GW2 Season 4 is over???

@DreamyAbaddon.3265 said:After Watching this recent video @ 3:35

Mike says "You can expect more great things from us as we move directly from season 4 into season 5"Does this mean Season 4 is over after 3 episodes? Am I understanding this correctly? I was expecting at least 6 episodes for Season 4. This is a bit concerning. ?

Watch the rest of the video. It’s pretty clear that season 4 isn’t over.

@"Gehenna.3625" said:Admittedly since they announced that they will go from season 4 to 5 rather than a new expansions, my guess is that the next episode will be the last in season 4. Cause why else announce it already?

What I heard was "second half" of season 4, which to me means that we've had 3 episodes, we can expect 3 more... just guessing, but I don't think they can wrap the current story up in 1 or 2 more episodes. We have a lot of dragons to deal with. Aurene is sick from ingesting Joko, and Kralk is still wandering around turning everyone into jewelry. We don't know what either of them are going to do at this point. Personally, I think we're going to have to see to it that Aurene is ok first before we go on to face Kralk. In any case, if they only give us one more episode, it will seem rushed and incomplete with so much to wrap up.

@Ashabhi.1365 said:

@"Gehenna.3625" said:Admittedly since they announced that they will go from season 4 to 5 rather than a new expansions, my guess is that the next episode will be the last in season 4. Cause why else announce it already?

What I heard was "second half" of season 4, which to me means that we've had 3 episodes, we can expect 3 more... just guessing, but I don't think they can wrap the current story up in 1 or 2 more episodes. We have a lot of dragons to deal with. Aurene is sick from ingesting Joko, and Kralk is still wandering around turning everyone into jewelry. We don't know what either of them are going to do at this point. Personally, I think we're going to have to see to it that Aurene is ok first before we go on to face Kralk. In any case, if they only give us one more episode, it will seem rushed and incomplete with so much to wrap up.

Who says that they need to wrap up the dragon stories with season 4?

@Gehenna.3625 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:Admittedly since they announced that they will go from season 4 to 5 rather than a new expansions, my guess is that the next episode will be the last in season 4. Cause why else announce it already?

Yep, I predict that from here to the end of LS4 will be wrapping up the Joko storyline and LS 5 will be focused on Kralkatorrik.

I'd guess another 2-3 episodes in LS4 (ending in the Sunspears defeating the Mordent Crescent, freeing the Awakened and then home in time for tea and medals, hurrah!) If they "wrap up" Kralkatorrik in 2 or 3 episodes I'd be very disappointed.

@Pifil.5193 said:

@Gehenna.3625 said:Admittedly since they announced that they will go from season 4 to 5 rather than a new expansions, my guess is that the next episode will be the last in season 4. Cause why else announce it already?

Yep, I predict that from here to the end of LS4 will be wrapping up the Joko storyline and LS 5 will be focused on Kralkatorrik.

I'd guess another 2-3 episodes in LS4 (ending in the Sunspears defeating the Mordent Crescent, freeing the Awakened and then home in time for tea and medals, hurrah!) If they "wrap up" Kralkatorrik in 2 or 3 episodes I'd be very disappointed.

I think that 1 episode is enough to wrap up the Joko thing really. And then another 4 episodes to deal with Kralkatorrik. In the end they have already introduced Kralkatorrik and we've seen some things about him. And there is the thing that we're not supposed to be killing dragons anymore since it creates more problems than it solves. So I suspect that there will be a grand finale where we either face off with Kralkatorrik or someone who's trying to control him and then in the end we decide to shake hands and agree to live and let live for the greater good.

I suppose I won't be sad to leave the dragon story line behind with the next expansion. I mean, it would be cool to have the story go a completely different way, because right now it's like...oh, another dragon. And look... another dragon. Guess what? Yep, more dragons. I'm ready for something different.

@Gehenna.3625 said:

I think that 1 episode is enough to wrap up the Joko thing really. And then another 4 episodes to deal with Kralkatorrik. In the end they have already introduced Kralkatorrik and we've seen some things about him. And there is the thing that we're not supposed to be killing dragons anymore since it creates more problems than it solves. So I suspect that there will be a grand finale where we either face off with Kralkatorrik or someone who's trying to control him and then in the end we decide to shake hands and agree to live and let live for the greater good.

I suppose I won't be sad to leave the dragon story line behind with the next expansion. I mean, it would be cool to have the story go a completely different way, because right now it's like...oh, another dragon. And look... another dragon. Guess what? Yep, more dragons. I'm ready for something different.

I mean pof was about a rogue god. It had dragons in it, but the focus was killing Balthazar, and no on trying to kill Kralkatorik at least thats how i felt. though i agree in a way id like to end the dragons with Kralkatorik for either one or two LW seasons and do something else before doing another dragon.

@"Pifil.5193" said:Yep, I predict that from here to the end of LS4 will be wrapping up the Joko storyline and LS 5 will be focused on Kralkatorrik.

I kinda agree and feel like I should add my own speculation and I know multiple people have had this theory.I'll add a spoiler warning, so read with caution. Also it's a bit of a long read.

! LS4 will be indeed wrapping up the story around Joko. However, if you are a core vanilla PVE player and have done the collection with the lost pages in Desolation, and listened to the order of shadows dialog very closely. You will know that they will be very upset about the commander killing Joko like this. They said they were ready to go kill joko, once they had an alternative for him. The order of shadows predicts that when Joko falls, Vabbi, Istan, and all the lands he ruled will be in complete shutdown and panic if their leader is really dead, they said it would mean political chaos in Elona. There are theories going around that the Order of Shadows was in fact, preparing to take over Joko's lead and make their own kingdom that way. The lost lore in Desolation is about an Order of Whispers mission dispatch, from a Lightbringer. Meaning that this is a member of the order of whispers, infiltrating in their own sister order. To the order of whispers, Joko is more dangerous than Kralkatorrik is. The dispatch mentions that they had plans to deal with Joko, and that several members, leaving the shadows and calling themselves whispers again, disagreed with shadows' plans. It turns out that the information this lightbringer found out, is too dangerous to bring to the surface so eventually shadows members follow the lightbringer home and choke them to death. I feel like the last 3 episodes of this season will deal with the Order of Shadows. As I personally feel like they are not on our side and never were. I think they exploited the commander for information and influence. Kito especially is a bit of a dodgy character that I feel like many people are overlooking. As you know from the story in PoF. Kito thought the commander to be dead, and was very surprised to see them return. Kito promised to lend his assistance in exchange of the supernatural story from the commander, Kito was sceptical about using Joko's army against Balthazar but eventually gave his blessing for it. He saw the fact that the commander could disguise as Iberu as a good thing and lured the ACTUAL Iberu out himself, but then was nowhere to be seen during the actual battle against Balthazar. Where did he go during that time?? At the start of LS4, Kito arranges a safespot for the commander to have as meetingplace. Because now Joko's army knows it was the commander leading them into battle instead of being under ACTUAL command of Joko. But how did they find out? How did Joko even return from the dead? I personally feel like Kito is a snitch and told Joko all about the plan and acts as a spy for him. Who else could have told Joko what the commander did? But while Kito is also a spy for us. he is likely a double spy for maybe his own gains. After the commander got willingly captured in the Great hall in Istan, Kito promised us to be outside the Great hall with reinforcements if necessary. Once you get out of the Great Hall. Kito is nowhere to be seen. Furthermore it's very interesting that Kito, means gem/precious stone in Swahili and it is confirmed that this ties in to his unknown backstory. I think the remaining 3 episodes will tell us much more about Kito, the history behind the shadows, and perhaps the plans they had for the situation in Elona. And also perhaps they might entirely turn on us, now that Joko is dead.

Joko is dead we don't need more episodes about him. Next 3 episodes of Season 4 will be about dealing with Kralkatorik and then we'll finish (with whatever way we find) that dragon to move on to other plots. There isn't enough room in Elona for another expansion, and there isn't enough room for a complete 6-episode season, plus the desert after so long gets boring. First half of Season 4 we deal with Joko, second half of Season 4 we deal with Kralktoritk. In Season 5 we go far away of Elona and introduce the new threat that will lead us into expansion 3.

@Dante.1763 said:

I mean pof was about a rogue god. It had dragons in it, but the focus was killing Balthazar, and no on trying to kill Kralkatorik at least thats how i felt. though i agree in a way id like to end the dragons with Kralkatorik for either one or two LW seasons and do something else before doing another dragon.

You're not taking it far enough. It wasn't about just killing Balthazar. It was about stopping Balthazar from killing Kralkatorik. Part of the plot of PoF is that it's dangerous to the world if another elder dragon dies, so the plot is really about saving an elder dragon as much as killing Balthazar.

@Vayne.8563 said:You're not taking it far enough. It wasn't about just killing Balthazar. It was about stopping Balthazar from killing Kralkatorik. Part of the plot of PoF is that it's dangerous to the world if another elder dragon dies, so the plot is really about saving an elder dragon as much as killing Balthazar.

Three episodes still way too fast to dispense with the most powered-up Elder Dragon seen yet. It would be massively cheap to pull another Deus et Machina like Flashpoint, the Pact is still recovering, and the Elonian forces we pulled together were barely adequate to defeat a lich after skipping past most of his army. I'm hoping that K does something more interesting than the other dragons, at any rate.

I think speculation that the Order of Shadows or Kito specifically is the enemy makes the most sense -- that, or there's just the general problem of political chaos and factional conflict, dealing with the place of the Awakened in society after Joko (could lead to a Koss vesus Kossan conflict?), and so on. It's still part of the same narrative arc as the rest of the season. Kraalkatorik is more of a rising threat in the background.

@perilisk.1874 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:You're not taking it far enough. It wasn't about just killing Balthazar. It was about stopping Balthazar from killing Kralkatorik. Part of the plot of PoF is that it's dangerous to the world if another elder dragon dies, so the plot is really about saving an elder dragon as much as killing Balthazar.

Three episodes still way too fast to dispense with the most powered-up Elder Dragon seen yet. It would be massively cheap to pull another Deus et Machina like Flashpoint, the Pact is still recovering, and the Elonian forces we pulled together were barely adequate to defeat a lich after skipping past most of his army. I'm hoping that K does something more interesting than the other dragons, at any rate.

I think speculation that the Order of Shadows or Kito specifically is the enemy makes the most sense -- that, or there's just the general problem of political chaos and factional conflict, dealing with the place of the Awakened in society after Joko (could lead to a Koss vesus Kossan conflict?), and so on. It's still part of the same narrative arc as the rest of the season. Kraalkatorik is more of a rising threat in the background.

Who said anything about 3 episodes to take care of a dragon. I'm saying that we can't afford to kill the dragon. Therefore, the 3 episodes left in this season (assuming there are three left) might be about something else entirely. I think there's still more stuff to do with this current situation and the next season deals with the dragon.

@Vayne.8563 said:

Who said anything about 3 episodes to take care of a dragon. I'm saying that we can't afford to kill the dragon. Therefore, the 3 episodes left in this season (assuming there are three left) might be about something else entirely. I think there's still more stuff to do with this current situation and the next season deals with the dragon.

I agree with Vayne. I have come to believe that three more episodes to "wrap up" Kralk are too few. I think it could go another way entirely. People are blowing off Aurene being ill, but I think she'll play more in the next few episodes than we have seen in the past. Or not. The truth of the matter is that we don't have a clue what ANet was planning. For all we know, Aurene will vomit and toss up Joko, (he's "immortal," remember) who now has a fairly understandable hatred of dragons in general, and we'll have to keep HIM from killing Kralk and Aurene both for the next three episodes.

In any case, I would rather they keep Kralk for Season 5, because I don't want them to rush it. I want them to take their time, and blow us away with the story.

@"DreamyAbaddon.3265" said:Mike says "You can expect more great things from us as we move directly from season 4 into season 5"Does this mean Season 4 is over after 3 episodes? Am I understanding this correctly?No.

I was expecting at least 6 episodes for Season 4.Why? When did ANet said there would be a particular number of episodes? As a practical matter, what's the difference is there's 8 episodes of S4 or four each of S4 + S5?

This is a bit concerning. ?Only if you don't trust ANet to deliver the same amount of excitement for you in the next year as they did in the previous year. There's no guarantee that they will, but neither was there two weeks ago, when we hadn't seen this video.

tl;dr nothing to see here... yet. When ANet starts to provide details, then we can worry (or not, depending).

Archived