Official Bug Report Thread: LWS4 Episode 4

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@"Starscream.6498" said:Same problem as Skielsthear's: in the "Storm Tracking" mission, after you protect Blish and you are instructed to run from the storm, the instance boundaries update visually on the minimap, but appear to remain the same as the ones during the protection event. As a result, following the green arrow/wings sprite gets you killed; retrying starts the event, but you keep dying as soon as you approach the first building in front of you, with the message saying you're leaving the instance boundaries.

EDIT: It seems to be the case that the playable area is erased entirely the first time you get the message. Even if you turn backwards and jump to where you just came from, the game kills you for going outside the playable area.

having this issue as well... stuck on the "Outrun" step no matter what I do. really hoping to continue the story soon, I was really enjoying it!

• ArenaNet Staff

@dognosh.6327 said:Devs moved my post here but not the title, so my post might be slightly vague.

Portal Tome S4 is bugged, clicking on Domain of Kourna takes you to Jahai Bluffs(I haven't got access to Jahai Bluffs yet)

Hi. We're trying to consolidate threads so that all the bugs are noted, rather than having a dozen threads with one-offs. You should be able to click the little gear in the upper right of your post and edit it. Once you've done that, I can delete the extra two posts. :)

@Kida.5863 said:

@"Starscream.6498" said:Same problem as Skielsthear's: in the "Storm Tracking" mission, after you protect Blish and you are instructed to run from the storm, the instance boundaries update visually on the minimap, but appear to remain the same as the ones during the protection event. As a result, following the green arrow/wings sprite gets you killed; retrying starts the event, but you keep dying as soon as you approach the first building in front of you, with the message saying you're leaving the instance boundaries.

EDIT: It seems to be the case that the playable area is erased entirely the first time you get the message. Even if you turn backwards and jump to where you just came from, the game kills you for going outside the playable area.

having this issue as well... stuck on the "Outrun" step no matter what I do. really hoping to continue the story soon, I was really enjoying it!

Staying on the ground dead until the brandstorm had completely passed me (roughly 2 minutes while googlin for this bug), then retrying from checkpoint finally fixed the issue for me.

@Synstematic.1230 said:After a good 40 minutes of waiting on loading screens and connection errors, I managed to log in. However, I'm not receiving access to the new episode at all, and the character that I use for living story has had his progress on the other LS4 episodes removed entirely as if I had not played through them. I can be patient with network issues, but I will not be happy if i have to replay all of LS4 just to get to the new content.

I was able to unlock episode 4 and start it two hours after patch. Not sure if that was a direct adjustment or not, but I'm glad nonetheless. I still can't play, but I can at least wait now that I know I'm not set back.

@lllLeonlll.1876 said:Storm tracking quest instance is bugged, after protecting blish you need to escape the mist but the zone itself did not readjust leading to death if one was to follow the green arrow, the conversation can still be heard but I cannot progress any further because of the insta-kill by leaving the instance even though I’m clearly inside the zone on the mini map

Same thing is happening to me as well, currently cannot be completed because of this.

@beutegnu.9243 said:

Staying
on the ground
dead until the brandstorm had completely passed me (roughly 2 minutes while googlin for this bug),
then
retrying from checkpoint finally fixed the issue for me.

This workaround worked, just stay dead for about 2 mins and then retry. Anet still need to fix this though since its only a workaround

@Sortie.9280 said:Hello, I'm not 100% sure what I can post but ill keep it roughly vague to avoid spoilers.

Currently I am stuck in the story instance - Storm Tracking. I have a green tick in the following objectives: (Deliver the news) Travel to Sun's Refuge and Meet up with the group. After completing those steps, the instance does not update. I reported the bug in game and have attempted to repeat the mission but the same problem exist. Apart from speaking to a few members (which I have) there is nothing I can do but sit in the instance.

Same issue. Relogged, repeated the instance, tried talking to everyone I can — still no luck.

@Snappily.6013 said:

@"Sortie.9280" said:Hello, I'm not 100% sure what I can post but ill keep it roughly vague to avoid spoilers.

Currently I am stuck in the story instance - Storm Tracking. I have a green tick in the following objectives: (Deliver the news) Travel to Sun's Refuge and Meet up with the group. After completing those steps, the instance does not update. I reported the bug in game and have attempted to repeat the mission but the same problem exist. Apart from speaking to a few members (which I have) there is nothing I can do but sit in the instance.

Same issue. Relogged, repeated the instance, tried talking to everyone I can -- still no luck.

Same here. Relogged and redone the Instance several Times, nothing changed.

kFMKHJT.jpg

Same thing happening to me on Storm Tracking instance.

Edit: I found a solutionYou have to use a Revive Orb, simply wait until the storm coming from behind kills you, wait a few seconds for it to go away then use your Revive Orb. This fixed the bug for me.Edit 2: sorry to hear that @Zarathorn.8259, idk it worked for me however since it doesn't work for at least 1 person, do that at your own risk (of wasting a revive orb).

i want to start a petition to not let anet make us stress test their updates again.... btwn can i just report the whole living story as a bug? every single instance got atleast 1 bug like the unable to jump with your raptor in the escape from the storm thingy in the last instance where you have to fight

Story instance bugged.Got past the part where I lead the delegates out of the summit room. I then had to break a wall and lead people away from the Dragon that was attacking through holes on the walls. I broke open the barrier and was unable to proceed further. There was an orange arrow pointing to where the barrier was and the 4 people were cowering in corners of the room. Couldn’t interact with the people and there was no apparent anything else to do.

you know about the dcs so i will mention a few minor bugs.

• i did only collect 1 mucus sample, the rest was skipped
  • the eggs in the refugee just vanished, then i had to fight the spider boss directly
  • in the mists i got an achievement (think "Right On Track") when defending Blish after one of the mages screamed about a veteran(?) passing their lines, but no enemy appeared and i just watched the scenario
  • maybe increase the map size or add a wall when fighting the deadeye at second spot. i dodged and left the map while still being able to hit Zafira

Fun to play anyways!

I don't see this bug posted here yet - so I'll make a note of it - I was collecting samples for the "Chaos Theory" stage where there's a section of Maguuma Jungle, and when I took a sample, Taimi suddenly started speaking to me through another player's communicator - I snapped the attached screenshot as quick as I could - you can see the chat bubble being carried away by the other player above on their springer.

I5e6oYr.png