Kung Fu Tea Promotion [Merged]

Gaile Gray.6029

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I already have my outfit, so this is not about being grumpy. I just want to say this:

Everything that is being offered through
means for a popular
game shouldn't be restricted to one region. You either include all your customers or you don't make it available
but only on location.

It was a joint promotion with a company that is
not
online and has
physical locations
they wanted to draw attention to.

Physical locations in countrys overseas as well, and changing the promotion as they did is going to hurt them and bring bad attention which is arguably worse than no attention.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:It was a joint promotion with a company that is not online

Yes, they are. They have a website and a smartphone app. They are online. Like I said, they could have limited they offer to "on location" only, because - obviously - they only agreed to this to sell more of their bubble tea (yuck), which is not available worldwide.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:I already have my outfit, so this is not about being grumpy. I just want to say this:

means for a popular
game shouldn't be restricted to one region. You either include all your customers or you don't make it available
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Physical locations in countrys overseas as well, and changing the promotion as they did is going to hurt them and bring
bad
attention which is arguably worse than
no
attention.

Oh they most definitely messed up and got bad attention from this, no doubt.Although I do not think it was a change of the promotion, I think that someone messed up and didn't think to add the US only disclaimer on both (perhaps assuming that having it on the one was enough indicator that it would apply to both). Still a bad move to not have all the terms up front and easily read, but I don't think it was intentional, just people being stupid.

They only have three locations outside the US, not really enough for them to consider promotions for yet.

It's very common to have different promotions for different regions, because of subtle changes in laws and terms that have to be included. Anet needs to find people to partner with to have similar promotions for the same rewards outside of the US. Everyone deserves a chance to get cool stuff. But what goes on behind the scenes of such things is not nearly as simple as a lot of people think.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Mewcifer.5198" said:It was a joint promotion with a company that is
not

Yes, they are. They have a website and a smartphone app. They
are
online. Like I said, they could have limited they offer to "on location" only, because - obviously - they only agreed to this to sell more of their bubble tea (yuck), which is not available worldwide.

Having an app and a website does not make it an online company. Those are just tools for the company that has physical locations that sells physical goods that people have to physically be there to obtain.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Well, I hate to waste a code if it doesn't reward the Armor. I wish such information would be available from the source, but....unlikely to happen.

Just tried it and received 2 heroic chests and 1 letter of influence. I did not previously have any of the heroic edition rewards.

• attempting a 3rd one claimed the code was already applied to my account

@Daroon.1736 said:As KFT are now replying to e-mails, I would suggest any non US players who were shafted send them this or a similar e-mail_There was no US only condition for this promotion in either your terms or advertising when I installed the app, neither was there any such condition when I linked my Instagram account.The botched manner in which this promotion was handled gave me no confidence that your company could be trusted with my personal data and therefore the app has been deleted from my phone and the Instagram account access revoked.

As a gesture of goodwill and as a courtesy to all those other people who were mislead, I would politely request that the least you could do is to provide myself and anyone else who requests it the DLC codes originally advertised as being unconditionally free._

Please feel free to copy/paste and send to info@popdeem.com

Well I sent them the e-mail with the above as quoted by Daroon, but I also did get them to remove my personal data (in a month's time according to their e-mail) from their database via being mislead and not being in the USA and if I get a reply on the above response I will let you know!

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Anet needs to find people to partner with to have similar promotions for the same rewards outside of the US. Everyone deserves a chance to get >cool stuff. But what goes on behind the scenes of such things is not nearly as simple as a lot of people think.

Seeing how few similar promotions they made since the beginning of the game, either they are not trying very hard, or they are extremely unlucky in their tries. And seeing how badly this one went, I'm not sure they want to try and repeat the process anytime soon.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Have you actually read this thread at all, have you actually looked at what the whole issues are based around.. if you have, then how in the world did you come up with that statement?Of course they are online, there app has been available for well over a year, they have run numerous online and app based promo's and to top it all off why have ANET come out on at least three occasions in this thread alone and said go to the KFT website to get answers to the issues and why would they want social media permissions... why do they have a reward system online and via the app... hmmm maybe go take an actual look.

UPDATE:Hello,This is a receipt confirming your erasure request according to Article 17 under GDPR.We acknowledge your request to remove all personal data associated with your account, and we are now processing your request.This request is being processed by "Somnium Ltd." (t/a Popdeem.com) of your request, and they will provide confirmation directly to you via email once your request has been fulfilled. This request will be completed within a one-month period from this receipt.If you have any further questions please contact info@popdeem.com.Best,Kung Fu Tea

@Rayti.6531 said:

@"Talonblaze.3175" said:If someone could source me the saying on 'sharing codes' being allowed; would appreciate that.Would rather give my code to someone who needs/could use it since I already have my Primeval gear from years ago. All I'd get out of it is the bag and boosters.

Got the shirt, which is the only thing I wanted.

Here’s what Chris Cleary said about it:"Feel free to give the codes (heroic edition or outfit) out to whomever you want! We're only closing the new accounts being created by players who are trying to abuse the promotion to create a bunch of new heroic edition accounts."

That was before the promotion was closed down and restarted, but I can't see any reason it would have changed. If anything the fixes they did in the meantime should have made it less of an issue because codes are now restricted to 1 per customer, so there's less risk of being given a code by someone who has been taking advantage of the bugs to generate hundreds of codes.

Actually, since the promotion was restarted the email your codes come with states that the codes are non-transferable. To me this is reason enough to believe something might have changed...

There's no way to tell if they have been transferred though. The facebook that I linked to the KFT app used a completely different email to the one I have for my main gw2 account. Not only that, but KFT doesn't have access to see what email I use with my gw2 account.

There is no way for them to tell whether it's been transferred from someone else, or if it's one you personally were sent.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Have you actually read this thread at all, have you actually looked at what the whole issues are based around.. if you have, then how in the world did you come up with that statement?Of course they are online, there app has been available for well over a year, they have run numerous online and app based promo's and to top it all off why have ANET come out on at least three occasions in this thread alone and said go to the KFT website to get answers to the issues and why would they want social media permissions... why do they have a reward system online and via the app... hmmm maybe go take an actual look.

Please enlighten me as to how I can purchase, receive, and drink a tea from them over the internet.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Please enlighten me as to how I can purchase, receive, and drink a tea from them over the internet.

Is that your theory for them not being online.... perhaps ask KFT on their blog or on their SM pages..... whilst your at it why not peddle that same hairbrain theory to any of the plethora of businesses that might not sell a product online yet have a definite online presence...Then again having seen how poorly KFT have handled their side of this cross promo fiasco I wouldn't order anything from them online now anyway or walk in to one of their teahouses even if they were right next door.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Is that your theory for them not being online.... perhaps ask KFT on their blog or on their SM pages..... whilst your at it why not peddle that same hairbrain theory to any of the plethora of businesses that might not sell a product online yet have a definite online presence...Then again having seen how poorly KFT have handled their side of this cross promo fiasco I wouldn't order anything from them online now anyway or walk in to one of their teahouses even if they were right next door.

Having an online presence is not the same as being an online company.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:I'm still surprised no one has left any comments on the KFT blog. That would seem to be a place to express discontent.

Or, people are leaving comments, and they are invisible to me.

I tried leaving a comment, but all comments have to be approved by KFT and it seems mine wasn't. I can only assume that KFT is silencing any criticism on their own platform.

Protest from me too, being a non-US resident, I can't understand why region based benefits continue to exist like this, given we are all one international GW community. Not sure why ANet wants to discriminate against it's loyal non-US residents, especially when we have no option or chance to redeem these kind of promotions. It does leave a bitter taste in the mouth, purely out of principal, and does make us feel segregated.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Gees go take a look at their website.. then go take a look at the merchandise they sell.. then come back and tell us all about your next baseless idea.If your still not convinced, spend over $25 and they will ship you some milk tea for free

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

Gees go take a look at their website.. then go take a look at the merchandise they sell.. then come back and tell us all about your next baseless idea.If your still not convinced, spend over $25 and they will ship you some milk tea for free

They only ship to the US. So how would a worldwide promotion give them more customers?

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

They only ship to the US. So how would a worldwide promotion give them more customers?

That is not what you said.. you claimed they had no online presence.. you asked could you buy a milky tea.. etc etc.. so far all your posting have been kind of baseless and meaningless.. clearly you have not bothered to read the thread or what you have posted.You could of just said, ooh yes sorry didn't look into the facts to back up your claims.. but hey ho

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

That is not what you said.. you claimed they had no online presence.. you asked could you buy a milky tea.. etc etc.. so far all your posting have been kind of baseless and meaningless.. clearly you have not bothered to read the thread or what you have posted.You could of just said, ooh yes sorry didn't look into the facts to back up your claims.. but hey ho

I did not say they had no online presence, I said they were not an online company. The idea being that if they do not sell world wide then why would they participate in a world wide promotion. They do offer some items than can be ordered online that I did not know about before, sure. But those items are also restricted to the US.

So the idea of what I was saying still stands unchanged: that it is perfectly normal and commonplace for a promotion to be region-specific especially if it is a joint promotion in which one of the companies involved only does business in a certain region.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

I did not say they had no online presence, I said they were not an online company. The idea being that if they do not sell world wide then why would they participate in a world wide promotion. They do offer some items than can be ordered online that I did not know about before, sure. But those items are also restricted to the US.

So the idea of what I was saying still stands unchanged: that it is perfectly normal and commonplace for a promotion to be region-specific especially if it is a joint promotion in which one of the companies involved only does business in a certain region.

And so you have gone full circle back to your original post and I will give you the same answer.. the whole crux around this is, as already stated... that this promo was not region specific it was globally advertised online, even by ANET.. only the deluxe promo had restriction, for obvious reasoning as I already said. The Heroic promo does not require purchase, does not require visiting a store.. it is an online promotion using their app and SM privileges in return for codes to gain ANET goodies.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

means for a popular
but only on location.

not
online and has
physical locations

And so you have gone full circle back to your original post and I will give you the same answer.. the whole crux around this is, as already stated... that this promo was not region specific it was globally advertised online, even by ANET.. only the deluxe promo had restriction, for obvious reasoning as I already said. The Heroic promo does not require purchase, does not require visiting a store.. it is an online promotion using their app and SM privileges in return for codes to gain ANET goodies.

Seems like you have not read other things I said in this thread. Either way, I find talking to you to be pointless for me. So this will be my last reply.

Archived