Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

@Miss Lana.5276 said:

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:Arby's > KFT

The sandwich that looks like Rytlock.

Which is just another marketing distraction from the KFT fiasco.

Arby's does a lot of advertising for anime shows too. It's hardly new if you follow them. And quite honestly, I would rather they sponsor up with Arby's. This is coming from someone who hates warmed up cold-cuts on a sandwich.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I don't really know what to do.

My girlfriend is a F2P player. I bought the game and the first expansion long ago when I had money from a job I'm no longer at.

I was hoping to get her an upgrade to heroic from this promotion, so as soon as it started I downloaded the app, and I got ready with an instagram account. I tried every day for the first few days to connect them and was never able to. I've been waiting ever since they shut it down.

I'm told some people actually had people hand them codes from this thread, which is crazy because I compare posting here to all the hours I spent trying to link accounts on the tea app....maybe I should have posted here way earlier when codes were flying around like hotcakes, you know?

Anyway, I hope this gets fixed soon. I want to get my girlfriend out of f2p land but we're stuck waiting.

@Mister Asdasd.6194 said:To me it looks like most people are angry because they cant get the full base game for free anymore without f2p restrictions, was it really planned to give every US player a free version of their base game in the first place?Most people? I doubt it. Everyone posting here already has a paid for edition of the game. Some may want unrestricted secondary accounts, but I don't expect that would be most people.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@"phs.6089" said:Has it been fixed yet?

Check the Kung Fu Tea website.

No update since the 13th, it still just says it's paused while they try to fix the issues. I wouldn't expect an update in the next 24 hours (until 9am Monday morning, US east coast time), and probably later than that.

I really hope they tell us something on Monday because we're over 1/2 way through the promotion and so far all we've had is "it's not working" "there are hackers taking advantage of it" "it's been paused" "it's now restricted to US residents" "it's still paused" and then silence.

I haven't read the whole topic and followed the event but that seems a great idea.

That being said.. i do miss times where you had contests or giveaways in game and not through some application or internet site. Was much better, gathered everyone, and didn't have to deal with common technical issues ( what seems to happen)

@"Fig.8257" said:I drove 30 miles out to finally find one that even carried the drink. I did everything in app...now it says "the drawing will be in 14 days"...did this thing get changed again!? Please dont tell me I spent money for some black lion chest irl

For the cost of driving out 30 miles you could probably just have bought it directly from Anet lol

@"Fig.8257" said:I drove 30 miles out to finally find one that even carried the drink. I did everything in app...now it says "the drawing will be in 14 days"...did this thing get changed again!? Please dont tell me I spent money for some black lion chest irl

That's weird, for the sweepstakes their webpage says 1 daily winner will get a $5 dollar credit and the GW2 Deluxe Collection. To me that should mean each day they would be drawing a winner for those who participated in that part of the promotion. Who knows though. Maybe they will be selecting each daily winner at the end of the month which seems weird as well given the phrasing. The whole promotion is just odd.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@"MornJack.3579" said:The worst part in all this pathetic story, is that you can find in Tyria the "A side adventurers", who feel bad when they see the outfit ingame, because they can't have it. And the "B side adventurers", who feels bad and don't even want to use this outfit because they feel guilty of being lucky ...:-(

Yep. I wish I'd given the codes I got to my friends who really wanted it. At the time I was thinking I'll figure the whole process out and then I can help them get their own codes later on. I was actually writing an unofficial FAQ for this forum when the promotion was pulled.

My first step was to give my guildies codes and then (they are aware of my idea), i wanted to create an [eu] server event (at lion arch maybe) to giveaway the last ones. With an advertisement here... For Pink Day in LA... I guess.But now, i'm still waiting for an answer from both supports (i'm sure i'll never have it now).I still want to offer these codes. Just wait and see if they become usable again. Hope...

I thought the drawings were supposed to be daily? A pretty small prize for a chain if they are only going to do 1 or 2 in the month it runs.

@MornJack.3579 said:>I still want to offer these codes. Just wait and see if they become usable again. Hope…

Probably not. The KFT blog states : «We’re working to make sure all eligible participants who were not able to redeem their serial code reward will be able to reclaim a new set of serial codes after the campaign resumes»

KFT replied to me on fb when I expressed concern that there won't be enough time to get a code when they finally unpause the promotion. They said there will be enough time for people to get one but I am unconvinced. What if they only unpause it with a few days left to go and the app has issues again that make it not work like before?

Archived