Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh! I had it, tapped it, it said to login with Instagram to get $1 off a drink. I closed that, because I didn't want that, and nothing happened. Tried again, got the same pop up, so logged into Instagram (again) and then nothing happened. Back to the same screen with the list of rewards. How do I get past the $1 screen? :s

Edit: It doesn't seem to save the fact that I keep linking the app to Instagram. If I leave the app and go back and into my profile and social networks, Instagram is switched off. No, I don't want it to save my password in Safari. Angry panda. :angry:

@Ganathar.4956 said:This promotion seems pretty flawed to me. Don't get me wrong, even though there are delays, I still appreciate that Anet is giving out the dragon emblem outfit and that I will be getting it. However, offering the heroic edition for free as well doesn't sit right with me. I think that the heroic edition should be only be given for free after a purchase, even though I'm from the other side of the world and I wouldn't be able to get the heroic edition if this was the case. I mean, doesn't anyone else see the flaw with letting people get infinite accounts if they abuse the system? What happens if gold sellers try to abuse this? Has Anet thought of a solution to this problem?

I thought it was just the extra items for the heroic edition, not a whole new account.

I wanted it for the Primeval armour, but if it's on a separate account it's useless to me.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Ganathar.4956 said:This promotion seems pretty flawed to me. Don't get me wrong, even though there are delays, I still appreciate that Anet is giving out the dragon emblem outfit and that I will be getting it. However, offering the heroic edition for free as well doesn't sit right with me. I think that the heroic edition should be only be given for free after a purchase, even though I'm from the other side of the world and I wouldn't be able to get the heroic edition if this was the case. I mean, doesn't anyone else see the flaw with letting people get infinite accounts if they abuse the system? What happens if gold sellers try to abuse this? Has Anet thought of a solution to this problem?

I thought it was just the extra items for the heroic edition, not a whole new account.

I wanted it for the Primeval armour, but if it's on a separate account it's useless to me.

I believe that you can use the code either way. You can either upgrade your existing account or you can choose to upgrade a free account.

Oh no, Anet doing in-app promotions now. The end is nigh.

"Search for the “Kung Fu Tea App” in the Apple App Store (iOS) or the Google Play Store (Android). Download and launch!"Thanks, but no thanks. Not going to install any stupid apps.

Watch Mystic Coin and t6 mat prices collapse if enough people exploit this.

@"hugo.4705" said:Don't hesitate to restart app sometimes it solves the issue.

Doesn't seem to solve the gentle and explicative(1) message "Something went wrong"... Maybe if I restart the phone...

No, that didn't help. Let's try VPN-ing to Germany instead of France.

No, that didn't help. Let's try VPN-ing to the US instead of somewhere in Europe.

No, that didn't help. My vote is that their servers have melted.

(1) "explicative" is not the same thing as "expletive". An expletive is what you say when a message is not explicative.

As misery loves company, I noticed when I go to my new, fake instragram account in a browser and look in the settings at 'Authorized Applications' (I don't see where to see this or control it in the iOS app), it shows 'Social Rewards' has some basic access to my info, which, I presume is what happened the first time I linked the account.

What is interesting is in the Kung Fu Panda Fast As Lightning App, it doesn't show it's connected when I go to 'Social Rewards' - 'Profile' - 'Connect Social Media Accounts'. Unless, the use of the radio buttons on that screen is completely misplaced and misguided, as I would expect a setting of 'On' to indicate 'Yes, we see you've already connected.' But, maybe they are using it like a link to 'launch' the process of connecting the app, and it never shows 'on' once connected, which would be a really sad and confusing use of a UI element. Wouldn't you just use the caret there? As in, 'Hey, if you press this, we're going to take you some place else to let you do or see more things.'?

I digress, I guess.

At this point, I hope GW2 support just lets us submit a ticket that says, "Hey, we tried!", and gives us the codes we need for the 'no purchase necessary' part of the rewards. Because Codey McCodeFace failed.

@Image.8630 said:Am I reading this right??? Only available to US residents! What about the rest of the world, Anet? So no one else can get the Outfit, 18 box, Heroic Edition...

Puzzled, non us resident :(

Read again. The daily sweepstakes is US-only. The downloadable content is not part of the daily sweepstakes, and does not appear to be restricted.

It's not a code for a game account, but a code for the 'bundle' of items that were offered with the old 'Heroic Edition', i.e. Inventory box (18-slot), 4 Heroic boosters, and a choice of Krytan, Primeval, or Profane Armor set. They really should have said one would be awarded the Heroic Chest.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Ganathar.4956" said:This promotion seems pretty flawed to me. Don't get me wrong, even though there are delays, I still appreciate that Anet is giving out the dragon emblem outfit and that I will be getting it. However, offering the heroic edition for free as well doesn't sit right with me. I think that the heroic edition should be only be given for free after a purchase, even though I'm from the other side of the world and I wouldn't be able to get the heroic edition if this was the case. I mean, doesn't anyone else see the flaw with letting people get infinite accounts if they abuse the system? What happens if gold sellers try to abuse this? Has Anet thought of a solution to this problem?

It's not a code for a game account, but a code for the 'bundle' of items that were offered with the old 'Heroic Edition', i.e. Inventory box (18-slot), 4 Heroic boosters, and a choice of Krytan, Primeval, or Profane Armor set. They really should have said one would be awarded the
Heroic Chest

Someone that actually got the promotion to work posted a screen cap of the rewards message. The message seems to suggest that it is a game account code as it mentions going to the registration page and entering the serial code.

It's doing wonders for the popularity of the app. When I looked before the promotion started it was showing just over 10,000 downloads on Google Play, now it's over 50,000 and showing as the number 1 food and drink app and it's still only the first day.

Of course a lot of those people can't go to a store if they wanted to and others won't bother, but I guess it's still good promotion for them.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's not a code for a game account, but a code for the 'bundle' of items that were offered with the old 'Heroic Edition', i.e. Inventory box (18-slot), 4 Heroic boosters, and a choice of Krytan, Primeval, or Profane Armor set. They really should have said one would be awarded the
Heroic Chest

WrongAt reddit already people confirmed that they get (on shady App Error reload) over 10 Codes by there own and this Code Work to Upgrade an f2p Account to an normal gw2 Account. So its worth Like an Code game Key!

So gold Sellers and spammers will Love this promo. :(

May be a overseen of anet and the Tea company or the start of freeing Core game from f2p restricitions for all soon...

Archived