HELP @ Anet

Little Snow.7142

@Bravesole.2684 said:

@foxof.8752 said:And if you were a clever cmd, you will avoid killing all the useless trebs, while keeps killing objective sieges, while new trebs keep getting build, thus no more defend sieges in objective, then you will can easily take down a T3.

No one cared about your T3s. We were looking for organized groups to fight.

You were looking on the wrong map for that, only thing are EB are Ktrains and siege campers. Gotta go to a BL to find actual groups worth fighting.

As I wrote earlier, we were fighting red on that map. They had two guild groups there. Blue also had a pugmander-lead group there, but apparently he tagged down.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SindeeCyanide.9687 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

"Every map has a set amount of siege you can place before you can’t place anymore. I believe it’s 180 pieces, with golems and rams having their own limit of 90 for rams and 50 for golems."Chaba.5410I look it up ,Siege weapon map limit

There are two basic hard limits to siege placement.

There is a limit to how many siege weapons can be placed within a certain radius of each other. 5 weapons (sites or completed weapons) can be set within any 1000 unit radius. If players try to place a new site somewhere within a radius that already has hit its limit, the placement will fail but the player will retain the weapon bundle in their hands.

There is also a hard limit to how many weapons can be placed on the map. This map limit is explained by Mike Ferguson of ArenaNet as "basically anything that is not a ram counts towards one 'limit' for the purpose of this explanation and each team can have up to 100 of these types of weapons out at any time per map. Each team can also have up to 100 rams placed on a map."[2] There is also a cap to the number of golems that can be made, which is a value of 65.[3]Siege weapon blockedWhile in Sanctuary areas, the effect Siege Deployment Blocked prevents siege weapon construction.

Oh hey I didn't know golems had a 65 cap, I would need to test this if it is still true today and I feel like the 100 cap is not true as I have done 130 catas multiple times before, maybe it is a time for a revisit with proper tracking

Please let us know the results of your tests!

which server r u in ?since u lwanted to test it out , i will be more then happy to test it out on ur server

@Chaba.5410 said:

@foxof.8752 said:And if you were a clever cmd, you will avoid killing all the useless trebs, while keeps killing objective sieges, while new trebs keep getting build, thus no more defend sieges in objective, then you will can easily take down a T3.

No one cared about your T3s. We were looking for organized groups to fight.

You were looking on the wrong map for that, only thing are EB are Ktrains and siege campers. Gotta go to a BL to find actual groups worth fighting.

As I wrote earlier, we were fighting red on that map. They had two guild groups there. Blue also had a pugmander-lead group there, but apparently he tagged down.

Sorry I was making that statement from the Blue side of things. Commander tagged down but was really only leading the train of pugs flipping easy things and not defending anything. Yes, I did notice quite a bit of action on SMC.

@Little Snow.7142 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

"Every map has a set amount of siege you can place before you can’t place anymore. I believe it’s 180 pieces, with golems and rams having their own limit of 90 for rams and 50 for golems."Chaba.5410I look it up ,Siege weapon map limit

There is a limit to how many siege weapons can be placed within a certain radius of each other. 5 weapons (sites or completed weapons) can be set within any 1000 unit radius. If players try to place a new site somewhere within a radius that already has hit its limit, the placement will fail but the player will retain the weapon bundle in their hands.

There is also a hard limit to how many weapons can be placed on the map. This map limit is explained by Mike Ferguson of ArenaNet as "basically anything that is not a ram counts towards one 'limit' for the purpose of this explanation and each team can have up to 100 of these types of weapons out at any time per map. Each team can also have up to 100 rams placed on a map."[2] There is also a cap to the number of golems that can be made, which is a value of 65.[3]Siege weapon blockedWhile in Sanctuary areas, the effect Siege Deployment Blocked prevents siege weapon construction.

Oh hey I didn't know golems had a 65 cap, I would need to test this if it is still true today and I feel like the 100 cap is not true as I have done 130 catas multiple times before, maybe it is a time for a revisit with proper tracking

which server r u in ?since u lwanted to test it out , i will be more then happy to test it out on ur server

I hope SBI or DB so I have someone to help keep count

@Little Snow.7142 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

Crystal Desert! We actually really did enjoy all those trebs that were built so seeing that many golems would be amazing.

@"Chaba.5410" said:

Crystal Desert! We actually really did enjoy all those trebs that were built so seeing that many golems would be amazing.

so you enjoy treb being build @ spawn point ? i'll make sure to have as much as i can around ,

@Twilightzone.7452 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

I hope SBI or DB so I have someone to help keep count

so that is the new tactic , , get a free acct , transfer some golds over , build as much sieges as you can from spawn point to to keep , water gate , all over , until tag or anyone unable to throw out siege , good way for other to win ,

Did you encounter the whole map siege cap of cata and AC due to all the trebs that further back near keep? That you cannot put cata on smc/objectives, cannot sneak cata from watchtower, cannot put AC to delay, cannot put counter cata?

It is enjoyable before it become a problem. Like i said, i will love the works if it is not interfere the normal activity.

And guest what, they now putting the useless trebs inside the keep, that eventually siege cap the keep itself. I log before can screencap after they done building, i saw the 2 x 2 trebs facing inner gates, 4 trebs at each inner walls, 2 trebs near lords at north. Blue keep.

@Little Snow.7142 said:

Djamonja ? r u in DB/ SBI ? ask anyone , we were unable to throw out siege

Yes, I am on SBI and I wasn't around when this treb thing happened. My understanding is that the map siege cap is at least 60, and since we didn't own SM, that would mean we had 60+ pieces of siege on our 3rd of EB. The trebs were stupid, but I don't think that will happen more than once in a blue moon.

@"Chaba.5410" said:

I know what I am doing next if we get CD !

@foxof.8752 said:

Did you encounter the whole map siege cap of cata and AC due to all the trebs that further back near keep? That you cannot put cata on smc/objectives, cannot sneak cata from watchtower, cannot put AC to delay, cannot put counter cata?

It is enjoyable before it become a problem. Like i said, i will love the works if it is not interfere the normal activity.

And guest what, they now putting the useless trebs inside the keep, that eventually siege cap the keep itself. I log before can screencap after they done building, i saw the 2 x 2 trebs facing inner gates, 4 trebs at each inner walls, 2 trebs near lords at north. Blue keep.

Strange, wasnt us as I saw those when I log in when I got home late from school, they looked like just gate trebs to me for defense. It was like 6 trebs in the lord area.

@"foxof.8752" said:

The map was capped on SBI BL near garrison just on reset night on a new link,I did make a video of it

@Little Snow.7142 said:so that is the new tactic , , get a free acct , transfer some golds over , build as much sieges as you can from spawn point to to keep , water gate , all over , until tag or anyone unable to throw out siege , good way for other to win ,

Nah, that's an ineffective way to win. Coverage and population still win. You're not losing because of trebs.

@Twilightzone.7452 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

I know what I am doing next if we get CD !

Are you SBI or DB? Because CD isn't a host anymore just FYI.

@Little Snow.7142 said:

@"Chaba.5410" said:

so you enjoy treb being build @ spawn point ? i'll make sure to have as much as i can around ,

Dude if you have it in you to build that many, and refresh them so that they don't despawn while you're waiting for supplies and can actually gather enough supplies to do that... You deserve to feel proud of your accomplishment lol

Archived