Lesser Spectral Armor

DragonFury.6243

I think the trait's current trigger point is a little lacking tbh.It triggers at below 50% health but this usually fails to utilize effectively the stun break that comes with the lesser spectral armor.

Will be nice if it triggered when stunned because usually a burst follows a stun and it allows the necro to retaliate immediately in shroud without taking FiTG.I love taking FiTG for counter-bursting opponents in shroud and having lesser spectral armor replace that role will be awesome.

Opponent stuns me and preps his burst. I take FiTG and enter shroud to tank his burst while breaking stun and counter-bursting while he is open.If lesser spectral armor triggers on stun now, I don't have to take FiTG and can instead take Death Perception without feeling the lost of a FiTG!

Rangers who knock you back with LB from range can also be better countered without FiTG with a lesser spectral armor trigger point on knockback, enter shroud, dash 2 and viola!

Deadeyes who stun you before a death judgement can also be countered the same way without FiTG!

@Lahmia.2193 said:Last Gasp is fine as it is. Our anti-cc trait (Reaper's Protection) is what needs to be looked at. But then it is in Death Magic and that whole line needs a rework, aside from a few select traits.

Reaper's Protection is pretty underwhelming, especially with the number of condi clears and cc breaks that happen all the time in WvW. I honestly wouldn't know where to begin with this (more targets affected? wider range? shorter cooldown?) but like you said the Death Magic tree needs some love.

@Lumin Arius.6952 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Last Gasp is fine as it is. Our anti-cc trait (Reaper's Protection) is what needs to be looked at. But then it is in Death Magic and that whole line needs a rework, aside from a few select traits.

Reaper's Protection is pretty underwhelming, especially with the number of condi clears and cc breaks that happen all the time in WvW. I honestly wouldn't know where to begin with this (more targets affected? wider range? shorter cooldown?) but like you said the Death Magic tree needs some love.

As a stop gap, I'd add a 4s protection to it. That way, at least it would grant some use against ranged attackers that cc you.

I say leave it as is because most people run spectral armor anyways they can use it early when cc'ed and gain another at 50% not to mention there has been to many times where i was stunned for 2-3 seconds at 60% and the passive activating at 50% saved my butt.

If it activated on first cc it would be pone to double activations by mistake if you ran the utility spectral armor

Archived