Fun stories about jumping

Now that we have mounts that do many things that "help" us cross these vast new wastes and we are getting used to switching between them given the scenario. Let's here your most embarrassing story about you forgetting to use the right mount or any mount at all.

For me it was pretty early on after getting my Springer (Jack) and I was going for an elusive MP on a distant ledge. I needed to use my raptor (Philosoraptor) for the jump but forgot to get on after clearing the area and instantly fell on my face. It was a learning experience for me that probably looked like my character was committing suicide for those around who happen to be watching.

When I first got to the Jackal area and borrowed one I didn't know what their special ability was. Well...I blinked right off the edge of the platform. While falling from this great height I kept spamming the blink in the hopes that it would get me somewhere (it didn't). Eventually I fell far enough from the floating platform that my borrowed Jackal vanished and I deployed my glider just in the knick of time to avoid the vast pit of Sulfurous Haze. It was like one of those movies where the airplane is going straight down and the pilot is desperately trying to get the engine restarted before crashing.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:I had one more embarrassing today because I was on the correct mount. I just forgot to tell it to jump! Trying to get to a jackal portal for a vista in Vabbi and instead of jumping across the gap, I just walked right off the edge. Jackals don't last long in water.

Was it like a sandcastle at high tide?

I was on my springer and tried to reach a vista on above me on a narrow walkway.

[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.(Try again)[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.(Try again)[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.(Try again)[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.

OhHell'sBells. Nvm. I'll just dismount and go up the steps. >.<

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I was on my springer and tried to reach a vista on above me on a narrow walkway.

[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.(Try again)[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.(Try again)[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.(Try again)[Jump]. Leap clear over to the other side.

Yes, once you have a mount you forget that you can turn them off. I am sure I am not the only person that has gone up something on a glider and only realized it after the fact.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I was on my springer and tried to reach a vista on above me on a narrow walkway.

Yes, once you have a mount you forget that you can turn them off. I am sure I am not the only person that has gone up something on a glider and only realized it after the fact.

Today I used my Skipper to get a vista. As I landed on the edge of the cliff I got the prompt to view the vista, but I was sure my big bunny were on the way right over the edge when I activated said vista. So when the vista viewing was done my character was lying dead at the bottom. I can only imagine what that would look like to a bystander :D

@Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489 said:Today I used my Skipper to get a vista. As I landed on the edge of the cliff I got the prompt to view the vista, but I was sure my big bunny were on the way right over the edge when I activated said vista. So when the vista viewing was done my character was lying dead at the bottom. I can only imagine what that would look like to a bystander :D

Similar experience with that vista up on a cliff near where you get the Springer. I activated the vista while mounted, but the animation of dismounting threw me off the cliff. In the vista cinematic I watched myself fall to my death.

@Ildrid Ildhjertet.2489 said:Today I used my Skipper to get a vista. As I landed on the edge of the cliff I got the prompt to view the vista, but I was sure my big bunny were on the way right over the edge when I activated said vista. So when the vista viewing was done my character was lying dead at the bottom. I can only imagine what that would look like to a bystander :D

Yup. I did this the other day. I hopped my way up to a very precarious location for the vista. I pressed F to view the Vista, and as I'm watching the vista cut scene, I can see my character's body falling down, down, down. Once the cut scene was over, I was dead on the ground. Watching my body just fall down like Wile E. Coyote was the funniest thing I'd seen all day.

The other day in the Riverlands, I was trying to get some altitude to scour the land. Unfortunately I underestimated the Skipper's power, as well overestimated the ledge's size. As the Skipper soured over the ledge, I was greeted by power bolts and arrows coming at me. In the sun they looked like a rain of divine wrath. Next thing I know my Skipper gives me a long, last look as he disappears, and I don't even have time to blink as I hit the ground at the feet of several grinning branded, ready to mangle my corpse.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:When I first got to the Jackal area and borrowed one I didn't know what their special ability was. Well...I blinked right off the edge of the platform. While falling from this great height I kept spamming the blink in the hopes that it would get me somewhere (it didn't). Eventually I fell far enough from the floating platform that my borrowed Jackal vanished and I deployed my glider just in the knick of time to avoid the vast pit of Sulfurous Haze. It was like one of those movies where the airplane is going straight down and the pilot is desperately trying to get the engine restarted before crashing.

I knew full well how it works and still fell down 3 or 4 times :D

@Vladish.3940 said:Oh the amount of times on my Skipper I over-jumped the tiny ledge that I need to land on is countless now. Or the amount of times I dismounted just to be thrown off the point by the animation right to my death.... /cries

YES!!!I have used raptor to capture an elusive MP on a plateau -- dismounted too close to the edge -- and fell off!!!

Archived