What Mesmer Elite Spec would you like to see in the next Expansion?

Sodeni.6041

Personally I would love to have a spear-wielding mesmer that does lots of direct damage. And he would lose shatter skills and get new core skills. Until now I don't have a well thought-out final version but that's my core concept. :)

What new elite spec, theme or role would you like to see for the mesmer in Expansion 3? I'd really love to read your suggestions! :D

Something with mainhand dagger, physical or trick utility skills, maybe with a +1~3 clone cap. AND if we really wanna blow mesmer out of the ball park a mechanic where where you switch your weapons from melee to ranged mid combat. Meaning an F5 which switches greatsword from a ranged to melee, or staff from ranged to melee. Would bring a new learning curve and true mastery of the class to play.

@DoomKnightMax.6592 said:Something with mainhand dagger, physical or trick utility skills, maybe with a +1~3 clone cap. AND if we really wanna blow mesmer out of the ball park a mechanic where where you switch your weapons from melee to ranged mid combat. Meaning an F5 which switches greatsword from a ranged to melee, or staff from ranged to melee. Would bring a new learning curve and true mastery of the class to play.

Well to be honest I thought the Mirage would at least have a +1 clone cap since its all about clones. I like the idea of a physical mesmer elite! However, I think that Anet will not make a ranged/melee version for every weapon, sadly!

Looking at the replies made me giggle :P Yeah, for once I would like mesmer to be a part of core gameplay rework, such as other classes that got them with hot and pof. Also time until next xpac is probably really a damn time for new generation of ground breaking mmos to come out. Also I know anet kinda wants in the end give every class to be able to wield any weapon. But I would really like to see something different as someone mentioned, pole/spear wielding class on land, would make for some interesting gameplay :)

@glenndevis.8327 said:Power dps spec with Dagger (preferably dual daggers.) Maybe a phantasm based spec.Mesmer does require some core mechanic updates for things like Clones & Phantasms to be actually good though.

Yeah it does't require a new core mechanic but that's what elite specs are all about. They allow you to play differently. Yet mesmer is the only class that has not got a new core mechanic with 2 expansions (except one new shatter skill).

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Esplen.3940 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:Yet mesmer is the only class that has not got a new core mechanic with 2 expansions (except one new shatter skill).

Revenant says hi.

Because neither heralds facet of nature, nor renegade's citadel orders are a thing, amiright?

I mean if Continuum Split and Mirage Cloak don't count as new core mechanics than Revenants and Thieves elite specs hardly count either...

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Esplen.3940 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:Yet mesmer is the only class that has not got a new core mechanic with 2 expansions (except one new shatter skill).

Revenant says hi.

Because neither heralds facet of nature, nor renegade's citadel orders are a thing, amiright?

I mean if Continuum Split and Mirage Cloak don't count as new core mechanics than Revenants and Thieves elite specs hardly count either...

Well, Deadeye changes how Steal functions.Revenants have Legends as their base mechanic and no elite spec changes that, they just get more F keys.

Going off of Chrono adding a button and Mirage changing a dodge (not a class mechanic), then only Revenant has no changed mechanics as well. (Although Engineer comes pretty close, but Holosmith changes their F5).

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Esplen.3940 said:

Revenant says hi.

Well revenants at least got new f1-f3 skills but yeah. Rev is just not liked by anet it seems

F2-4, F1 is legend swap.

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I would really like to see Minstrel be a new elite spec!

So a music themed mesmer?

This. Not sure I would want it to be called Minstrel because that is a stat combo (although we do have a berserker). Originally, mesmers were heavily tied to the arts and music often being performers and poets.

I could see some kind of phantasm or clone summoning that gives boons instead of attacks. Something that functions a bit like a nature spirit or scourge's new spirit things with an aura that generates condi duration on enemies while buffing condi damage for allies would be cool. Maybe another that stacks vulnerability on enemies and might on allies. It'd be neat to have the shatter function as a "crescendo" which, instead of destroying the phantasm, would cause some kind of cc or knockback to enemies in the area. Or maybe just change the shatters into toggles that offer effects around the phantasm the can be swapped from offense to defense (while on, they cause vulnerability, while off, they stack might).

I'd like to see phatasms as a thing that other enemies and players need to go out of the way to target in order to shut down their benefits. It would also be really cool to think of them sort of like the spirits ritualists could summon in gw1. Maybe the utilities could involve repositioning them or amplifying their effects.

I don't know. These are all sort of vague ideas, but could be neat. The biggest hiccup would be how to get the already existing phantasms to act something to this effect.

@soakman.7539 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Durzlla.6295 said:I would really like to see Minstrel be a new elite spec!

So a music themed mesmer?

This. Not sure I would want it to be called Minstrel because that is a stat combo (although we do have a berserker). Originally, mesmers were heavily tied to the arts and music often being performers and poets.

I could see some kind of phantasm or clone summoning that gives boons instead of attacks. Something that functions a bit like a nature spirit or scourge's new spirit things with an aura that generates condi duration on enemies while buffing condi damage for allies would be cool. Maybe another that stacks vulnerability on enemies and might on allies. It'd be neat to have the shatter function as a "crescendo" which, instead of destroying the phantasm, would cause some kind of cc or knockback to enemies in the area. Or maybe just change the shatters into toggles that offer effects around the phantasm the can be swapped from offense to defense (while on, they cause vulnerability, while off, they stack might).

I'd like to see phatasms as a thing that other enemies and players need to go out of the way to target in order to shut down their benefits. It would also be really cool to think of them sort of like the spirits ritualists could summon in gw1. Maybe the utilities could involve repositioning them or amplifying their effects.

I don't know. These are all sort of vague ideas, but could be neat. The biggest hiccup would be how to get the already existing phantasms to act something to this effect.

I would really like to have this elite spec! Having songs as core mechanics would also be cool I think.

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@OriOri.8724 said:

@Esplen.3940 said:

Revenant says hi.

Except that core mesmer has shatters, and core rev doesn't have anything remotely similar to facet of nature or citadel orders. Both rev elite specs have added a mechanic in that sense, because core rev doesn't have them. Its just that if you have rev, you instantly had access to Herald, so I think some people tend to forget this.

I would like to see a Mesmer perma-pet elite spec where you lose access to Phantoms and those Phantom skills become special pet commands for a permanent ‘Nightmare’ you keep around and get to customize a bit. Sort of a ‘build-a-nightmare’ elite spec where you get to mix and match some custom options to determine its main skills. For example, if you choose to give it claws it gains a bleed attack, if you give it a tail it can knock-down.

Or a different spin on a permanent pet Mesmer... The same concept could also work with a somewhat morally distasteful ‘puppetmaster’ Mechanic where you enthrall specific enemy NPCs, that might work in Cantha where non-humans and low-class humans are seen as inferior and so mind control isn’t as taboo.

Archived