[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas - [Merged]

I'm sure this have been requested many times, but just one more time for good measure - let us deactivate crafting professions at will.

I have many characters that have crafting profs at level 0 because I planned to level them up or just use them to get some character levels, but plans changed. Now it is impossible to navigate and remember who actually can craft what I need and who is only "technically" a leatherworker.

We can already magically "forget" crafting profs when we want to pick a new one, so it should be easy to just have a similar dialog option always available at the respective crafting trainer.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Account Key Storage/Bank/Keyring - All keys usable in game stored out of inventory/bank and accessible by all characters at all times.Allow Converting "Apply Now" Skins Already Unlocked Into Transmuta

QoL Request:   Increase the size of Squads to 100 or more. Not just for WvW but for community events too. I'm part of a major RP guild in NA and our events frequently exceed 50 people, which

(Open World) A debuff that limits player's eligibility for rewards while afk , it can be from client side as well , so in low periods of time (2-3 mins maybe) if player doesn't press a non-spam key they get a not eligible to rewards debuff , will be removed like when player actively* kill x mobs kinda task

When you clk (or uncheck) show player names, that it actually would work would be nice. Squads with 100 names its just blistering to the eyes when you have enough spell effects going on etc... it would be nice that it function better or have a new check box, SHOW no player names no matter what! lol

Gems item, to purchase a new UI slot for shared inventory that is movable as well, place it whereyou want and not have to open inventory to use them, little icons like necro has for the shade spells, etc... This would bring in the sales for sure, your welcome!

Join the Ash Legion of Tawny Ridge in Stealth operations... This heart is maybe the only heart in the game that actually annoys me to the point of wanting to alt+f4. I know old content is pretty much unlikely to get updates at this point. But please add white circles or something to show the range of the npcs in this heart.

TpN7uDq.jpgSince the release of strikes I still not have runic armors. Why? Because you are asking of abberant amount of crystals, abberants amount of gold and the items you can exchange for armor pieces never drop!!! I'm angry, 250g for a chestplate, you know it is what 250g? It is almost as much as the griffon mount! crazy, still don't understand that the following items droprates haven't been increased: Ice pearl, frozen spark of life, ancient deldrimor gear, essential oil of shadows, blessed raven statuette and pristine fang of the whispers. Come on, why the choya are they account bound? Can't you remove merchant value and make those items sellable and buyable on Trading post?It is annoying. Come on again, they are exotics, not even racial, and you ask 750g and ~350k karma for the full set? Big oof. Really. Not even a full ascended armor set cost that much! For the sake of the skritts balance your game, why there are exotics armors costing more than ascended or precursors?!!! Do something, change the price to only require 50g per armor piece. ANY PIECE. Don't understand the stupidity of increasing crystals and gold price for helmet, chest and shoulders...

I'd love it to be a cool QoL feature, because I feel like content like Fractals should have a leader role that would allow them or lieutenants to e.g. mark places to stack up.It would be useful in DRMs, Dungeons, wvw party play too, or even Tournament matches in PvP.

I'm not sure if this fits in with QoL, but my idea is to give each Elite Specializations two weapons instead of one. With EoD coming, it'll sure be nice if most weapons were available already instead of having to wait 10 years.

I suggest havingHOTDragon Hunter: Long Bow & off hand SwordBerserker: Torch & main hand ShieldHerald: Shield & Great SwordDruid: Staff & offhand FocusScrapper: Hammer & main hand MaceDaredevil: Staff & Dual MaceChronomancer: Shield & Dual DaggersTempest: Warhorn & offhand ScepterReaper: Great Sword & offhand AxePOFFirebrand: Main hand Axe & main hand FocusSpellbreaker: Dual Daggers & offhand FocusRenegade: Short Bow & offhand FocusSoulbeast: Main hand Dagger & RifleHolosmith: Main hand Sword & StaffDeadeye: Rifle & offhand FocusMirage: Main hand Axe & Main hand PistolWeaver: Main hand Sword & main hand FocusScourge: Torch & offhand ShieldEODGuardian Archon: Warhorn & offhand ScepterWarrior Warlord: Staff & Offhand PistolRevenant Overlord: Main hand Scepter & main hand Pistol.Ranger Warden: Hammer & offhand ShieldEngineer Technomancer: Great Sword & offhand FocusThief Inquisitor: Torch & Great SwordMesmer Siren: Short Bow & WarhornElementalist Arcanist: Long Bow & Great SwordNecromancer Warlock: Hammer & Rifle

This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

@Veprovina.4876 said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.

@Veprovina.4876 said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

Yeah this is true, many stories told over time such as dungeon groups being kicked for no reason so the party leader could bring all their friends in for the end reward etc.There was also times where the instance owner would loot and run and the rest of the group would be kicked before they could get their end rewards.It sucked.

Adding markers for parties would be nice, but as others have said, the party leader was something that used to exist but was removed because people abused it to the point people were turned off of using LFG or being the PUG of a group as there was no small chance you'd be kicked just before getting credit or loot.

@Arden.7480 said:

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.

Yes, but that would require a new party system to be in place. And you'll find that the community likes to make excuses for Anet citing "sphagetti code" and all sorts of ridiculous things as to why this can't be done. At least that's my experience when making suggestions that by all accounts should be an afternoon job.

For what it's worth, i agree with your suggestion, it would be nice to even be able to run a caommander tag in a a party so you can do fractals and whatever, i'm sure some people would find it useful. And the devs do read the forums and suggestions.

Just don't expect anything to change any time soon. Especially not before EOD expansion comes out because that's where the bulk of their work will be now.

@Teratus.2859 said:

Yeah this is true, many stories told over time such as dungeon groups being kicked for no reason so the party leader could bring all their friends in for the end reward etc.There was also times where the instance owner would loot and run and the rest of the group would be kicked before they could get their end rewards.It sucked.

Yes, while i never experienced this myself, even before in the early days, i did hear how the system was abused a lot. So while the current one isn't perfect or abuse-proof, it's better than the one before. Still, i won't say no to improvements. :smile:

@Arden.7480 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:This used to be the case (minus the commander powers), but it was apparently abused as party leaders would kick players before the boss was finished etc...It's unlikely to return unless a ton of other underlying systems are improved as well to prevent grieving.

well, in raids and strike missions the commander can't kick during fights, though. And also it's just for organization purposes, I don't want the party commander to have unlimited powers.In dungeons, the kicking happened usually just before the last boss. Then the leader either brought in guildies (that this way ended up skipping most of the tedious parts of the dungeon, but still got most of rewards for it), or put up the dungeon path for sale.In raids, there's no point to that, because there's next to no "intermediary content". You get the rewards for the bosses you kill, not for completing the wing, so skipping first bosses just to kill the last one is pretty much meaningless.Still, originally there was a little bit of griefing sometimes at the very beginning, when you had to actually be alive to pick up the rewards. Some leaders liked to kick dead players before they had a chance to revive, come back and claim the loot. It took a change in how the rewards are obtained to stop that.

Add it optional and make those players that want it very happy while others that do not want it are not affectd at all. :)Don't know how much coding/work that would be though.

There is still a lot of bad stuff that exists in the game though. For example: Fractals at the start need to everyone check "ready" (instead of a majority vote that also could be possible there).

On the other hand (which is weird): Forcing the poor guy that wants to finish the fractal back to the lobby by majority vote is still possible and I do not know if it is griefing or if some players just do not know enough about the game to just leave the party so the other guy could just put the group back in lfg. There should be no majority vote but everyone should have to agree to go back to lobby. But ArenaNet decided to have the decision that is more impactful (player that got forced back to lobby by majority will have to run the whole fractal again) require a majority vote while stuff that is not that important requires everyone (not 3 out of 5 only) to vote "ready".

Minor tweaks here would help a lot.