Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So resuming, this became a scam for every player around the world that isn't an US resident since the 4th of this month, and it continues to be a scam after all these days we had to wait for a solution...

It had to take so long to just re-activate this stuff and continue giving the codes, but still excluding everyone except US only players? Seriously?

@Felicity.9406 said:Am really sad that us outside of the USA, can't get it, I adore little offers like this. Wish there was a way for NON US people to get it! Please ANET have a promotion that includes us too!!

A few people, myself included, have mentioned it's easy enough to get with a VPN.

That being said, I'm sick of being an afterthought with these people. I'm as much a player as anyone else is, and I'm tired of being left out.

@Felicity.9406 said:Am really sad that us outside of the USA, can't get it, I adore little offers like this. Wish there was a way for NON US people to get it! Please ANET have a promotion that includes us too!!

If they really wanted to, I think it would not have been too difficult for them to add an ingame parallel way of obtaining the codes for non-US players.

Could have been something like «get your daily rewards15 times in a month and get the codes» or «kill a world boss once a day for 15 days and get the codes», and also some options for PVP and WvW players too.

I'm not a programmer, but I don't think something more or less like that should have been too hard to implement.

Potential problem...

I installed the KFT app when the promotion started and was not lucky enough to get a code for the emblem outfit.

Promotion resumes, I log into the app, see promotion, and got email. Not only for the outfit but also Heroic Edition.

I read to find out why I got both and learn it is now for US only... I'm in Canada.

If I use the codes will I get my account suspended?

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I think some people need to chill a bit.

Say the one who got his codes.

Would be amusing to see if you would be so chilled if you were on the other side of the fence.

I have been on the other side of the fence many many times with many companies and many promotions.People need to stop acting as if country-locked promotions are something new. It's pretty standard, especially for a promotion that involves a company with physical stores limited to an area.

@Kong.3280 said:Potential problem...

I installed the KFT app when the promotion started and was not lucky enough to get a code for the emblem outfit.

Promotion resumes, I log into the app, see promotion, and got email. Not only for the outfit but also Heroic Edition.

I read to find out why I got both and learn it is now for US only... I'm in Canada.

Alot of us on EU got the outfit. People are also using VPN to get it now on EU. You will be fine.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:They should just put the outfit in the Gemstore for zero gems. That would be a nice gesture to all the players who were shut out because they were on the wrong side of invisible lines on the ground.

It's not just invisible lines on the ground. Most of us are across water too. Big water, ocean water! It's really tough to get out there you know.

You can use codes from anywhere in the world, the restriction is (supposed to be) on getting the codes through the app. Anet have actually encouraged people who get codes they don't need to give them to those who can't get them so you'll be fine using a code you got yourself.

@Plautze.6290 said:Oh man, if there was just a way to get this outfit as non-US player.I mean, if there was something like a GW2 KFT workaround... ah well!Seems like I'm badly out of luck here.dramatic sigh

If there was something like that I'm sure we would have read it by now, maybe via Google.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:I think some people need to chill a bit.

Say the one who got his codes.

Would be amusing to see if you would be so chilled if you were on the other side of the fence.

I have been on the other side of the fence many many times with many companies and many promotions.People need to stop acting as if country-locked promotions are something new. It's pretty standard, especially for a promotion that involves a company with physical stores limited to an area.

How to completely miss the whole gist of the thread.Yes the deluxe promo was obviously location specific.. unless non US players felt jumping on a plane to get to a KFT for a milky tea was good value for money.The heroic promo had no such restriction, did not require going into a KFT, it was a reward simply for downloading the app and linking your SM.. therefore shop location was irrelevant.You don't changes terms mid promo especially as underhanded as this was done.If it was an error then rectification to appease all customers should of been the number one priority for both KFT and ANET … not silence and ignorance and KFT should of instantly communicated out that all data was being removed from their systems for all those customers no longer able to be included in this mess of a cross promo.. but not even that happened.

@Danikat.8537 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:They should just put the outfit in the Gemstore for zero gems. That would be a nice gesture to all the players who were shut out because they were on the wrong side of invisible lines on the ground.

It's not just invisible lines on the ground. Most of us are across water too. Big water, ocean water! It's really tough to get out there you know.

You can use codes from anywhere in the world, the restriction is (supposed to be) on getting the codes through the app. Anet have actually encouraged people who get codes they don't need to give them to those who can't get them so you'll be fine using a code you got yourself.

@Plautze.6290 said:Oh man, if there was just a way to get this outfit as non-US player.I mean, if there was something like a
GW2 KFT workaround
... ah well!Seems like I'm badly out of luck here.
dramatic sigh

If there was something like that I'm sure we would have
read it
by now, maybe via
Google

Yeah, one may still dream, right?

I'd like to know if Chris Cleary's claim, that players could gift codes to "whomever they want" still stands, now that Kung Fu Tea has changed the promotion to being U.S. only.

If e.g. someone from the U.S. received a code from Kung Fu Tea and decided to gift it to someone from e.g. Europe, could the person from Europe redeem the rewards on his/her EU account without the dangers of being banned over it?

To my knowledge, ever since the promotion is up again, there is even a passus in the code distribution emails which states that "the codes are non-transferable, not for resale, etc.". This sounds/reads like giving away codes is either not an option anymore (another thing that changed mid promotion?) or was never even intended to begin with.

@Gaile Gray.6029 Could you please help us out with some clarification on that?

I sent a email asking KFT to addere to GDPR (LEGAL EU policy for data) and delete and remove my data that had been in my opinion sourced illegally - I agreed to you having my data, for your side of the bargain a code. The code didnt happen so please remove my data.I have had no reply.Also out of interest, any of you EU people. Try uninstalling the app, reinstalling use a VPN and login to the app with a new email... its states "the device has been stored, and cant login with different user name"So the app has store the data of my phone... permananty on a database, all without my permission - I am quite sure this is not legal within the EU, I have not agreed to this, or accepted any cookies etc.Any thoughts on this matter?

@"NicholaLord.2630" said:I sent a email asking KFT to addere to GDPR (LEGAL EU policy for data) and delete and remove my data that had been in my opinion sourced illegally - I agreed to you having my data, for your side of the bargain a code. The code didnt happen so please remove my data.I have had no reply.Also out of interest, any of you EU people. Try uninstalling the app, reinstalling use a VPN and login to the app with a new email... its states "the device has been stored, and cant login with different user name"So the app has store the data of my phone... permananty on a database, all without my permission - I am quite sure this is not legal within the EU, I have not agreed to this, or accepted any cookies etc.Any thoughts on this matter?

It didn't do that to me. I was able to download the app again, login using a different email address and link it to a different social media account. I didn't get a second code, presumably because I kept refusing to let it see my location (because I wasn't using a VPN, I just wanted to see what would happen) but it didn't say anything about storing the device or stop me using a second account. (In case it's relevant mine is an Android phone.)

If you want to try again you could use Bluestacks or another Android emulator on your PC.

Archived