reap, it would allow for combos like auto 1 times, then cast executioner scythe or soul spiral under quickness effect

@Methuselah.4376 said:NecromancerStrength of Undeath: The damage increase from this trait has been increased from 5% to 10%.

Very small buff. Esp if you consider how fast lifeforce drains.

Death Perception: The critical hit chance increase of this trait has been reduced from 50% to 33% while in a shroud. This trait now additionally grants up to 300 ferocity at level 80.

More a nerf than a buff. Cause you will loose defensive stats in PvP as you have to get higher critchance.

Reaper's Onslaught: This trait now grants quickness while in Reaper's Shroud instead of the previous 15% increased attack speed.

(It's pulsing from what I read, so finally a good change, even though it can get stripped or corrupted. So it's a buff and nerf at the same time

Summon Blood Fiend: This minion will now grant life force upon death and regenerate health when out of combat.Summon Bone Minions: These minions will now grant life force upon death and regenerate health when out of combat.

Whatever.

Terror: This trait now inflicts the increased condition damage regardless of whether the target has other conditions. The base damage inflicted has been increased 25%, and the effect of condition damage has been increased by 37.5%.

Pretty nice for core necro. But only for core, as fear traits are way too spread over 4 traitlines

Furious Demise: The duration of fury granted by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 8 seconds. This trait now also grants up to 180 precision.

That 5 seconds was way too low and 8 is still low, but okayish. But the real problem is, that it's in curses traitline not in spite

Lingering Curse: The condition damage gained from this trait has been increased from 150 to 200. This trait also changes Feast of Corruption into a new, area-affecting version called Devouring Darkness.

Nice change, but I think scepter 3 is way too overloaded now. This will cause major issues in wvw and people will start crying again

Ritual of Life: This trait is now split between game modes and will now revive at 4% in PvP and WvW.

Well. No good necro played bm in wvw zergs, at least none of the good necros I know.

Spiteful Talisman: Fixed a display bug in which this trait showed a 5% damage increase instead of a 10% damage increase.Dread: The damage received by enemies inflicted with fear has been increased from 20% to 33%.

Still a completely useless trait on most builds. Cause fear uptime is way too low and the enemy only takes increased dmg from the necro

Gluttony: In addition to its previous life force gain increase, this trait now grants the necromancer a stack of might for 6 seconds when they gain life force.

I think that's useless as we have a lot of might generation from spite traitline. And it's also a bit too much. Maybe giving regeneration would fit much more maybe with an icd

WIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

All in all necro still won't be meta in pve. So its very good I started playing WoW again.

Right this trait is pulsing quickness every 3s, and tbh it's great with this bugged version. The real one with only quickness on life rend, might not be that good since it's only on the last attack of the chain. This means that combos like, first auto with quickness to cast 4 or 5 wont happen once they fix it.

Look at wiki. Also if you look at tooltip in game it says the exact same thing. Quickness occur on Life Reap, it's not pulsing.I'd love it to be pulsing, but considering the wiki and the tool tip in game I can say with almost certainty it's a bug.In my opinion the quickness should be on first attack Life Rend, not on the third one Life Reap, it would allow for combos like auto 1 times, then cast executioner scythe or soul spiral under quickness effect

Have you actually stopped to see the tooltip in game? It gives the boon application interval. Someone just hasn't finished updating the wiki page since adding additional skill facts takes time unless you know exactly what you are doing

The wiki is also mostly updated by the community. It's not a Bible.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Look at wiki. Also if you look at tooltip in game it says the exact same thing. Quickness occur on Life Reap, it's not pulsing.I'd love it to be pulsing, but considering the wiki and the tool tip in game I can say with almost certainty it's a bug.In my opinion the quickness should be on first attack Life Rend, not on the third one Life Reap, it would allow for combos like auto 1 times, then cast executioner scythe or soul spiral under quickness effect

Have you actually stopped to see the tooltip in game? It gives the boon application interval. Someone just hasn't finished updating the wiki page since adding additional skill facts takes time unless you know exactly what you are doing

I can say with certainty you are wrong on this one.

Yes I've read the tool tip in game. Here's an image proving what I'm sayinghttps://imgur.com/DxzNvLl

"Gain ferocity while in a reapers shroud. Hitting with Life Reap reduces the recharge of all shroud skills and grants quickness.Recharge reduction can only occur once per use of Life Reap " In no point in the tooltip it says quickness is pulsing. It clearly states that is tied to Life Reap. So either I'm not understanding it or there's something wrong with the tooltip. As I said before don't get me wrong i'd like it to be pulsing.

Edit: to clarify my point

Yes I've read the tool tip in game. Here's an image proving what I'm saying

I'm going to say its worded badly because:

Yeah, that image proves us correct. Notice the "interval" part?

There would be no need for the interval skill-fact without it pulsing because:

• it would proc every other full auto chain
  • if it did proc on number of targets it would say so
  • It would be better to just skill fact an ICD
  • it would be super janky to play with

Well then the tooltip is really bad written because from what it's written I understood that the quickness gain and the recharge gain is tied to hitting with Life Rend.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Ye Quickness should be pulsating. I think wiki still needs to be updated

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

What can I say, I'm happy it's not a bug :) I'll edit my post ^^

Well then the tooltip is really bad written because from what it's written I understood that the quickness gain and the recharge gain is tied to hitting with Life Rend.

tooltips in this game as so bad that a few years ago the patch "meta" was them going through and clearing up all the skill facts and skill descriptions since they were that bad/ambiguous

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Egorum.9506 said:You guys are nuts, this patch is a straight 30% damage buff for reaper in pvp and wvw

That's the problem, necromancer and reaper didn't need damage buff in PvP and WvW. This patch don't change the statu quo in any way, it will just lead to complains from other professions. This is the worst thing that ANet could do.

So this doesn't make Necromancer more viable for PvE endgame content?

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:tooltips in this game as so bad that a few years ago the patch "meta" was them going through and clearing up all the skill facts and skill descriptions since they were that bad/ambiguousMy current favorite messed up tooltip:Well of Power (underwater):The tooltip says it grants Stability but not Might. The actual skill does not grant Stability but Might.

@KrHome.1920 said:

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:tooltips in this game as so bad that a few years ago the patch "meta" was them going through and clearing up all the skill facts and skill descriptions since they were that bad/ambiguousMy current favorite messed up tooltip:Well of Power (underwater):The tooltip says it grants Stability but not Might. The actual skill does not grant Stability but Might.

Also look how long spiteful talisman was bugged (I actually feel it want bugged but they just buffed )

What can I say, I'm happy it's not a bug :) I'll edit my post ^^

Tool tips are sometimes badly written which is why some patches involve tool tip updates. It won't make sense to remove an attack speed buff that was "permanent" and replace it with such a conditional speed buff. This was one of my most favourite changes :)

@Dace.8173 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:That's the problem, necromancer and reaper didn't need damage buff in PvP and WvW. This patch don't change the statu quo in any way, it will just lead to complains from other professions. This is the worst thing that ANet could do.

Nope it doesn't. The increase in DPS isn't to the point of reaching the same average dps level as other professions (not even close) and there isn't more useful support or utility. This patch changed absolutely nothing for the necromancer in PvE endgame content. This patch only really increase burst and sustain, which will impact PvP/WvW not endgame PvE.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:That's the problem, necromancer and reaper didn't need damage buff in PvP and WvW. This patch don't change the statu quo in any way, it will just lead to complains from other professions. This is the worst thing that ANet could do.

Nope it doesn't. The increase in DPS isn't to the point of reaching the same average dps level as other professions (not even close) and there isn't more useful support or utility. This patch changed absolutely nothing for the necromancer in PvE endgame content. This patch only really increase burst and sustain, which will impact PvP/WvW not endgame PvE.

The changes will effect PvE a bit. Soul Reaping had a big damage buff. It will make Soul Reaping more powerful than Blood Magic for Power Reaper. I'd guess 30k-31k in total compared to the 28k before. Losing Blood Magic makes Necro give literally nothing to the group though.

@Kam.4092 said:

The changes will effect PvE a bit. Soul Reaping had a big damage buff. It will make Soul Reaping more powerful than Blood Magic for Power Reaper. I'd guess 30k-31k in total compared to the 28k before. Losing Blood Magic makes Necro give literally nothing to the group though.

But the question here isn't so much "did Necromancer get a dps buff" but "is this buff enough"? So even if Soul Reaping got a huge buff is this huge buff enough to get them on PUG teams?

Archived