Would it work to just increase Beastmode's stat boosts?

Toolbox.9375

I'm seeing a lot of people saying that Ranger's intentionally-low damage coefficients become even more pronounced when going into Beastmode and losing the pet's DPS. I've also been seeing lots of suggestions for how to handle the problem, all typically rather complicated from a programming perspective, and sometimes confusing and convoluted in general.

Would it work to simply increase the stat gains when in Beastmode, so that weapon abilities end up at a level similar to that of non-Rangers?

Or, is it even a problem in the first place? I've not seen many players arguing that the loss of pet DPS in Beastmode is fine as it is, but perhaps they've just not been posting as much despite their presence.

Uhm , to be fair the actual boost is a joke , 200 power or 200 condi is nothing when your pet is doing 1/3 of your dmg , 3 skills that u need to cast with huge CDs ...

SB gives a meatshield , tons of DMG for a tiny boost and 3 skills, oh and the option to use another trait line ( druid included) is worth it?

Just with a few pets and just for burst or utility

Don't get me started on dagger as weapon

I believe one problem of increasing stats after merging is that it is a pretty broad buff that could have a lot of unintended consequences, like e.g. increasing condi SB's damage. If you just want to increase the damage of power soulbeast and/or power ranger, it might be better to increase either their specific skills or weapon coefficients. If, however, you believe that the tradeoff between pet and SB mode is not worth it in general, then an increase in stats could be a solution.

@Warlyx.6732 said:Uhm , to be fair the actual boost is a joke , 200 power or 200 condi is nothing when your pet is doing 1/3 of your dmg , 3 skills that u need to cast with huge CDs ...

SB gives a meatshield , tons of DMG for a tiny boost and 3 skills, oh and the option to use another trait line ( druid included) is worth it?

Just with a few pets and just for burst or utility

Don't get me started on dagger as weapon

The pet never did 1/3 of your damage. And I wonder how anyone can actively play the game, pay attention to what they are doing on the screen, and still claim that their pet does that much damage.

As to OPs question. Raise the power coefficients of the ranger's power damage on most if not all weapons. They barely made sense back when pets did a bigger proportion of the total damage, it's not even close at this point. It's about time Anet realizes it.

@OP:

this is how damage is calculated in GW2: Damage = Weapon strength 1000 Skill coefficient / 25971000 is base power and is adjusted to be the actual player power. When calculated this way the skill coefficient has a greater effect on total dps than the amount of power the player brings. Since our gear caps our total power the most efficient way to increase damage would be to change these coefficients. They should be adjusted in all game modes but i could see them being very careful with those changes in PvP to prevent wild balance swings.

Archived