Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Those who did receive the codes via email, was it the email you used to create your KFT account? If so, was that email different from your social media email account? I don't remember what email account is associated with my social media account, as that social media account is quite old.

The email I used to sign up with them and the email that goes with the social media account I used are the same, so I can't help you out there. But look at your PMs.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashen.2907 said:

@"Deimos.4263" said:I'm sorry but this "solution" just plain isn't good enough.

I'm not in the USA. I have plenty of American friends that could get me a code, and have offered to do so. I'm quite tech savvy enough to spoof my location and you'd never know. But I'm not a liar, or a cheat. I wish this company could say the same.

But you know what? I no longer want the kitten t-shirt with
your logo
on it. You've lost a customer today, because I won't be treated like a second-class person because of my location. You
could
have fixed this, easily, and you chose not to do so. So say goodbye to $150 USD in revenue I fork over each and every week. I'm not leaving the game but I'm done giving you my money.

Its probably not because of your location, but rather the laws enacted by your (representative?) government.Even so, sorry this hit you (and others) so hard.

Then they should of dotted the I's and crossed the T's properly, like any multi million operation would do when engaging in cross promotional marketing, or make an effort to correct this issue with those customers when something goes awry. Fact is both KFT and ANET have chosen to ignore those customers affected by KFT's mid promo revision, preferring to ignore the request for answers and play silent, waiting for it to blow over, which of course it will soon enough.Sure there are absolutely going to be locale issues to be addressed, when putting out a global promo.. yes it was global, there was no such restriction on the advert or the app to obtain the heroic and t-shirt codes, only the deluxe promo was restricted, for very obvious reason.But hey lets now think it's a great idea to get all those same players that got let down by this bait and switch malarkey and ask them to go forth and drum up a few additional global promo pipelines for them.. no thanks, I got better things to do with my time.To even come out and praise that idea is nothing short of another slap in the face, cos if such opportunities in fact did manifest, why could this promo not of been addresses to overcome those same barriers that will undoubtedly exist.Nah I agree with the poster back up... enjoy the game but keep the wallet closed. Being in second class does save money I guess.

I've supported ANET vehemently on many hot potatoes over the years, especially of late, but this one I won't out of principal. Someone screwed up on both sides of this promo and it should of been rectified to appease the whole player base not just a portion of it..

I received 3 codes within a few minutes of each other, due to loading issues in the app causing me to have to close/refresh multiple times, at one point right before the promotion was shut down... I never got to open the messages and see/use the codes until now. I tried using my codes... they don't work. :( I live in the US

I have not received any codes through email, only the codes I previously received in the app's message section. Are the ones in emails new? If so, I guess that is my issue and hope I get one soon.

@Lpfan.3578 said:I received 3 codes within a few minutes of each other, due to loading issues in the app causing me to have to close/refresh multiple times, at one point right before the promotion was shut down... I never got to open the messages and see/use the codes until now. I tried using my codes... they don't work. :( I live in the US

I have not received any codes through email, only the codes I previously received in the app's message section. Are the ones in emails new? If so, I guess that is my issue and hope I get one soon.

Previous codes were disabled, you will need to claim a code again. If you are not seeing the option in the social rewards, try making a new account and a fresh throw-away fb to link to it.

It's been a half hour since I claimed my reward with the KFT app, and I still haven't received any codes by email. I did receive the "Welcome to Kung Fu Tea!" message, so I know they have the right address.

Location services for the KFT app are enabled and the app is connected to my Twitter account.

In the KFT app, under Social Rewards/Profiles, I have a message that says:

Sender: Kung Fu TeaDate: Thu 20 Sep 16:44Title: You've claimed your GW2 Rewards!Body: Thanks for claiming the GW2 reward. Your codes will be emailed to your email associated with your Kung Fu Tea account.

So far, I've received no codes from KFT or any other address, "spam" or otherwise.

I've seen other players say they got theirs in minutes.

Is it supposed to take this long? Is there anything I can do?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

@"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:I used the same e-mail for both.

That is not helpful in determining which email the app uses to send the codes.

If you’ve forgotten the email or just plain didn’t get the items you might just do it again with a fake account and a different/new email. I made a fake Instagram account and a new email for this and had no problems getting the codes today.

Edit: I used google mail and it took about a minute to get the codes.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

If you’ve forgotten the email or just plain didn’t get the items you might just do it again with a fake account and a different/new email. I made a fake Instagram account and a new email for this and had no problems getting the codes today.

So, are you saying you know for a fact it is using the email associated with the social media account, rather than the email associated with the KFT account? Because I know the email associated with the KFT account, and received email welcoming me to KFT back on September 1st.

In the future don't do promotions for companies that only want your email and pers info to sell to scammers. Any app that wants you to connect via google facebook or any social site ESP WHEN ITS A COFFEE STORE APP that has nothing to do with social networking then they are probably just going to sell your info like all the so called "free" apps and promotions.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

So, are you saying you know for a fact it is using the email associated with the social media account, rather than the email associated with the KFT account? Because I know the email associated with the KFT account, and received email welcoming me to KFT back on September 1st.

No, I used the same email for each.

What I am saying is if you can’t retrieve your codes you might as well make a new email and social media.

I feel like this has been derailed by "who do you think we should partner up with" rather than actually trying to be inclusive of non-US players and addressing the problems that have yet to be addressed.

Also an FYI - any non-US player can get the codes by using a VPN. A few in my guild have done it, and it's easy enough to do. There are even VPN apps that do it for you.

I don't understand why the outfit and heroic code were limited to US-only when it's not even a physical item. It's a reward in-game that anyone can receive at any time, anywhere. I'm still mad about KFT changing the rules halfway through, and still no actual response about that from any Anet PR - or even KFT THEMSELVES!

Archived