MAJOR STEALTH BUG fix fast pls

Forsty.7968

So im not sure if this belongs in pvp or not since i havent tried it out in wvw or pve but basically every time you unstealth, your shown on your original position aka where you started stealthing at. This gets interrupted by moving but if you do not move, youre permanently desynced. This Starts being a problem on deadeye since youre able to do large amounts of damage while completely still. Again i can provide video but i doubt its needed, just try it out with a friend. Stealth up and move next to your friend, let yourself unstealth and dont move.

Edit :

for the video

@Velimere.7685 said:I'm currently watching a streamer show you how to do this while keeping your character desynced in spawn so that's where the enemy team sees you (meaning they can't target you unless they're in range of your desync in spawn). It's amazing, really.

i really support abusing bugs. it’s the best way to put pressure on the devs to actually fix them

So that's what's up with the crazy stealth desyncing... haven't been PvPing much since Anet said to hell with it and put in new elites mid season. However I've been in WvW a lot. I've just been attributing it to lag or my PC. Been annoying getting ganked by either deadeye or Daredevil and not knowing where it's coming from til 3s later...and the thief could be 1200 away with rifle or in your face with dagger but you can't tell til it's too late.

@Undo.5091 said:I don't think so. I feel like this has been in the game for quite some time, but, before, there was never a reason for a player to stand still after teleporting while stealthed.

This is also what I think. I have experienced this stuff before, but very rare, since they would usually just move right after coming out of stealth. But the bug was definitely there, at least since PoF beta.

This really needs a fix. Looks like more people are catching onto this as my games are starting to have 4-6 sniper thieves.

@Gandarel.5091 said:It's especially bad with downed mesmers, when they use skill 2 and port somewhere there's no way of knowing where the mesmer actually is and they can get a free rally because of the time this buys them.

Best way around this is to use leaps and to attack with range but not using any movement skills, look at the direction your character is facing and run in the direction spamming 1 until you hit him. It's annoying AF but it works.

@Undo.5091 said:@Forsty.7968 I don't think so. I feel like this has been in the game for quite some time, but, before, there was never a reason for a player to stand still after teleporting while stealthed.

Mesmer downed state only having this problem now kind of kills this theory. It may have happened rarely in the past but something has changed to make it happen reliably now.

Tried it with Toss Elixir S/Smoke field blast then moving a ways out in stealth then standing in place out of stealth and attacking. If you move after the desync it goes back to normal?

I'd imagine it can work with stealthing a Scourge using Sand Swell? Or Stealthing a team at base and Mesmer porting them to each point and telling them not to move? Anything that can put you in one position quickly to another.

Everyone knew about the desync the first day, guess it was only a matter of time for people to figure out how to harness it.

Mesmer downed state only having this problem now kind of kills this theory. It may have happened rarely in the past but something has changed to make it happen reliably now.True that. Haven't though about mesmer. It must be recent.

And come on arenanet. Fix it already. PvP is a joke until you do it. Give some feedback, tell us that you are at least working on it.

Archived