New WvW Event Week

anonymous.7812

As much as i want Anet to change WvW up, and admire that they are trying new things, giving a 30% bonus to some already powerful servers is insane, ive seen servers that can put 50 man groups on 2 maps, imagine that with 30% extra power, i can sadly see alot of people taking a week off for this event.

What we need are ways to use the ability points we get that cant be used to upgrade anything, why do we not have the ability to invest into more WxP or reward track gain, karma, MF( WvW only ) etc some players have 1000's of these ability points just being wasted, this is just untapped potential.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing with the bloodlust week is, anyone remember how it went when it was powerful? Most small guilds I knew were excited at it's introduction, imagining fun small fights all round the area. Turns out when its powerful tho, commanders bring their entire map blob to flip it D: Anything a small group can do, a zerg can do faster....

Maybe there will be some fun blob fights over it.

I'll be honest here. This event sounds pretty boring. :/

I liked the "no downstate" event because it shook up the game. This, however, doesn't really do anything. Many players spend very little time in the ruins because they couldn't care less about the stat bonus.

StilI, I hope we get some nice openfield fights out of this.

@Celsith.2753 said:The thing with the bloodlust week is, anyone remember how it went when it was powerful? Most small guilds I knew were excited at it's introduction, imagining fun small fights all round the area. Turns out when its powerful tho, commanders bring their entire map blob to flip it D: Anything a small group can do, a zerg can do faster....

It's true, but a dedicated small group can have a huge impact. It's not worth a zerg's time to have 50 people flipping bloodlust. It is much more efficient for 3-5 people to hang around and flip it back, then defend it from any other small groups.

Umm... Ben, I don't know if you realize the constant nag of having to flip/defend nodes had commanders raging during S2.Please don't focus the mode around defending nodes, this isn't sPvP.

Appreciate the effort and extra bonuses though!

editing to add, please bring back No Downstate! Monthly!!!

@coro.3176 said:

@Celsith.2753 said:The thing with the bloodlust week is, anyone remember how it went when it was powerful? Most small guilds I knew were excited at it's introduction, imagining fun small fights all round the area. Turns out when its powerful tho, commanders bring their entire map blob to flip it D: Anything a small group can do, a zerg can do faster....

It's true, but a dedicated small group can have a huge impact. It's not worth a zerg's time to have 50 people flipping bloodlust. It is much more efficient for 3-5 people to hang around and flip it back, then defend it from any other small groups.

Yes, that is true that it is much more efficient for small groups to do it, but what happens in practice is that the ruins get zerged because the small groups that are losing call for more people to help (which isn't necessarily a bad thing to generate zerg open field fights in the ruins). We've seen this zerging before both when bloodlust provided a larger stat bonus and when the desert bl had the exalted hammer oasis event. And just think for all you siege fans, you get a cannon to build at each ruin too!

I am slightly disappointed that gates will still be up.

Exactly what I said on Reddit:"Okay so, I pride myself in being an optimist and I don't complain very much...

I've enjoyed all of these WvW events, even the chaotic golem weekend and all it's broken buffs. If anything, I enjoyed that one the most because it was fun to be a demi-god doing Legendary mob tier damage.

But... This one just sounds like it's going to be the broken buffs from Golem weekend except only the servers with the most coverage will have it. I realize a +30% damage boost isn't enormous but, there's so much damage out there already, like... I dunno, I'm having a hard time being positive about this one. I don't think it's going to help roamers and I definitely don't think it's going to be as fun as outright killing people like no downed state week. It just sounds like small scale ganking is gonna be even more stupid.

The only thing I'm looking forward to is doing even more damage with Reaper. Gonna need an undie dispenser I'll be splooshing them so much from all the meaty crits. If I have one goal for this event it's to park some poor fool with a 40k+ hit."

Reading through comments both there and here, looks like I'm not alone. It's only for the week or what ever so it's not the end of the world but, I definitely don't have a good feeling about it. The kind of damage some builds can already achieve, with those buffs, just you wait. Should be pretty common place to see 30k crits flying around.

@Celsith.2753 said:...Maybe there will be some fun blob fights over it.

I'm hoping for ^THIS^ in particular! Especially on the Red BL's Bloodlust node area! :smiley:It's been a long time since I've had the chance to engage in zerg v zerg fights in Red BL's Bloodlust area. And I remember it being fun as HELL! Using the terrain there in large scale battling was a BLAST! HAHA :smiley:

And with this event perhaps we'll have reason to have 50v50 man clashes there again.We'll see! I'm hopeful. :+1:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Celsith.2753 said:Can we just have a rerun of No Downstate Please?

We are likely to run it again someday. The plan is that we build up a bunch of events and we run one every 2-3 months. At times where we don't have a new event to try out, we'll run an older one.

History has shown that people get excited and login for events. Why can't we have it more frequently? At the minimum I'd think 1 event per month would be seen as welcome by most. One event every 2-3 months isn't frequent enough.

You guys are talking as if Bloodlust was a permanent buff to everybody. If you want to hold Bloodlust you're going to need your zerg/blob defending it because the other team will want it too. Lose, now you're the one at a disadvantage. Not even mentioning other maps as well.

I really like this.

Archived