Jump to content
  • Sign Up

[Suggestion] Empty Tomes of Knowledge


Recommended Posts

A guild mate and I were discussing what a great addition to the game it would be if you could buy 'Empty Tomes of Knowledge' in-game for around 8-gold each (Instant Level 80 Ticket costs 2,000 gems which is equivalent to 650 Gold currently, just divided out) .. or you could buy them from store for roughly 25 Gems each .. and equip them on Level 80 toons only.

Rather than your usual Experience bar or Mastery bar, you'd be filling up this Empty Tome to a preset amount of experience (we thought 1,000,000). Once filled, as per usual, you could use the now 'Tome of Knowledge' on lower level toons or to help with Guild Hall upgrades.

Thoughts?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I thought you were going to suggest a way to stack more than 250 of them. Along with those whatever they are calleds that you trade 20 of for a tome. Which just clog my inventory to be honest and I keep meaning to delete.

Or a way to use them all to 80.Lord I hate clicking. each. One. 79. Times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Blocki.4931 said:Many people already have thousands of them to spare though. I don't think there needs to be another way to get them

Then perhaps make them an item that can be sold on the TP?

@"Etria.3642" said:Or a way to use them all to 80.Lord I hate clicking. each. One. 79. Times.

Agreed. Quite a few things in-game that could use that same "Use/Consume All" feature. I know it's a pipe dream, but a "Sell All Instantly" for cleaning out unwanted mats in ones inventory would be ideal instead of hitting that exceeded limit and having to wait. However, now that I'm scribing for our GH, I pretty much hoard all my mats - so I don't have that problem anymore. XD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Etria.3642 said:Along with those whatever they are calleds that you trade 20 of for a tome. Which just clog my inventory to be honest and I keep meaning to delete.The Writs of Experience? Considering they exist, why would you need empty Tomes? Or just use as many of the books you need.

I don't even need to use 78 of those things to get a toon up to 80. I still have a bunch of the birthday promotion items lying around that I'm doing nothing with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A simpler way to do this would be to allow us to buy tomes of knowledge with spirit shards. When a level 80 character (with no masteries available to train) gets a levels worth of XP it awards 1 spirit shard. Tomes can also be double-clicked to gain 1 spirit shard, so we've got one half of the conversion, just no way to swap them back.

That would have the added benefit that we could convert all our tomes into spirit shards to store in the wallet and then convert them back as needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Danikat.8537 said:A simpler way to do this would be to allow us to buy tomes of knowledge with spirit shards. When a level 80 character (with no masteries available to train) gets a levels worth of XP it awards 1 spirit shard. Tomes can also be double-clicked to gain 1 spirit shard, so we've got one half of the conversion, just no way to swap them back.

That would have the added benefit that we could convert all our tomes into spirit shards to store in the wallet and then convert them back as needed.

This!!!! I have almost 8k in shards and have no desire for more legendaries......but key farmers r endless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Etria.3642 said:Along with those whatever they are calleds that you trade 20 of for a tome. Which just clog my inventory to be honest and I keep meaning to delete.The Writs of Experience? Considering they exist, why would you need empty Tomes? Or just use as many of the books you need.

I don't even need to use 78 of those things to get a toon up to 80. I still have a bunch of the birthday promotion items lying around that I'm doing nothing with.

I do not need nor want an empty tome, the OP does. I used my birthday boosts to key farm.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...