Sick of tired of Deadeye Immob from stealth into 1 shot

Jalal.6783

I was playing my engi. Jumped into a big group fight, threw down healing turrets, medpacks, buffs, an AOE blind off my flame thrower with a flame field, then switched to shield and hit 4 (magnetic shield) to reflect some damage. At random, a Deadeye targeted me at that exact moment and one shot himself, not only to down, but almost to instant death because the shots traveled to me then bounced back. Totally by accident, it was blind luck, and I laughed my ass off while healing everyone.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"Tiah.3091" said:I ran like half an hour around the mists, learning the rotation (which is mind-numbingly easy, btw).Then I went into an Unranked and played like 15 games in a row. Lost about 3 or 4 of them, but that's not my point.
  1. "The rotation".
  2. "Went into Unranked".

LOL that made me laugh too. Things as easy as rotations are saved for Holosmith and Spellbreaker. xD

Mind you Death Judgement has no initiative cost. There is literally no counter play to Dead eye if they are running instant Reflexes. Resilience of Shadows reduces damage by 33% if they're stealth AND matched with Cloaked in Shadow they can't be critically hit. So yea. Anet Balancing team is Superb.

@Turk.5460 said:

@"Tiah.3091" said:I ran like half an hour around the mists, learning the rotation (which is mind-numbingly easy, btw).Then I went into an Unranked and played like 15 games in a row. Lost about 3 or 4 of them, but that's not my point.
  1. "The rotation".
  2. "Went into Unranked".

LOL that made me laugh too. Things as easy as rotations are saved for Holosmith and Spellbreaker. xD

?

Because dodge for stealth -> Death's Judgement -> repeat is a sick 200 IQ play?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

• No deadeye can land you 17k DJ openers.

How about 16k on a Medium class? I saw your comment and quickly jumped in game to shoot at someoneEdit: Made that 17k Opener, didn't have the recorder on though :cry:

Rifle/Rifle Energy both weapon sets with CS/SA/DE, Berserker and Wurm runes.

you realize that is without trickery ? he said you got to play with trickery in spvp for reasons.

@MUDse.7623 said:

How about 16k on a Medium class? I saw your comment and quickly jumped in game to shoot at someoneEdit: Made that 17k Opener, didn't have the recorder on though :cry:

you realize that is without trickery ? he said you got to play with trickery in spvp for reasons.

Call me clueless then :lol:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

1. "The rotation".
  2. "Went into Unranked".

?

Because dodge for stealth -> Death's Judgement -> repeat is a sick 200 IQ play?

In your example: because that would be dodge for stealth -> death's judgment -> forced reveal -> so long, another zerker toon.I'm not sure there are real "rotations" in PvP except maybe for engineer and elementalist (due to the number of their skills). It's usually smarter to react to the situation.

@Tact.8063 said:as a dead eye player let me sayYOU DO NOT DEFENED FROM DEADYEYE YOU KILL HIM ONLY

PVP Is literally not worth playing with classes like this in the game.The only defense against this class is this class. It's FUCKING BROKEN.Deadeye needs to be NERFED TO THE GROUND.How the fuck are you suppose to defend against a class that can kill you from twice the range of your distance closers and if you are lucky enough to get to them while you are still alive, they can just dodge roll, turn invisible and sneak back off to a new sniping point and finish you off.

IT'S BROKEN AND IT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED.

@DotDotWin.4357 said:How the kitten are you suppose to defend against a class that can kill you from twice the range of your distance closers and if you are lucky enough to get to them while you are still alive, they can just dodge roll, turn invisible and sneak back off to a new sniping point and finish you off.

Projectile destruction (reflection), blocking, invulnerability, dodge, ranged counterpressure (including control and area effects), line of sight breaking.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"dDuff.3860" said:

How about 16k on a Medium class? I saw your comment and quickly jumped in game to shoot at someone

Edit: Made that 17k Opener, didn't have the recorder on though :cry:
gM0hczD.jpg?1

Mate, do you realise that:— it is berserker amulet which is a no-go for any competetive environment for thief— you specced with assassin's signet which I made special refer to— And even on naked target your burst wasn't 17k (16500 lol).

With the same success you could've specced for CS, TR, DA with D/D and burst via C'n'D+steal->backstab (it'd give you even more damage), The point is, you have burst mesmer, killshot war, WI from soulbeast even staff thief can land same vaults and other weird things which has same burst on the same cooldown (~25 sec).

This is exact reason i started my post with, in actual pvp environment you do spec for these only for fun, because, guess what happens if you missed your burst? ye, you're rallybot for 25 seconds. And you specced without trickery, so guess, what happens if your target has protection? Your damage cut to 66%

Too many conditions to miss your oneshot potential and very doubtful benefits due to res skills. Even on paper with digits comparison it doesn't look good.

Cheers!

@dDuff.3860 said:

How about 16k on a Medium class? I saw your comment and quickly jumped in game to shoot at someone

gM0hczD.jpg?1

Mate, do you realise that:— it is berserker amulet which is a no-go for any competetive environment for thiefI guess ranked isn't competitive— you specced with assassin's signet which I made special refer to— And even then your burst wasn't 17k (16500 lol).oh no 500 damage short and let us completely ignore the pic while we make these comments and completely forget this happened to a medium armored class

With the same success you could've specced for CS, TR, DA with D/D and burst via C'n'D+steal->backstab (it'd give you even more damage), The point is, you have burst mesmer, killshot war, WI from soulbeast and other weird things which has same burst on the same cooldown (~25 sec).But then I wouldn't have a Rifle with 1500 range and dodge to stealth with extremely large damage numbers every time I said "peekaboo".

This is exact reason i started my post with, in actual pvp environment you do spec for these only for fun, because, guess what happens if you missed your burst? ye, you're rallybot for 25 seconds.

it is fun and no, you are not a rally bot, you just dodge and press auto attack for Deaths Judgement or spam Three Round Burst.. Not specced for Signet either..

You make a lot of assumptions

@sephiroth.4217 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

Mate, do you realise that:— it is berserker amulet which is a no-go for any competetive environment for thiefI guess ranked isn't competitive— you specced with assassin's signet which I made special refer to— And even then your burst wasn't 17k (16500 lol).oh no 500 damage short and let us completely ignore the pic while we make these comments and completely forget this happened to a medium armored class

With the same success you could've specced for CS, TR, DA with D/D and burst via C'n'D+steal->backstab (it'd give you even more damage), The point is, you have burst mesmer, killshot war, WI from soulbeast and other weird things which has same burst on the same cooldown (~25 sec).But then I wouldn't have a Rifle with 1500 range and dodge to stealth with extremely large damage numbers every time I said "peekaboo".

This is exact reason i started my post with, in actual pvp environment you do spec for these only for fun, because, guess what happens if you missed your burst? ye, you're rallybot for 25 seconds.

it is fun and no, you are not a rally bot, you just dodge and press auto attack for Deaths Judgement or spam Three Round Burst.. Not specced for Signet either..

I suggest you not to spread false here.Your damage is boosted by damage modifiers (BQoBK, Assa signet, Mark). So you can't continue doing same numbers over and over again (as i said 25 sec cd burst is kitten)And yes, with berserker amulet you're rally bot to anything. Without trickery you don't have vigor to chain-spam your invisibilty, without agility signet you don't have emergency dodge, without mercy you don't have second attempt to burst. Missed burst — GG you're done.

P.S. you may play whatever you want in whatever way, but in fact topic is "Sick of tired of Deadeye Immob from stealth into 1 shot", my point is a lot of other builds in-game do the same and even harder damage, while bring other stuff to the match. So i think this damage is balanced (compared to others).

@dDuff.3860 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

I suggest you not to spread false here.Your damage is boosted by damage modifiers (BQoBK, Assa signet, Mark). So you can't continue doing same numbers over and over again (as i said 25 sec cd burst is kitten)And yes, with berserker amulet you're rally bot to anything. Without trickery you don't have vigor to chain-spam your invisibilty, without agility signet you don't have emergency dodge, without mercy you don't have second attempt to burst. Missed burst — GG you're done.

P.S. you may play whatever you want in whatever way, but in fact topic is "Sick of tired of Deadeye Immob from stealth into 1 shot", my point is a lot of other builds in-game do the same and even harder damage, while bring other stuff to the match. So i think this damage is balanced (compared to others).

The cooldown on the burst doesn't justify the damage of the zero-tell cc/opening. If Binding Shadows had a tell from stealth much like DJ, then this would be less of a problem, though TRB could use a shave in both sPvP and WvW tbh.

@Turk.5460 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

The cooldown on the burst doesn't justify the damage of the zero-tell cc/opening. If Binding Shadows had a tell from stealth much like DJ, then this would be less of a problem, though TRB could use a shave in both sPvP and WvW tbh.

I'd suggest 1 might stack shaved and ini cost raised by 1 for both TRB and DT

@dDuff.3860 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

I suggest you not to spread false here.Your damage is boosted by damage modifiers (BQoBK, Assa signet, Mark). So you can't continue doing same numbers over and over again (as i said 25 sec cd burst is kitten)

You can't make the argument that DE damage is only so high due to damage modifiers when it's very very easy to incorporate those damage modifiers into a build without sacrificing something else crucial.

Balance has to be made with damage modifiers in consideration. It should primarily be made on base damage/what players are most likely to run but the extremes must always be considered as well.

@Sazukikrah.5036 said:Mind you Death Judgement has no initiative cost. There is literally no counter play to Dead eye if they are running instant Reflexes. Resilience of Shadows reduces damage by 33% if they're stealth AND matched with Cloaked in Shadow they can't be critically hit. So yea. Anet Balancing team is Superb.

What you're describing is only possible if you trait Acro/SA/DE... you realise the bulk of the burst damage comes form Trickery and DA modifiers right?Mug, Revealed Training, Exposed Weakness, Executioner, Leading Strikes, easy Fury from Thrill of Crime... you lose all that for 2 conflicting defensive traitlines. I'd love to see my enemies run this build. I'd just stomp on their face when they come out of stealth with a 4-5K burst (because thats what DE does without all the modifiers I just listed above), they reset and go back to stealth... and the capture point is ticking for me.

This thread is a joke.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@DotDotWin.4357 said:How the kitten are you suppose to defend against a class that can kill you from twice the range of your distance closers and if you are lucky enough to get to them while you are still alive, they can just dodge roll, turn invisible and sneak back off to a new sniping point and finish you off.

Projectile destruction (reflection), blocking, invulnerability, dodge, ranged counterpressure (including control and area effects), line of sight breaking.

• Projectile destruction: doesn't work - DJ unblockable
  • Block: doesn't work - DJ unblockable
  • Invuln: works but on long cooldown, DJ on basically no cooldown
  • Dodge: doesn't work - quickness DJ hits faster than human reaction time + latency
  • Ranged pressure: doesn't work, thief in stealth at unknown position
  • LoS - doesn't work, thief in stealth at unknown position

@coro.3176 said:

• Dodge: doesn't work - quickness DJ hits faster than human reaction time + latency

A single death's judgement without malice that wasn't blocked isn't likely to kill you if you're not zerker.Dodge works perfectly well, just dodge preemptively. Yes, it is possible.Ranged pressure works extremely well, you just pressure the deadeye before they stealth. Or cover with AoEs. Yes, it is possible.LoS - works if you learn general strategy. Yes, it is possible.

@Airdive.2613 said:

A single death's judgement without malice that wasn't blocked isn't likely to kill you if you're not zerker.Dodge works perfectly well, just dodge preemptively. Yes, it is possible.Ranged pressure works extremely well, you just pressure the deadeye
before
they stealth. Or cover with AoEs. Yes, it is possible.LoS - works if you learn general strategy. Yes, it is possible.

I don't think pre-emptively dodging something you can't see should be considered good gameplay. It's a gamble and a waste of a valuable resource. I've certainly done it, but I feel like I just got lucky. I'd rather be able to see and react to an animation.

Ranged pressure and LoS are not always possible depending on the map. Eg. mid point on Coliseum or Foefire. I mean, sure it's nice if you know their general area or are able to start a channel before they stealth, but in many cases you don't get that opportunity, or it's not enough to down them and they'll just one shot you from a spot you don't expect in ~5s.

@dDuff.3860 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

I'm not spreading anything false.. You made claims that it can't be done and I showed a video otherwise then you back pedal into all this garbage talk...

Then you run off your own assumptions that it must be this or it must be that and if it's this or that then yadda yadda because of hooha rally bot can't do anything garbage talk and more assumptions.... I could post videos all day long to your false claims and assumptions proving you wrong time and time again... Users like yourself is why I'm having fun in game lately, browse the forums for comments like yours then make a video based off said comment or thread.

So now because of your drool about not being able to chain spam invisibility and being useless after missing a burst, I made a video of me camping far winning 1v2 and more and chain spamming stealth to a point where no one could see me... Give me a few hours to upload it...

@sephiroth.4217 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

I'm not spreading anything false.. You made claims that it can't be done and I showed a video otherwise then you back pedal into all this garbage talk...

Then you run off your own assumptions that it must be this or it must be that and if it's this or that then yadda yadda because of hooha rally bot can't do anything garbage talk and more assumptions.... I could post videos all day long to your false claims and assumptions proving you wrong time and time again... Users like yourself is why I'm having fun in game lately, browse the forums for comments like yours then make a video based off said comment or thread.

So now because of your drool about not being able to chain spam invisibility and being useless after missing a burst, I made a video of me camping far winning 1v2 and more and chain spamming stealth to a point where no one could see me... Give me a few hours to upload it...

I'd care more if I had to prove anything to a random man over internet, but wait, keep doing videos and upload them to the youtube, may be one day you'll get popular enough to get partnered so it won't be a complete waste of time and will pay off to you. Otherwise I don't see any argument here you trying to say.So, take another troll-meal, and tell me more about your wonderful experience in unrankeds/rankeds/mAT and FFA arena with berserker amulet on brand new deadeye build, i'm soooo interested.

@sephiroth.4217 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

And as I see in the video, the target you "bursted" has no armor on. Because your build isn't even optimized for big damage openers. As it is only thing that you made as an argument...

The highest opener output you can get is around 11-12k(+3 from mug) on light armor. You can test it on golems with DA/CS/DE berserker amulet. You can push numbers for like 5% more if improvisation recharge your signets. And also you can take sigil of separation for 5% more damage on 500+ distance, but it will give you 13k max. Better take your panties on, lad, and i guess yeah, stop spreading false.

@dDuff.3860 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

And as I see in the video, the target you "bursted" has no armor on. Because your build isn't even optimized for big damage openers. As it is only thing that you made as an argument... so i guess yeah, stop spreading false.

The highest opener output you can get is around 11-12k(+2,5 from mug) on light armor. You can test it on golems.

That's the average, around 6-16k is the spectrum I hit for depending on the build and class and I don't need to test anything, I want too. (you'll see for yourself in the video) I also made my original comment on September 20th which was a week ago that it was possible as that's what I was hitting some Mesmers for and even a week later I was still able to quickly pop in game and pull off another 17k on a medium armored class.

It's simple for me, GW2 is a hobby and I just started recording lately so If I see a thread about brainstorming a hybrid holo build, I make a video of me trying to attempt that... If I see a thread that Staff and Sword Of Justice are OP then I make the build and play 1 game recorded and post it for all to see and if I see a comment that 17k opening DJ is impossible then again I grab my recorder and hop in game to test that and if you say that I'm a rally bot that can't chain stealth then I'll play a game and record that so you and everybody else can see that you're either right or wrong.

Archived