When you keep trying to make money selling an item but everyone else keeps undercutting you

Rise.8259

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:The other week I put twilight up for sale. I put it up at the lowest price, ready to wait for somebody to buy it. I come back the next day and find that I have been undercut by 5 other people selling twilight, each by a single copper.. Now you see, this isn't just a minor inconvenience. With how slowly legendary weapons move through the market, there's a chance that the rate at which people make twilight is faster than the rate that people buy twilight. The cost of relisting is 138 gold.

For all my gripes, there's somebody who has a twilight for sale for 5000 gold. I pity this person, because not only is his sword never going to sell, but he paid 250g to list it. Honestly, I think that if you're going to be selling something really valuable that moves slowly, you should either undercut by a significant amount, or just match the lowest sell price.

And how much did you undercut the one above you?

50 gold.

So that would make urs the 2700 one with noone undercutting you presently?

@Linken.6345 said:

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:The other week I put twilight up for sale. I put it up at the lowest price, ready to wait for somebody to buy it. I come back the next day and find that I have been undercut by 5 other people selling twilight, each by a single copper.. Now you see, this isn't just a minor inconvenience. With how slowly legendary weapons move through the market, there's a chance that the rate at which people make twilight is faster than the rate that people buy twilight. The cost of relisting is 138 gold.

For all my gripes, there's somebody who has a twilight for sale for 5000 gold. I pity this person, because not only is his sword never going to sell, but he paid 250g to list it. Honestly, I think that if you're going to be selling something really valuable that moves slowly, you should either undercut by a significant amount, or just match the lowest sell price.

And how much did you undercut the one above you?

50 gold.

So that would make urs the 2700 one with noone undercutting you presently?

Nope. That was awhile ago. My original listing was 2750 while the previous lowest seller was 2799 (I think). I re-listed at 2700 after being undercut several times, which then sold. I had to eat the listing fee.

@"jbrother.1340" said:Maybe the OP is just "having a laugh"???

Exactly. I'm surprised everyone responds so seriously or gets offended.

This video came to mind when I saw everyone trying to one up each other on selling a particular item that dropped 20 silver in price in a single day because of it, and was 40 silver lower than it's high for that week. It was barely profitable at that point.

Archived