New WvW Event Week

anonymous.7812

@Sovereign.1093 said:

maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

kick all from the servers. choose new home, see how many tiers will exist.

then return everyone to original server after.the event.

gather feedback. iterate and tune. =)

This is so god kitten stupid so many guilds have players from like every server, how could you posible control that?

simple really.

you talk to your guildmates, whos interested in wvw. and ask who wants to play together. those who want to can stay in the same place.

you can control those who dont want to. but those who want will join you.

ex.

slayers is a wvw guild. simply we do not pve or pvp. our only bonding is our wvw raid. so my guys know clearly what we.are about and what we do.

if the server resets, we'd take the middle team. it's always fun, atleast for me to be at the average of things.

other guilds will do their thing. ex. the alliances.

this in the simplest sense is the upcomming alliance system.

Ehm, no. If there is no control (by the system) or ruleset about how many people are allowed to go into X world, will see basically people grouped up with the communities they already have stablished and the rest of the people who do not belong to any of that will just go to blackgate, straight up. WvW cannot reset, comunities already exist, there is a reasson why some servers are closed, if all this is left in hands of the comunity with no control u will just get a massive mess.

well there is a limit per world. that does not change. the active guys will be together or fight each other.

So if there is a limit how do i gurantee to get my guild into the world i want every week?????

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Rampage.7145 said:

maybe a monthly reboot of wvw would work. =p try it as a 1 week event then return everyone to their normal servers.

how to do it. announce it a week beforehand so guilds can organize. announce it 3.days before hand as a reminder then on the day.

This is so god kitten stupid so many guilds have players from like every server, how could you posible control that?

simple really.

you talk to your guildmates, whos interested in wvw. and ask who wants to play together. those who want to can stay in the same place.

ex.

slayers is a wvw guild. simply we do not pve or pvp. our only bonding is our wvw raid. so my guys know clearly what we.are about and what we do.

if the server resets, we'd take the middle team. it's always fun, atleast for me to be at the average of things.

Ehm, no. If there is no control (by the system) or ruleset about how many people are allowed to go into X world, will see basically people grouped up with the communities they already have stablished and the rest of the people who do not belong to any of that will just go to blackgate, straight up. WvW cannot reset, comunities already exist, there is a reasson why some servers are closed, if all this is left in hands of the comunity with no control u will just get a massive mess.

well there is a limit per world. that does not change. the active guys will be together or fight each other.

So if there is a limit how do i gurantee to get my guild into the world i want every week?????

have you read the wvw reworking post pinned by anet?

@Sovereign.1093 said:

simple really.

ex.

And this is the point exactly of my original post LOL it is stupid to think they can make the allaince system they have been working over for a year now into some random weekly event, like u asked me to think out the box, all i ask from you is to think, generally speaking think before posting lol

@Rampage.7145 said:

simple really.

ex.

And this is the point exactly of my original post LOL it is stupid to think they can make the allaince system they have been working over for a year now into some random weekly event, like u asked me to think out the box, all i ask from you is to think, generally speaking think before posting lol

oh i do. =) but maybe you should follow your own advise.

Current event super boosting stats in an age of gw2 meta that has the most damage going around, oh boy, what could possibly go wrong, gee I wonder who would have the advantage here, gee where have we seen this before where a bigger side held momentum from holding orbs, hmmmm. If the dozens of ideas thrown into the ring for events is not suitable, then just run no downed state events from now on.

@Sovereign.1093 said:wvw is a numbers game. so this event does show where nos = advantage, especially when players go for the edge = bloodlust, good food, voip, synergy team.

anything in wvw = edge has advantage.

so, our main issue is simply population.

I don't know why you keep going on with these rebooting server suggestion as if it's the easiest thing for them to do with the server system in place. They're already working on a system to reboot worlds in a more organized and permanent manner than what you're suggesting. Yeah let's just kick everyone off their servers to like a limbo server, then let them choose new homes to stack on cause like that's worked so well for 6 years letting players choose their own servers, then after a week undo it all. About all that's going to prove is how idiotic players are in their pursuit to stack to win when they get to do it for free, and a limited time? all the top guilds just need to stack on one server just for the salt and lulz.

@XenesisII.1540 said:Current event super boosting stats in an age of gw2 meta that has the most damage going around, oh boy, what could possibly go wrong, gee I wonder who would have the advantage here, gee where have we seen this before where a bigger side held momentum from holding orbs, hmmmm. If the dozens of ideas thrown into the ring for events is not suitable, then just run no downed state events from now on.

@Sovereign.1093 said:wvw is a numbers game. so this event does show where nos = advantage, especially when players go for the edge = bloodlust, good food, voip, synergy team.

anything in wvw = edge has advantage.

so, our main issue is simply population.

I don't know why you keep going on with these rebooting server suggestion as if it's the easiest thing for them to do with the server system in place. They're already working on a system to reboot worlds in a more organized and permanent manner than what you're suggesting. Yeah let's just kick everyone off their servers to like a limbo server, then let them choose new homes to stack on cause like that's worked so well for 6 years letting players choose their own servers, then after a week undo it all. About all that's going to prove is how idiotic players are in their pursuit to stack to win when they get to do it for free, and a limited time? all the top guilds just need to stack on one server just for the salt and lulz.

=) well it proves one thing. you dont think. oh wait, your sarcastic conclusion already explains the state we are now in.

other than that. it is suggested as a test. anet needs to beta test ideas so they can give us the better game, find flaws bugs before releasing the product.

saves money for them, allows us to be heard so they give us what we want.

oOo

the one problem this game has is simple. population coverage. everything else is a symptom of it.

with periodic reset - you sift out the inactives and group the actives. so you have a player base for the world.

oOo

on the issue of players wanting to win. there is nothing wrong with that. in fact that is the right attitude.

people ought to try being the top.at something. having no goal in this game is what's making wvw toxic.

bring back the tournaments.reset the servers periodically.maybe set a 3way queue for wvw with a time limit. have a more open map cap for the 3 sides with minimum amount for each.

servers are dead. it's all about your guild now and or your friends/allies.

Except I think they are already developing a system to spread the population out with proper limitations so that players will not completely abuse it like they currently do, I think it's something they will also test. I think why do they need to divert resources to develop another method of server resets to test for a week?

I think there's no need to divert resources to test your event for a week.I think inactivity is not a problem, they are not counted in the current population count.I think Your idea does nothing for population coverage, you're still just letting players pick wherever they want to go as they do now, and players have never fixed that problem on their own, in fact off hours tend to stack even more, they did it to sos db bg jq for years.I think we don't need a test to figure out players won't fairly distribute themselves, that's why the alliance system needs to be made in the first place.

I think I know they're not looking at off hours coverage when they create the worlds, they mentioned they would initially, and maybe they will later when the system is running properly, but it's still better than leaving that up to players.

I think people wanting to win is not a problem, I think people wanting to stack so they can always win and not giving a care about the health of the rest of the servers in the system is the problem. I think something we've been plagued with for 6 years and I think the reason why we can't have fair and competitive tournaments, I think you should know this.

I think about the bigger picture, I think of the time and work anet needs to develop the back end for new systems, I think of player actions, I think of players motivations, and I think of the consequences of their actions. I think it's something you obviously haven't bothered to do, I think to look to the past and figure it out, I think especially with your last bit of ramble in the end, where I think it sounds like you just stepped into wvw from pve instead of being a veteran of the mode.

I think it's not hard to figure out that wvw is dead because of many reasons, not just population coverage.I think your idea is not needed, and I think you should stop trying to shove it into multiple threads, but stick it into the appropriate one stickied on top of the forum.

I think trying different things besides just "No Downed State", which I absolutely hated, is good. It means they are trying to think of different things that will make WvW better. I think that you think they are planning on adding these "tests" as something absolute into the game. I highly doubt that. I see them as stress tests. Go to the extreme and see how the community handles it, then when you do make changes that aren't as extreme they will be more happy about taking them. Sometimes you have to push the limits of your model to see where the tipping points are so you know just how far you can go without breaking it.

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:I think that you think they are planning on adding these "tests" as something absolute into the game.

No that's not it at all, I don't know where you guys are getting the idea from that people are complaining cause they think it's going to be permanent, obviously it won't be. The problem here is they have had a ton of ideas for events and yet they choose to run one that not one person suggested, one which obviously would be imbalanced to heavier populations giving them further advantage in fights, at least the no down state was turned on evenly for all sides.

@XenesisII.1540 said:

@"oOStaticOo.9467" said:I think that you think they are planning on adding these "tests" as something absolute into the game.

No that's not it at all, I don't know where you guys are getting the idea from that people are complaining cause they think it's going to be permanent, obviously it won't be. The problem here is they have had a ton of ideas for events and yet they choose to run one that not one person suggested, one which obviously would be imbalanced to heavier populations giving them further advantage in fights, at least the no down state was turned on evenly for all sides.

Well as I also said, consider these "Events" as a stress test. Stress tests suck because, well, they stress you out to the maximum. I'm sure that ANet is seeing what everybody is trying to suggest. Problem is, some of these suggestions may not be plausible in their model. Some of them may require way more effort to be done than some of the stuff they already have available. They may be working on some of those suggestions, but we won't see them until further on down the line. And some of them may be just too silly and stupid to implement. Just relax, take a breath, try to enjoy the game, it's only gonna last for a week, then back to normal.

Archived