Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

@Julischka Bean.7491 said:

@"rotheche.2964" said:So according to
, it looks like there are two prize category - there's
  1. a daily sweepstakes with $5 Kung Fu Tea app credit and GW2 Deluxe edition - to enter this, you have to be a US resident* and be somewhere you can buy the drink and then post a pic of it** with a #GW2xKFT hashtag on your chosen social media account
  2. downloadable content (the outfit) and the Heroic Edition. No purchase necessary for this, just download the Kung Fu Tea app, find the Social Rewards section, click/tap on Free Guild Wars 2 Rewards and follow whatever the steps are.

And there's a pic of the outfit on there:
Guild+wars+2+dragon+shirt.jpg?format=500

*Kinda used to this by this time, tbh.**Not that I would suggest you just get a photo of one of these drinks from...somewhere internetty. That's cheating and it does say purchase is required.

Probably have to upload a receipt.

Nope, sweepstakes are for receipt. Read below. It even says you need only to connect social media to app.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I tried it on iOS and a mobile network and got a little further. It says I have GW2 rewards and some dollar off coupons, but it also says, "No action required." Then I clicked on it, get some crazy popup about logging in with Facebook. I did it and nothing happens. I didn't have any messages on the social tab. Then I went back to the rewards tab and all the rewards vanished :s

Edit: According to the Kung Fu site, "Kung Fu Tea x Guild Wars 2 promotion is experiencing a delay. We are working to get this resolved. Thank you for your patience."

@Penguin.1345 said:

@hugo.4705 said:I don't understood they have put that amount of rewards behind that app and the app herself doesn't work...

I think the Kung Fu Tea company vastly underestimated how much interest there would be in their app. Things are propably on fire on their end.

So, you're right ;)

@Penguin.1345 said:

@hugo.4705 said:I don't understood they have put that amount of rewards behind that app and the app herself doesn't work...

I think the Kung Fu Tea company vastly underestimated how much interest there would be in their app. Things are propably on fire on their end.

That's what I've been thinking too. The app is probably built to handle a small number of their customers logging in occasionally to buy drinks or collect rewards. Now they've got thousands of people around the world all trying to go through the same process at once.

Fortunately it goes on until the end of September, so there should be time for them to get it working.

BTW does anyone know if you can get the heroic edition bundle if you already got one from the HoT beta 'bug'?

I installed the app, created an Instagram account (for my main character, as if she would know what such a thing was, why not) to get ready for the linking, but in the KFT app, when I go to social or click around on rewards or what not, I don't see anything about GW2 anywhere? Do you not see that until 'after' you link? :thinking: #whynothinking #trollfacebutnothinking

@"hugo.4705" said:Finally worked for me after a long nightmare, here is the right manner to proceed:1- With your phone, go on the app Store (google play or the other one) and search "Kung Fu Tea", download the app.2- When opening the app, they will ask if you want to link your account facebook, link it, if fail, continue to step 3.3- On the main screen with ads, click on the lines icon at the top-left, go in social, select social rewards.4- In social rewards panel, if you have a circle loading thingy wait around 2-3 min before the page charge with her promotions, click on the one with the gw2 icon with "No action required" under it. Link your social account, if fail, go to step 5.5- Go in social / category profile -> Connect social media accounts, retry to link.6- If okay, you will receive a message in Profile / messages category. you will also receive a message asking to redeem the reward.7- you will have 2 codes in the mail within kung fu tea app, the first for heroic chest (have to be used on the main gw2 website where you have your extensions https://account.arena.net/login, connect and then "use code"). For the gw2 t-shirt, go in-game, bl company, redeem code, special item code. Enter code.

Disclaimer: Got several bugs trying to perform the steps: successfully linked my facebook after the fifth try. No promotions, appeared after 3 relaunch of the app, same for the messages.

I'm having trouble following your order, though I appreciate the information. What is not clear to me is whether I need to wait for some GW2 reward program to show up somewhere and then click on that and 'then' link to a social media account, or if I just go ahead and link it to my social media account and 'then' look for a GW2 reward program to click on?

This promotion seems pretty flawed to me. Don't get me wrong, even though there are delays, I still appreciate that Anet is giving out the dragon emblem outfit and that I will be getting it. However, offering the heroic edition for free as well doesn't sit right with me. I think that the heroic edition should be only be given for free after a purchase, even though I'm from the other side of the world and I wouldn't be able to get the heroic edition if this was the case. I mean, doesn't anyone else see the flaw with letting people get infinite accounts if they abuse the system? What happens if gold sellers try to abuse this? Has Anet thought of a solution to this problem?

Archived