My Elementalist

Cheshire Rabbid.7430

Hello, there I'm on here to ask for an opinion on what I have for Specializations and what type of gear I should look for. Now I don't have the much expected on the Elemental but I was thinking of playing this as a jack of all traits kind of class, able to do all type of damages, healing and tanking but a master of none of them, acting like a back up to a fully healer or tanker. I think that mostly with the class forces on the element switch then weapons with most other class need specified weapons to play with a Spec. With that in mind, I have to choose for Specs are Arcane and Weaver since this two forces on working with all of the elements. I left the third one blank because I can't think of which of the other four would work well with those two. I also haven't decided on which weapons would allow me to play as a jack of all traits. If you could please tell me what gear type and Sigil I should look for and if there are any talents or skills I should switch for better ones let me know.http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWnMICF5i1MAGNA0RAFbA7eInknyFzwyXAA

My advice, since you want to be a jack of all trades, to have the bulk of your gear be celestial stats. Then substitute either weapons, armor or trinkets for the stats you want to specialize into whether it be power, healing, condi or defence. PvP amulet stat allocations are a good reference for how much you need in a stat in order for it to become relevant. Choose runes that either compliments your specialization or covers your lower stats.

Staff is a good weapon for this, as it's by far the most versatile should you choose to go condi/healing. If I were you I would go water for the last traitline since you won't be glasscannon, and this will allow you more options for how to deal with bursts and condition. You need to learn how to fight as you go though, since this spec is tricky to use.

Archived