Guys can we let this traits go?

rbbthole.9074

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:Ah yes, this week's thread about this.

With the addition of dodge traits as well.

Hilarious! Keep it up

Can you provide me a reason, or even a couple, on how this traits are an healthy things for this game?As you can see it's not a rant over a specific profession, but a spread game design that I found clearly unnecessary

Removing the "Lifesaver" traits will make the power creep even worse, since you will be able to flatly take down someone from 100 to 0 without any chance of reaction.And I am not talking about classes that are already capable of doing it. I mean everyone else that can use 2-3 sources of damage in 0,5 seconds.

@"SoulSin.5682" said:

Removing the "Lifesaver" traits will make the power creep even worse, since you will be able to flatly take down someone from 100 to 0 without any chance of reaction.And I am not talking about classes that are already capable of doing it. I mean everyone else that can use 2-3 sources of damage in 0,5 seconds.

I doubt, class mechanics will prevent this at some extent. Aegis, protection, block, evade, invuln will still be there... The problem will be around the sneaky oneshot, and perhaps the removal of these trait will make it clearer what to balance. I'm not talking about class balance but about the removal of a game design that lead us toward an "afk playstyle"

Edit#1: Thanks for the contribution (:

I agree with you on the following skills:-Elusive Mind (no real lockdown possible but I argue that the mirage being able to dodge while CCed(without the trait) is the main problem)-Self-Regulating Defenses (basicly an elite (Renewed Focus)) as a passive which can be combined with the active and even traited for an additional second for up to 7sec invuln-Instant Reflexes 2sec is a bit too much especially as you can attack and heal without counterplay-Defy Pain but only because it's chainable with the active and you are able to attack while it's active

All others are somewhat okay (some could use a tweak, that's it) as they can be mostly countered or at least be reacted to. They don't eliminate counter play completely like the ones I listed.

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@"SoulSin.5682" said:

I doubt, class mechanics will prevent this at some extent. Aegis, protection, block , evade , invuln will still be there... The problem will be around the sneaky oneshot,and perhaps the removal of these trait will make it clearer what to balance. I'm not talking about class balance but about the removal of a game design that lead us toward an "afk playstyle"

The only person going AFK is the guy that is wasting skills on a Warrior with endure pain. Can't say for the fingers in the keyboard but their mind clearly went "Away".

I understand that these traits can be frustrating, bu I fail to understand how a person playing a build that takes down a player in 1 second can't live another 3 seconds to wait for the effect to drop down to burst said down again.

"Oh but its unfair that he gets to live 4 seconds longer because of this afk skill". And where it was fair that your were about to knock him down from 100 to 0 in a second?

Also, majority of these builds can be outirght skipped with condi damage. Its not like the game doesn't offer you a way to counter it.

@"SoulSin.5682" said:The only person going AFK is the guy that is wasting skills on a Warrior with endure pain. Can't say for the fingers in the keyboard but their mind clearly went "Away".

I understand that these traits can be frustrating, bu I fail to understand how a person playing a build that takes down a player in 1 second can't live another 3 seconds to wait for the effect to drop down to burst said down again.

"Oh but its unfair that he gets to live 4 seconds longer because of this afk skill". And where it was fair that your were about to knock him down from 100 to 0 in a second?

Also, majority of these builds can be outirght skipped with condi damage. Its not like the game doesn't offer you a way to counter it.

I disagree, endure pain skill isn't the problem the auto triggered one is. Plus you are bringing on the table how this game is went too far on power creep, I'm not!What I dislike isn't the fact that player can survive 4 second more, but the fact that they doesn't have to do anything to achieve it. I'm complaining about the design that play for player. Of course the 100-0 isn't an healthy thing, you doens't need to explain it to me.

@"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

I agree with you on the following skills:-Elusive Mind (no real lockdown possible but I argue that the mirage being able to dodge while CCed(without the trait) is the main problem)-Self-Regulating Defenses (basicly an elite (Renewed Focus)) as a passive which can be combined with the active and even traited for an additional second for up to 7sec invuln-Instant Reflexes 2sec is a bit too much especially as you can attack and heal without counterplay-Defy Pain but only because it's chainable with the active and you are able to attack while it's active

All others are somewhat okay (some could use a tweak, that's it) as they can be mostly countered or at least be reacted to. They don't eliminate counter play completely like the ones I listed.

How can you play around, for example, this? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Silent_Scope

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

How can you play around, for example, this?

Same as any stealth: hold/recapture your nodes, time your dodge.

@Airdive.2613 said:

This doesn't work like any other stealth man, usually you have to use a skill or a combination of skills (es: 5>2 on d/p) to go stealth (active play) instead of dodging and gain strong effect (auto play). Expecially for a profession that, by design, doesn't lack dodge at all.

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@"Airdive.2613" said:

This doesn't work like any other stealth man, usually you have to use a skill or a combination of skills (es: 5>2 on d/p) to go stealth (active play) instead of dodging and gain strong effect (auto play). Expecially for a profession that, by design, doesn't lack dodge at all.

You use your dodge to activate the trait. "Dodge to stealth": wasted evade frames, wasted time, lost damage (if you're pressured to dodge mid-cast). These are downsides for a profession with little else besides evades and burst damage.

@"Airdive.2613" said:

You use your dodge to activate the trait. "Dodge to stealth": wasted evade frames, wasted time, lost damage (if you're pressured to dodge mid-cast). These are downsides for a profession with little else besides evades and burst damage.

Why wasted evade frame, time or damage? That trait is chainable, by itself, with:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow%27s_Embracehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Meld_with_Shadowshttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Resilience_of_Shadows(just to call a couple of them)

For no effort at all, you shouldn't talk about waste. Expecially when it give you crazy opener like:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Death%27s_Judgmenthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Three_Round_Burst (previous kneel)https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Malicious_Backstab (previous weapon swap)

Edit#1: TypoEdit#2: Lemme clarify this too, it isn't a thief complain (I main it too!), because almost every class got this desing in some trait.

@rbbthole.9074 said:

@"Schnuschnu.9857" said:

How can you play around, for example, this?

The first version had no counterplay as you gain the invis at the start of the dodge. Now you gain it at the end. You can attack the position the enemy dodged to right after the evade ends. You can even time a CC (not always possible but an option) at the spot. Or just use one of the many aoes in this game to bomb the spot. It is strong (and one of the effects which could use a tweak) but you can counter it somewhat. Also any reveal right after the dodge ends should kitten up the thief hard. The thief basicly wasted a dodge if this happens.

@SoulSin.5682 said:

Hilarious! Keep it up

Can you provide me a reason, or even a couple, on how this traits are an healthy things for this game?As you can see it's not a rant over a specific profession, but a spread game design that I found clearly unnecessary

HAYi am a glass power reaper and i dont have any "Lifesaver" traits and i can defeat power mirage/ de and core radiant guard in 1v1

@DragonFury.6243 said:

Hilarious! Keep it up

HAYi am a glass power reaper and i dont have any "Lifesaver" traits and i can defeat power mirage/ de and core radiant guard in 1v1

Your lifesaver is a second healthbar on a 9 second cooldown

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:Ah yes, this week's thread about this.

Hilarious! Keep it up

but its active lifesaver same as elixir S or defy pain and more and its not 9 sec cooldown its 10 and the cooldown doesn't matter what is matter is how much LF you can gain in a shot time window

@Blocki.4931 said:

Hilarious! Keep it up

It's a 10 second cooldown, and that second healthbar comes at the cost of the class lacking any of the damage avoidance or mobility capabilities that other classes have. Which makes the class trash at high levels of play because attack avoidance > health buffer especially in a meta where massive damage spikes are the norm.

If you think there's any way a war can exist in any competitive environment without at least Defy Pain you're incredibly unaware about the weaknesses of war, and your opinion of its balance is immediately null of value. Warrior is already a B tier class right now and you want more nerfs? Ridiculous.

@Poelala.2830 said:If you think there's any way a war can exist in any competitive environment without at least Defy Pain you're incredibly unaware about the weaknesses of war, and your opinion of its balance is immediately null of value. Warrior is already a B tier class right now and you want more nerfs? Ridiculous.

LoLbut the SB is a S tier class right nowand core warrior is one of the few viable core in game right knowdont believe me take a look at ele and necrocore necro is F tier class right nowreaper is a C tier class right nowscourge is a B+ tier class right nowele even worst

@rbbthole.9074 said:

Hilarious! Keep it up

Truth. Anyone that thinks these skills will be removed is just dreaming, bigtime. Removing these things isn't an option even worth discussing ... clearly Anet put them in the game with the exact intent and purpose they serve.

If those traits/effect were removed you'd soon find other traits/effects unbearable and ask ANet to remove them as well. Traits are part of the identity of each profession and trigger upon specific conditions, if you don't think that these traits have their place in PvP, then it just mean that professions and their set of own specificity don't have their place in your "ideal" PvP.

Now, know that PvE minigames like survival at southsun cove couldn't fit more what seem to be your idea of PvP. You get to fight other players without the help of any trait or any specific aspect of any profession.

Archived