how to react to wrong minimap signals and consequences and resulting toxic chat

Crystal Paladin.3871

I'm not that much of a good player but can 1v1 on points and can hold against 1v1 and win... and i have minimap awareness and where to provide support and where not to and when to rezz and when not to... and always keep a close eye on my team health and know when to bail a fight and when to push...

Had a few matches(atleast 5) where someone would die on a point and keep giving minimap signals prompting others to go there.... this usually happens when points were like 480 - 475 10pt diff between teams and near the end of match... since they're dead, we can't figure out how many enemies are camping that particular point....

sometimes ppl would assume that a point is unoccupied and give signals and prompt us to go there... that would lead to all kinds of confusion...

though we would win most of the times in those kind of situations... but

I get it the match was fun while playing against evenly matched opponents and it still is... knowing that matchmaking was fair... but ... for those in the receiving end and when we lose those matches, ppl would easily throw toxic words on chat and never think about it twice before typing it... I myself became a victim of those toxic encounters once....

Basically nothing you can do but ask the player to stop pinging. Never really works though.

Yesterday I had a game where someone kept recklessly pinging Svanir on Forest when it spawned. This is how the situation played out:Me: - please stop pinging beasts, it's pointlessTeammate: - s t f uKeeps pinging beast, actually went for it, enemy thief stole it, teammate died too.

Ping spamming is really annoying.Had a few encounters which I could have easily won if not the constant pinging on the map which was timed just in time I could not hear a crucial enemy skill which I should have reacted to.The only thing I would say this to be fixed is limiting pinging on map as you can limit skill / equipment linking in the /say chat right now because turning it off or turning only the sound off can make you loose crucial information which could help you win a game.

Just chiming in to commiserate. Ping spamming is super annoying, and it always seems to happen on Forest. Maybe I'm just out of the loop since I'm coming back after long hiaitus (haven't played since HoT dropped and jumped back in the middle of last season), but back then the strategy was basically to ignore the beasts unless you are holding 2 points or can solo one in five seconds before the other team shows up. Now consistently I see players getting salty in chat if the entire team doesn't drop everything and rush the beasts, regardless of the score. Suddenly the whole map is flashing and arrows are going every which way. I've kept my mouth shut because I have the (bad) habit of thinking that if people are giving orders they are probably better than me, but of course whenever this happens we always lose.

Archived