Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

@Heibi.4251 said:

Whatever they are, Anet has reasons for doing what they did

This is also an extrapolation.

No it's not. You honestly don't think they had a reason to choose the sigil? That makes no sense. Even if their reason was "it's where the dart hit the dartboard" ... it's a reason.

They had a story type reason. You have to nullify "X".

That reason came upon by player speculation trying to determine why that particular sigil was chosen.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Whatever they are, Anet has reasons for doing what they did

This is also an extrapolation.

No it's not. You honestly don't think they had a reason to choose the sigil? That makes no sense. Even if their reason was "it's where the dart hit the dartboard" ... it's a reason.

They had a story type reason. You have to nullify "X".

That reason came upon by player speculation trying to determine why that particular sigil was chosen.

Unfortunately, without actual information speculation is all we have :/

@"Syrus.2174" said:The problem is, the longer it takes, the less likely this will be changed, as that would then again be unfair to those who already completed the achievement at the higher cost.One sigil per item would have been fine...ish. At least not as horrible as it is now. But as I don't see them go in and reduce the requirements afterwards, I'd rather expect to see them implement a recipe for crafting the sigils ... or they'll just do nothing. But it seems like - going by the size of this thread - there's quite a bunch of people who're riled up about this "issue".

Thats actually not overly true when it comes to the time aspect, changing code takes time, and its for some reason a major deal to change a collection or recipes physical item requirements, the number of items are easier to change, and perhaps thats what they should have done, but they didnt.

@Dante.1763 said:

@"Syrus.2174" said:The problem is, the longer it takes, the less likely this will be changed, as that would then again be unfair to those who already completed the achievement at the higher cost.One sigil per item would have been fine...ish. At least not as horrible as it is now. But as I don't see them go in and reduce the requirements afterwards, I'd rather expect to see them implement a recipe for crafting the sigils ... or they'll just do nothing. But it seems like - going by the size of this thread - there's quite a bunch of people who're riled up about this "issue".

Thats actually not overly true when it comes to the time aspect, changing code takes time, and its for some reason a major deal to change a collection or recipes physical item requirements, the number of items are easier to change, and perhaps thats what they should have done, but they didnt.

I was more talking about the time that has already passed, which makes it more unlikely to be changed (at all).Of course changing numbers should be easier, but I feel like, if they deemed that a good solution, they'd have done it already. I mostly fear they think this doesn't even need a fix.As they have neither responded here nor in the other thread(s), the whole situation is a lot of "guessing" and "hoping", with decreasing chance of change happening.Really quite frustrating, as I said.

What is the consensus? I am personally not a fan, as it is only acquirable through RNG weapons which has increased the price outrageously. It is like the rare weapon drop rate for the Specialization Weapon collections in core Path of Fire expansion. I would prefer a means of acquiring it rather than a random drop that rarely occurs. I'm not asking for it to be super cheap; just to be able to craft it or a more reliable means of acquirement, much like the Mystic Weapons from HoT.Please be civil and refrain from name calling and back biting.

You get one. You need 25 for the whole set, if the Wiki isn't telling me fibs. Though, my comment did paint a poor reality, there is still not a reasonable way to acquire 25 Sigils of Nullification. They're 13~ gold on the TP, and the weapons that have them on are 20+ gold. The Ectos and Amalgamated Gemstones are cheaper.

It might be beneficial for them to add a crafting recipe that isn't inexpensive, but just enough to sate the flipper whiners. Another idea is make it a specific event reward that is related to its name. It doesn't have to be a 100% drop, but reasonable. I'm aggravated because I can only acquire 1 per toon I have. I have 8, but 4 have gone through the whole story. I need 25 for the set. It ought to have a means of acquiring other than once in personal story per character or RNG drops from seldom dropped weapons.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:The collection "Patron" requires an investment of 1000 gold for a cosmetic item (a title) and 5 AP.

Even at current prices, this achievement is a bargain.

That title is "I'm rich, you know", meaning that achievement is
supposed
to be expensive. It's a little ridiculous to compare it to the situation surrounding this collection.Also iirc that achievement involves buying from a vendor at a fixed price.

Ironically, if Anet had just charged 200g or whatever for the armor flat-out griffin-style, a lot fewer people would be mad right now.

@Wilwynd.5798 said:It might be beneficial for them to add a crafting recipe that isn't inexpensive, but just enough to sate the flipper whiners. Another idea is make it a specific event reward that is related to its name. It doesn't have to be a 100% drop, but reasonable. I'm aggravated because I can only acquire 1 per toon I have. I have 8, but 4 have gone through the whole story. I need 25 for the set. It ought to have a means of acquiring other than once in personal story per character or RNG drops from seldom dropped weapons.

buy another character slot and do a weekly key run you get 3 total for 10, 40 and 60 bump it to 64 to get the sigil aswell.

Personally, I don't care for the armor, but I've been sitting on tomes of knowledge and level up scrolls for years.... I've even deleted some stacks over the years just to make more blasted bank room! So it's nice to get some profit out of stacks of otherwise useless items.I imagine the sigil price will drop after the hype wears off. Take a deep breath wait 6 months.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:Personally, I don't care for the armor, but I've been sitting on tomes of knowledge and level up scrolls for years.... I've even deleted some stacks over the years just to make more blasted bank room! So it's nice to get some profit out of stacks of otherwise useless items.I imagine the sigil price will drop after the hype wears off. Take a deep breath wait 6 months.

You could have turned them into spirit shards and used those to make money this entire time

@Hanth.2978 said:There is no way Anet will put in a fix so that these sigils can be crafted or obtained on the cheap, too many people have already spent 5g 10g or even 15g to finish these collections. For Anet to do that now would just be a slap in the face to those people who grinded that gold in order to buy them.

True, but what they could do is reduce the number of sigils required for the collection—say, from 25 to 12 or so—and then return sigils to the few people that completed the collection. Needing 12 of these rare sigils is still nothing to sneeze at. They would still be expensive but a little less so. Although actually with a smaller number required, more people might be tempted to spend the money so the price would likely not change much.

From Anet's perspective:

1) Is it good to get many players to buy gems? YEAH!!!Basically, many players will buy gems toa. convert them in gold and be able to finish that collectionb. buy new character slot(s) to get 25 sigils getting 25 fresh alts at least to level 64c. buy boosters to make that leveling process faster

2) Is it good to release new collections that are difficult (but not impossible) to achieve? YEAH!!!Collections that require some effort have more appealing for some players that will be willing (even to buy gems) to complete them

So no, there won't be any changes to this nullification issue. The only change I could foresee is a new step in the collection to make the armor become ascended, with new ridiculous (but popular) "neon-effects" on it. In doing so, many ppl that now refuse to finish it will change their minds and will start to buy gems (and nullification sigils) as described above, and most probably a second item of very low supply required for crafting the ascended version.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Well you need 63 x 25 (= 1575) tomes to get 25 sigils of nullification by reaching lvl 64.Is that a good thing? Maybe. Is it reasonable? No.

Funny is, most WvW Player wil have that many. I just converted like 2000 into Shards 2 weeks before. Sad me.

That might be true, but not everyone is a WvW player. I for example just had to buy 25 sigils.Sure, we have different solutions of how to get these, but none of them seems reasonable or helping to sink the price of these sigil on the TP.

But the biggest problem in my opinion is not the price on TP, but the really low supply of those sigils on it.Last I checked we had a supply of around 1700 sigils of nullification on the TP. That's a joke.How many players is that? 1700 : 25 = 68

... lol

@Clyan.1593 said:

@Clyan.1593 said:Well you need 63 x 25 (= 1575) tomes to get 25 sigils of nullification by reaching lvl 64.Is that a good thing? Maybe. Is it reasonable? No.

Funny is, most WvW Player wil have that many. I just converted like 2000 into Shards 2 weeks before. Sad me.

That might be true, but not everyone is a WvW player. I for example just had to buy 25 sigils.Sure, we have different solutions of how to get these, but none of them seems reasonable or helping to sink the price of these sigil on the TP.

But the biggest problem in my opinion is not the price on TP, but the really low supply of those sigils on it.Last I checked we had a supply of around 1700 sigils of nullification on the TP. That's a joke.How many players is that? 1700 : 25 = 68

... lolThats true. And new player dont even know that the Sigil is worth that much.

@Weindrasi.3805 said:Personally, I don't care for the armor, but I've been sitting on tomes of knowledge and level up scrolls for years.... I've even deleted some stacks over the years just to make more blasted bank room! So it's nice to get some profit out of stacks of otherwise useless items.I imagine the sigil price will drop after the hype wears off. Take a deep breath wait 6 months.

I did an inventory last night and I have enough tomes / scrolls to get 8 sigils. I plan to do that up this weekend. I'm going to at least be a good citizen and sell them at buy order.

@Pirindolo.9427 said:From Anet's perspective:

1) Is it good to get many players to buy gems? YEAH!!!Basically, many players will buy gems toa. convert them in gold and be able to finish that collectionb. buy new character slot(s) to get 25 sigils getting 25 fresh alts at least to level 64c. buy boosters to make that leveling process faster

We're not talking about THAT much gold. Anyone willing to buy gems to complete the collection has already done so, everyone else would have made the gold through in-game farming by now . . .2) Is it good to release new collections that are difficult (but not impossible) to achieve? YEAH!!!Collections that require some effort have more appealing for some players that will be willing (even to buy gems) to complete them

I think you're confusing the difficult with the absurd. There's nothing difficult about this, as you yourself point out you can complete the collection just by buying gems, which takes no effort. But while it isn't difficult, it is ridiculous to include in the collection an item that is tradable on the tp but in such low supply that it has allowed the current situation to develop . . .

This last part is just opinion -- unlike the above which is objectively, provably true -- but I agree it's great to have a range of content in the game, some of which will only be completed by a small slice of the player base. But that marginal content should not be tied to the story, which should be created with the expectation that most ppl will complete it . . .

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

I did an inventory last night and I have enough tomes / scrolls to get 8 sigils. I plan to do that up this weekend. I'm going to at least be a good citizen and sell them at buy order.

That doesn't really do anyone any favors, unfortunately. It is theoretically possible that you would be selling to someone who uses them to complete the collection, it is far more likely you would be selling to someone aiming to relist for profit. If you want to benefit the community, listing at sell price is not only better for you but also guarantees that the sigils will go to someone who wants them, since no one looking to make a profit would buy at sell price at this point . . .

If you're really only interested in doing what good you can with what you have, just ask in guild and make the transfer directly, though that would create issues of trust and legality . . .

@Gop.8713 said:

That doesn't really do anyone any favors, unfortunately. It is theoretically possible that you would be selling to someone who uses them to complete the collection, it is far more likely you would be selling to someone aiming to relist for profit. If you want to benefit the community, listing at sell price is not only better for you but also guarantees that the sigils will go to someone who wants them, since no one looking to make a profit would buy at sell price at this point . . .

If you're really only interested in doing what good you can with what you have, just ask in guild and make the transfer directly, though that would create issues of trust and legality . . .

The very few people still active in my guild can afford them. I considered raffling them on Reddit but there's still no guarantee that whoever buys them really needs them. :/

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

The very few people still active in my guild can afford them. I considered raffling them on Reddit but there's still no guarantee that whoever buys them really needs them. :/

Your best bet is to list at or above sell price then, but it was a nice thought :)

Archived