New to Firebrand and need gear / build advise for condition (burn) PvE please! :)

Sodeni.6041

full Viper gear (or Sinister if you can't afford Viper), Balthazar runes, Smoldering/Bursting sigils on Axe/Torch, Force/x on Scepter/Focus.

Zeal 2/3/3, Radiance 2/2/1, Firebrand 1/3/2 or 3. Axe/Torch and Scepter/Focus.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRAnf79msAjVCB8Dhl4BbvleT7pVBgtU9yaD8CeUA-jBiAQBQ7kAMgjAAA1PAj9Hgo6PgU5HAeAA2UJIpAWUZF-e

something like that. i'm not sure if full Viper is the best idea. i don't run full Condition Damage Firebrand.

For open world, I'd take the build they are suggesting but ditch Zeal for Virtues (X21) and take FB 133. Reason for FB 133 is to keep the passive for virtues for Permeating Wrath and because Ashes isn't the greatest in solo content, as well as mobs dying before you can even drop the tome on 5 pages and getting another CC for break bars. Virtues of course gives you Permeating Wrath for even more dumb burns.

@ayimera.7028 said:

@Garimeth.8725 said:i'd take sinister's over viper. You really don't need the expertise.

Kind of a noob about condition. Why don't you need the expertise as a guardian?

You only need to cap burning duration.

Runes of Balthazar + Smoldering Sigil + Radiant Fire trait = 85% burning. You are only missing 15% to cap 100%, you can achieve that with 2 to 3 viper pieces, After the cap you go full condi and power, no more expertise.

@ayimera.7028 said:

@Garimeth.8725 said:i'd take sinister's over viper. You really don't need the expertise.

Kind of a noob about condition. Why don't you need the expertise as a guardian?

As Helios said, you only need to cap burning. Here's the condi build I'd use in PvE:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQRApe3fnsADlChNDBGBDEEhF/Bb/iuRHpWBgKQdKLJUhyQA-jBiAQBAU/A0OJAmVZGXV/BG7PsWlgA4JAASlGAA-e

Get 100% burning duration (the only real condi you're putting out worth its salt). I'd drop the negligible damage numbers that ax is putting out with the first build posted and stick to the utility returns from mace/shield and quickness.

Archived