Loss of health and damage

Paribo.7983

I have played gw1 and gw2 for a very long time. Have made many characters, deleted many characters. I have noticed recently that several of my characters have been steadily losing health and doing less damage. One of my reapers had 37k health, began losing health and when it stopped, ended up having 34k health. Not being fun anymore, I deleted her. I did not change armor, traits or weapons, the health simply disappeared. It has now started happening again with my elementalist. She had 15,232 health, now it is 15,032, a loss of 200 health. She consistently did damage in the range of 4.5 to 5k+. Again, I did not change armor, weapons, traits or anything else. She is now doing 3k to an occasional 4k damage, a loss of about 1.5k damage. I have no idea what happened to bring about this change. Again, I did not change anything, she is exactly the same as she was when doing 4.5k to 5k+ damage and when she had 15232 health. Things simply changed. I would like to know what happened and why. Any ideas?

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Talonblaze.3175 said:This is likely due to WvW world bonuses affect stats. The better your world/server does, the more bonuses. Could be wrong however.

WvW bonuses, Power of The Mists, were removed with the June 2017 Competitive Feature Pack.

Just goes to show how long i haven't done Wvw then. XD My bad. Sorry. Thanks!

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Paribo.7983" said:Thanks for the comments, however I would not consider a loss of 1.5k damage "minor". It is about a loss of 30+% damage.

Well considering you only had 4.5 to start with when elementalists have usualy have been betten 35-44k it is pretty minor.

well, I guess it depends upon which skill you are talking about. My ele using fireball hits from 4.5k-5+k per hit, or used to. If you want to talk about meteor shower, then I think 35-44k is quite low as my ele can hit well over 70k with a full channel, as least she used to be able to. In reality, I guess I should have known better than to ask for help in this game. Not only has the game changed dramatically, but the people playing it have changed as well. It is a sad change.

@Paribo.7983 said:

@Paribo.7983 said:Thanks for the comments, however I would not consider a loss of 1.5k damage "minor". It is about a loss of 30+% damage.

Well considering you only had 4.5 to start with when elementalists have usualy have been betten 35-44k it is pretty minor.

well, I guess it depends upon which skill you are talking about. My ele using fireball hits from 4.5k-5+k per hit, or used to. If you want to talk about meteor shower, then I think 35-44k is quite low as my ele can hit well over 70k with a full channel, as least she used to be able to. In reality, I guess I should have known better than to ask for help in this game. Not only has the game changed dramatically, but the people playing it have changed as well. It is a sad change.

Well, what you're saying makes zero sense. For example, if you haven't changed your gear, it's literally impossible for your Reaper to have lost any health. No piece of equipment has lost any Vitality, and the only possible change to health from Reaper's release to now was an increase of 180 Vitality on Vital Persistence, which would raise your health by 1800.

What range of time are you talking about that numbers have been dropping over? That will help people to narrow things down.

Also, are you perhaps changing zones? When you go into lower level zones, your stats get decreased. This has been true since game launch.

What are you running? I consistently get 6k-7k crit with fireball, and I don't run full zerk. They made a lot of big changes to Ele traits recently, Air spec now grants more ferocity instead of precision, elements of rage trait in weaver now converts vitality into precision, so marauder gear helps you increase crit chance, while still maintaining high ferocity with the change to a couple air traits, and the weaver trait that now grants ferocity when attuned to air.

• 4 years later...
On 9/14/2018 at 1:38 PM, Paribo.7983 said:

I have played gw1 and gw2 for a very long time. Have made many characters, deleted many characters. I have noticed recently that several of my characters have been steadily losing health and doing less damage. One of my reapers had 37k health, began losing health and when it stopped, ended up having 34k health. Not being fun anymore, I deleted her. I did not change armor, traits or weapons, the health simply disappeared. It has now started happening again with my elementalist. She had 15,232 health, now it is 15,032, a loss of 200 health. She consistently did damage in the range of 4.5 to 5k+. Again, I did not change armor, weapons, traits or anything else. She is now doing 3k to an occasional 4k damage, a loss of about 1.5k damage. I have no idea what happened to bring about this change. Again, I did not change anything, she is exactly the same as she was when doing 4.5k to 5k+ damage and when she had 15232 health. Things simply changed. I would like to know what happened and why. Any ideas?

I've noticed all damage on my account has drop to nothing and I know why it was done.  In my case, there's nothing to do but stop playing the game so 2022 will most likely be it for me.  The "devs" don't like reproach and you'll pay for it.  I really wish I could get all my money back that was pumped into the game over the years.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Horace.3184 said:

I've noticed all damage on my account has drop to nothing and I know why it was done.  In my case, there's nothing to do but stop playing the game so 2022 will most likely be it for me.  The "devs" don't like reproach and you'll pay for it.  I really wish I could get all my money back that was pumped into the game over the years.

You just did some high level necromancy here... At this point it's almost paleontology!

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

On 9/14/2018 at 6:43 PM, Paribo.7983 said:

Just wanted to add, my elementalist has a crit rate of 79.52% and critical damage of 228.2%

You appear to be threating to leave because your own skills have dropped, which is odd to say the least.

i only play ele, and my damage has went up in last 6 months and health has not changed.  Skills have changed, you have not is the issue.  Btw are you aware you get a health boost from repairing?

55 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

You appear to be threating to leave because your own skills have dropped, which is odd to say the least.

i only play ele, and my damage has went up in last 6 months and health has not changed.  Skills have changed, you have not is the issue.  Btw are you aware you get a health boost from repairing?

Not in 2018 you don't 😛

OP probably lost a food buff or something, and this other dude is roleplaying as a thread necromancer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I assure you that they are not aware.  You are speaking to the ghost of a player.

But hey! At least people are using the search function and finding threads that already mention topics, instead of starting new threads!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

You necro so good, Joko would be proud. 

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Horace.3184 said:

When ANet doesn't like you they adjust the "Damage" dial on your account and then sit back and laugh at you while you struggle through content.  True story. 🍿

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1