Chef Recipe Origins?

Lizdeath.5143

Wondering about the origins of the recipes in game, what inspired them, where they came from.

I made the Tropical Dressing today, not expecting it to be to my taste, and was very pleasantly surprised! So I've been wondering, where did it come from?

I'm thinking they're all employee contributed based on real life recipes, but would like to hear from devs.

Any cool stories?

I think most, if not all, of them are real life recipes (even some of the ones which use fictional ingredients have real equivalents). But they're taken from all around the world and some have had the names and some ingredients changed.

For example Strawberries and Biscuits is an English cream tea (missing the tea) - a scone with jam and cream. Scones are pretty much the same as American biscuits, except they're normally sweet and have dried fruit in them, and eaten as a snack or dessert. (And I'm not going to get into the difference between UK biscuits and cookies because that's a very long, confusing discussion.) And I'm pretty sure Red Lentil Saobosa is just a slight change to the spelling of samosa. (Although normally samosas contain more than 1 ingredient.)

I was surprised when I was levelling cooking at the cooking level required for some of the recipes. I assume they started from what they'd do and what the stats would be and then used that to determine what cooking level you'd need, but it made for some very odd choices. For example Bowl of Curry Butternut Squash Soup being a level 400 recipe. I've made almost exactly that soup in real life and it's really easy. Cutting up the squash is annoying and I guess you could over do the spices (if you don't use pre-made spice paste), but there's no way it's one of the hardest things you can make. It's no harder than tomato soup, and that's a level 100 recipe.

Then again I know people who can make a full English breakfast which has around 8 different components, all with different cooking times, who will still insist they can't really cook and they're incapable of making anything else which is more complicated than combining the contents of 2 packets.

Archived