Sick of tired of Deadeye Immob from stealth into 1 shot

Jalal.6783

@sephiroth.4217 said:

• No deadeye can land you 17k DJ openers.

How about 16k on a Medium class? I saw your comment and quickly jumped in game to shoot at someone

Edit: Made that 17k Opener, didn't have the recorder on though :cry:
gM0hczD.jpg?1
Rifle/Rifle Energy both weapon sets with CS/SA/DE, Berserker and Wurm runes.

Mate, do you realise that:— it is berserker amulet which is a no-go for any competetive environment for thiefI guess ranked isn't competitive— you specced with assassin's signet which I made special refer to— And even then your burst wasn't 17k (16500 lol).oh no 500 damage short and let us completely ignore the pic while we make these comments and completely forget this happened to a medium armored class

With the same success you could've specced for CS, TR, DA with D/D and burst via C'n'D+steal->backstab (it'd give you even more damage), The point is, you have burst mesmer, killshot war, WI from soulbeast and other weird things which has same burst on the same cooldown (~25 sec).But then I wouldn't have a Rifle with 1500 range and dodge to stealth with extremely large damage numbers every time I said "peekaboo".

This is exact reason i started my post with, in actual pvp environment you do spec for these only for fun, because, guess what happens if you missed your burst? ye, you're rallybot for 25 seconds.

it is fun and no, you are not a rally bot, you just dodge and press auto attack for Deaths Judgement or spam Three Round Burst.. Not specced for Signet either..

You make a lot of assumptions

I suggest you not to spread false here.Your damage is boosted by damage modifiers (BQoBK, Assa signet, Mark). So you can't continue doing same numbers over and over again (as i said 25 sec cd burst is kitten)And yes, with berserker amulet you're rally bot to anything. Without trickery you don't have vigor to chain-spam your invisibilty, without agility signet you don't have emergency dodge, without mercy you don't have second attempt to burst. Missed burst — GG you're done.

P.S. you may play whatever you want in whatever way, but in fact topic is "Sick of tired of Deadeye Immob from stealth into 1 shot", my point is a lot of other builds in-game do the same and even harder damage, while bring other stuff to the match. So i think this damage is balanced (compared to others).

I'm not spreading anything false.. You made claims that it can't be done and I showed a video otherwise then you back pedal into all this garbage talk...

Then you run off your own assumptions that it must be this or it must be that and if it's this or that then yadda yadda because of hooha rally bot can't do anything garbage talk and more assumptions.... I could post videos all day long to your false claims and assumptions proving you wrong time and time again... Users like yourself is why I'm having fun in game lately, browse the forums for comments like yours then make a video based off said comment or thread.

So now because of your drool about not being able to chain spam invisibility and being useless after missing a burst, I made a video of me camping far winning 1v2 and more and chain spamming stealth to a point where no one could see me... Give me a few hours to upload it...

And as I see in the video, the target you "bursted" has no armor on. Because your build isn't even optimized for big damage openers. As it is only thing that you made as an argument... so i guess yeah, stop spreading false.

The highest opener output you can get is around 11-12k(+2,5 from mug) on light armor. You can test it on golems.

That's the average, around 6-16k is the spectrum I hit for depending on the build and class and I don't need to test anything, I want too. (you'll see for yourself in the video) I also made my original comment on September 20th which was a week ago that it was possible as that's what I was hitting some Mesmers for and even a week later I was still able to quickly pop in game and pull off another 17k on a medium armored class.

It's simple for me, GW2 is a hobby and I just started recording lately so If I see a thread about brainstorming a hybrid holo build, I make a video of me trying to attempt that... If I see a thread that Staff and Sword Of Justice are OP then I make the build and play 1 game recorded and post it for all to see and if I see a comment that 17k opening DJ is impossible then again I grab my recorder and hop in game to test that and if you say that I'm a rally bot that can't chain stealth then I'll play a game and record that so you and everybody else can see that you're either right or wrong.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAUUlsMhGnYpTw7Jw/ELEFG/nsU+K5qAJgJwWWa0EAA-jJxHABKVGAgHBAM7Po8VAAA

Video and build to your claims about not being able to chain stealth and being a rally bot from a bad player and even worse thief perspective in ranked.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@sephiroth.4217 said:

How about 16k on a Medium class? I saw your comment and quickly jumped in game to shoot at someone

gM0hczD.jpg?1

Mate, do you realise that:— it is berserker amulet which is a no-go for any competetive environment for thiefI guess ranked isn't competitive— you specced with assassin's signet which I made special refer to— And even then your burst wasn't 17k (16500 lol).oh no 500 damage short and let us completely ignore the pic while we make these comments and completely forget this happened to a medium armored class

With the same success you could've specced for CS, TR, DA with D/D and burst via C'n'D+steal->backstab (it'd give you even more damage), The point is, you have burst mesmer, killshot war, WI from soulbeast and other weird things which has same burst on the same cooldown (~25 sec).But then I wouldn't have a Rifle with 1500 range and dodge to stealth with extremely large damage numbers every time I said "peekaboo".

This is exact reason i started my post with, in actual pvp environment you do spec for these only for fun, because, guess what happens if you missed your burst? ye, you're rallybot for 25 seconds.

it is fun and no, you are not a rally bot, you just dodge and press auto attack for Deaths Judgement or spam Three Round Burst.. Not specced for Signet either..

I suggest you not to spread false here.Your damage is boosted by damage modifiers (BQoBK, Assa signet, Mark). So you can't continue doing same numbers over and over again (as i said 25 sec cd burst is kitten)And yes, with berserker amulet you're rally bot to anything. Without trickery you don't have vigor to chain-spam your invisibilty, without agility signet you don't have emergency dodge, without mercy you don't have second attempt to burst. Missed burst — GG you're done.

P.S. you may play whatever you want in whatever way, but in fact topic is "Sick of tired of Deadeye Immob from stealth into 1 shot", my point is a lot of other builds in-game do the same and even harder damage, while bring other stuff to the match. So i think this damage is balanced (compared to others).

I'm not spreading anything false.. You made claims that it can't be done and I showed a video otherwise then you back pedal into all this garbage talk...

Then you run off your own assumptions that it must be this or it must be that and if it's this or that then yadda yadda because of hooha rally bot can't do anything garbage talk and more assumptions.... I could post videos all day long to your false claims and assumptions proving you wrong time and time again... Users like yourself is why I'm having fun in game lately, browse the forums for comments like yours then make a video based off said comment or thread.

So now because of your drool about not being able to chain spam invisibility and being useless after missing a burst, I made a video of me camping far winning 1v2 and more and chain spamming stealth to a point where no one could see me... Give me a few hours to upload it...

And as I see in the video, the target you "bursted" has no armor on. Because your build isn't even optimized for big damage openers. As it is only thing that you made as an argument... so i guess yeah, stop spreading false.

The highest opener output you can get is around 11-12k(+2,5 from mug) on light armor. You can test it on golems.

That's the average, around 6-16k is the spectrum I hit for depending on the build and class and I don't need to test anything, I want too. (you'll see for yourself in the video) I also made my original comment on September 20th which was a week ago that it was possible as that's what I was hitting some Mesmers for and even a week later I was still able to quickly pop in game and pull off another 17k on a medium armored class.

It's simple for me, GW2 is a hobby and I just started recording lately so If I see a thread about brainstorming a hybrid holo build, I make a video of me trying to attempt that... If I see a thread that Staff and Sword Of Justice are OP then I make the build and play 1 game recorded and post it for all to see and if I see a comment that 17k opening DJ is impossible then again I grab my recorder and hop in game to test that and if you say that I'm a rally bot that can't chain stealth then I'll play a game and record that so you and everybody else can see that you're either right or wrong.

17k DJ opening is impossible on target wearing armor - basically any real target.

@dDuff.3860 said:

gM0hczD.jpg?1

17k DJ opening is impossible on target wearing armor - basically any real target.

I've done it a few times but mostly on Mesmers.. It's out of the ordinary but not impossible.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Airdive.2613 said:Your profession?

Warrior - Endure pain.Guardian - Renewed focus.Revenant (alright, herald) - Infuse light.Engineer - Elixir S.Ranger - Signet of stone.Thief - Evasive weapon skills and some instant stealth (also F1 -> F2 vs the deadeye).Mesmer - Distortion.Elementalist - Obsidian flesh.Necromancer - Welp, try to enter the shroud and facetank, I guess.

Yes, right. Endure pain and Defy pain will surely save you from 22k Malicous Backstab from stealth which you can't anticipate precisely as DE can perma stealth. This happened in WvW, but still, pretty sad balance... the worst thing is that you can't fight it if you manage to surive because of super original and not-op-at-all elite which removes revealed and gives stealth almost immediately.DE isn't only about rifle and DJ you know.

I don't think thief has access to immobilization that long. The original complaint is about immobilization -> burst.After it wears off, you can freely dodge and move around, check the enemy's presence with AoEs, and so on.

They can literally spam immob so long as they have initiative. Read what Rifle #2 does = https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spotter%27s_Shot

Rifle 2 spam on a DE "which is only a weapon skill mind you" is a stronger source of immob than Entangle and Ancient Seeds combined "which are an elite skill and a grand master trait." Yeah I'd say it needs a review.

I don't think most people are reporting that Deadeye is "SOOOO OVER POWERED" they're reporting how annoying and not fun it is to play against it. In fact, the game is kind of headed in the direction of "who lands their gimmick first." The more DPS rises, the more true this becomes. So if DPS were to be increased game-wide by even just another +50%, it will result in like "who hits who first" on every class and in every situation. Every class will have some gimmick that can launch an instant kill, landing so much damage so quickly, that the other player doesn't have time to react to it. So rather than engaging in a combat 1v1 duel, we end up having a game where the 1v1 is over before it starts because someone is going to land that first burst. Deadeye already functions like this and that's why it is annoying to play against. You either sneak up on him first and kill him or he sneaks up on you and you die. There really isn't any 1v1 engagement in that. It feels like an FPS where everyone is using a rocket launcher.

Don't get me wrong, I actually feel that the DPS is in JUUUST THE RIGHT PLACE with this current meta. I definitely prefer a high DPS meta over a bunker meta. But if this DPS goes up anymore and I mean even something as small as a +10% increase intra-class wide, it's going to break the competitive modes completely due to the reasoning bellow. I'll quote myself on this one ->

Opinion On The Current DPS Meta:

• Absolutely love it. This is way more engaging and entertaining than Bunker Metas or Super Bruiser Metas. All of the people that I play with in Discord seem to agree that it's just a lot more fun than recent sustain heavy metas that we've experienced. Though I do have to say that damage output has gotten so high that Bunker roles have lost their purpose as they can no longer 1v2, and Support roles will also be in trouble if the power creep persists and here is why -> The higher damage output gets game wide, the less important statistical numeric defenses become, such as "toughness" "vitality" or even "protection". Although an unrealistic example, as not many people actually run the spec, the best example I can use here is that of the 1-Shot Soulbeast. This build is capable of landing so much damage output with a single strike, that toughness, vitality, protection buff, passive defenses like defy pain, none of it matters because if you get hit, you die. This creates an effect where it doesn't even matter if the opponent has 10,000 health or 20,000 health, or protection, or even the presence of his heal skill doesn't matter. The only things that matter for counter-play are active defenses -> dodges, evades, blocks, active invulns, stealths, sheer mobility. This leads to the real problem with such power creep. When the damage potential gets so high, it becomes much more rewarding to run bursty classes such as Thief or Mesmer because not only are they amongst the heaviest burst classes in the game, but these type of burst classes intrinsically were originally designed with the most active defenses -> dodges, evades, stealths, sheer mobility, ect. ect. All resulting in a situation where we find ourselves in a high DPS meta where the squishies have become the classes with the better sustain and the slower classes that were meant to be tanky through statistical power "toughness" "vitality" "lots of protection buffs stability" "ect. ect." actually become the easiest targets to kill. The more power creeping we see to DPS without adequate defensive boosts to balance, the more true the above effect becomes. Many people may disagree with me but I'm going to say it: I feel like the DPS is in a good place in terms of DPS vs. Defenses, but we are on the absolute precipice of the falling point. If DPS is increased any further, the competitive modes will turn completely upside down due to the above effect. And even though I feel this meta is engaging, entertaining, and not too imbalanced at all, there are still a handful of things that I feel need mandatory patching.

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I don't think most people are reporting that Deadeye is "SOOOO OVER POWERED" they're reporting how annoying and not fun it is to play against it.

Oh, this I can relate to. The thing is, thief's entire fantasy has been roughly along the lines of "a cunning combatant who fights dirty and is frustrating to play against".There's always a chance to win, but it does feel that someone's got an unfair advantage when you're fighting the thief. I mean, I'm pretty sure the deadeye gets revealed after they land their rifle 2 from stealth. That, in turn, makes them unable to use death's judgment. Thus, if you're getting oneshot right away, you probably had been able to see the deadeye before it happened. That's not really "unexpected", just quick.(Now, there's a needle trap which is even nastier to step into when fighting a deadeye. It genuinely feels like you're being hunted and it is its own fun to me.)

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:I don't think most people are reporting that Deadeye is "SOOOO OVER POWERED" they're reporting how annoying and not fun it is to play against it.

Oh, this I can relate to. The thing is, thief's entire fantasy has been roughly along the lines of "a cunning combatant who fights dirty and is frustrating to play against".There's always a chance to win, but it does
feel
that someone's got an unfair advantage when you're fighting the thief. I mean, I'm pretty sure the deadeye gets revealed after they land their rifle 2 from stealth. That, in turn, makes them unable to use death's judgment. Thus, if you're getting oneshot right away, you probably had been able to see the deadeye before it happened. That's not really "unexpected", just quick.(Now, there's a needle trap which is even nastier to step into when fighting a deadeye. It genuinely feels like you're being hunted and it is its own fun to me.)

Honestly the intended mechanics of DE are fine right now. The problem occurs when players figure out how to abuse desynch bugs within the game. What the good ones are doing is that they are purposely creating desynch so that when they hit you with the first shot, they aren't immediately revealed. Well, they are actually revealed, but you can't see them on your screen right away because they are desynched and the game is updating your display a bit more slowly than normal due to the desynch. So when they are revealed, your game for a brief moment is still showing the thief in the position of being stealthed "not there", until the server updates properly and shows you where he is. This bug has actually been around for a very long time. It's the reason why sometimes people go down and you swing at their body, but they're actually like 300 range away from you, but your system doesn't show it. The display also doesn't update until the person moves or takes an action. People who know how to work that bug on a thief or mes, are much more difficult to catch than the designers have intended. <- This is broken and makes the DE much more powerful than intended. If Anet can't fix that bug within the original engine, they need to figure something out with the class Deadeye because it's 1.5 second kill potential is making that bug shine a bit too brightly lately.

I had no idea someone could actually, intentionally use desync to pull this off. I'll modify my position on DE restealth then - as designed, I would agree it works fine. I just thought Shadow Meld could be precast or something because I couldn't see the DE the instant after I got tapped with DJ in some matches. Had no clue desync could be making that happen.

In other news, I haven't run into another DE that could do the 100-0 thing on me - I actually went further into full glass, swapped out demo ammy for a zerker. I guess the extra scrap of power and more substantial crit damage is enough to put down most DEs outright, and make the rest run. I can't stand on nodes for very long at all, but that was never what my glass build did anyways.

@Airdive.2613 said:Your profession?

Warrior - Endure pain.Guardian - Renewed focus.Revenant (alright, herald) - Infuse light.Engineer - Elixir S.Ranger - Signet of stone.Thief - Evasive weapon skills and some instant stealth (also F1 -> F2 vs the deadeye).Mesmer - Distortion.Elementalist - Obsidian flesh.Necromancer - Welp, try to enter the shroud and facetank, I guess.

This is a pretty bullshit suggestion. Any decent DE will just immob, see your invuln and wait, then take the shot.

Even if they fail the first shot they can shadowstep away to restealth and repeat until successful.

I'm not saying it's not out playable, but it's around 1:5 odds against any thief worth a damn.

@voltaicbore.8012 said:I had no idea someone could actually, intentionally use desync to pull this off. I'll modify my position on DE restealth then - as designed, I would agree it works fine. I just thought Shadow Meld could be precast or something because I couldn't see the DE the instant after I got tapped with DJ in some matches. Had no clue desync could be making that happen.

In other news, I haven't run into another DE that could do the 100-0 thing on me - I actually went further into full glass, swapped out demo ammy for a zerker. I guess the extra scrap of power and more substantial crit damage is enough to put down most DEs outright, and make the rest run. I can't stand on nodes for very long at all, but that was never what my glass build did anyways.

It used to be easier to do around PoF release but they did some patching that made the bug occur much less frequently. Still can be done though. I see happen pretty frequently again lately with downstates. Not sure what happened in the patching that is enabling it again.

Archived