Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

Anet did it on purpose like they did many times.Some players get rich and most of the players lose gold, to make them spend more time in the game farming or use credit card.

Anet keeps doing this and will keep doing it.They don't care if tp gets manipulated.They always choose items that are dirty cheap and can't be farmed or crafted.

So I would say they want the tp to be flipped hard and make 99% of the players lose gold for the 1% to be richer.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Anet did it on purpose like they did many times.Some players get rich and most of the players lose gold, to make them spend more time in the game farming or use credit card.

Anet keeps doing this and will keep doing it.They don't care if tp gets manipulated.They always choose items that are dirty cheap and can't be farmed or crafted.

So I would say they want the tp to be flipped hard and make 99% of the players lose gold for the 1% to be richer.

I agree.

Let this all be a lesson to us in that we should probably stock up on items that are cheap, and can't be farmed or crafted, and sooner or later, that item will probably be used for something special, and go up 35,000% like this item.

Now I'm just mad... This collection has a wonderful story but now it is being ruined by people abusing Sigil of Null, thus making this collection impossible for thousands of players to complete. Why do you keep thinking this is a good idea, you have to fix your mistake. If I don't see a patch/fix on Tuesday I'm gonna RIOT on reddit...

@"Tearthy Flame.1463" said:Now I'm just mad... This collection has a wonderful story but now it is being ruined by people abusing Sigil of Null, thus making this collection impossible for thousands of players to complete. Why do you keep thinking this is a good idea, you have to fix your mistake. If I don't see a patch/fix on Tuesday I'm gonna RIOT on reddit...

Thousands? Also nothing is "ruined" the collection and the "wonderful story" are still there and will still be there till the servers shut down.

@zealex.9410 said:

@"Tearthy Flame.1463" said:Now I'm just mad... This collection has a wonderful story but now it is being ruined by people abusing Sigil of Null, thus making this collection impossible for thousands of players to complete. Why do you keep thinking this is a good idea, you have to fix your mistake. If I don't see a patch/fix on Tuesday I'm gonna RIOT on reddit...

Thousands? Also nothing is "ruined" the collection and the "wonderful story" are still there and will still be there till the servers shut down.

I agree with the story part...However, would you tell me how you're going to split a supply hundreds, on a playerbase of thousands, who all need 25 each.

@TwiceDead.1963 said:

I agree with the story part...However, would you tell me how you're going to split a supply hundreds, on a playerbase of thousands, who all need 25 each.

Not saying they picked the best item but i suspect that a similar thing with mystic coins is happening here were ppl have simply hoarded a big amount of sigils and w8ing to sell.

With the ep honeymoon peroid wearing down and interest dropping the amount of ppl buying them will drop and a number of ppl will sell they sigils in an attempt to keep profit.

But meh, with ppl complaining like the armor is unobtainable and such id be suprised to see anet not hotfixing this.

The current cost of completing the collection not counting mistonium and volatile magic: buy order - sell order (*note prices may continue to fluctuate)100 Glob of Ectoplasm = 15g 48s - 17g 23s25 Watchwork Sprockets = 31s 25c - 31s 75c30 Crystalline Dust = 2g 88s - 3g25 Superior Sigils of Nullification = 202g 69s 75c - 309g 97s 25c20 Amalgamated Gemstone = 37g 40c - 40g 76s 60c2 Swim Speed Infusion +10 = 44s 32c - 57s 74cTotals = 258g 81s 72c - 371g 86s 34c

If my math is wrong, I'm sorry.

@gerrylix.5234 said:

@gerrylix.5234 said:If the sigil pool dries up more, this armor will cost more than a gemstore skin for 800 gems.

This LWS is one of the finest so far (besides the usual bugs) but this sigil issue overshadows the whole experience for me.

And in a month the price will be back down.

The influx is way to low for this reasoning. Read it a few times in this thread but i don't see where all those sigils should come from.

The episode has been out less than a week so the price is super high. Things like this have happened multiple times and the prices have always fallen. It just takes time.

As of today the sigils are 12g a piece with only 900 left total. Anet you have got to put another way to get these other than grinding a character to lv 64 25 times for ONE set of armor Just ONE set. You expect us to buy or play the mystic forge THAT much to finish an EXOTIC SKIN set? Not even armor. Are you kidding me? Please give feedback on this.

Maybe they should use material/item requirements that at the very least can take such a price or supply beating on the TP.

I dont play this game for sitting at the TP hoping the price will go back down or spending alot of gold for something that is bottlenecked through TP supply.

I rather have a time gate than a supplygate.

Even if Arenanet intended it, which I believe they did, they need to slow players down somehow, this kind of arbitrary requirement with a non overseeable waiting time on when you can have a slightly better if at all better experience because you have to rely on some supply and price of some fairly arbitrary item on the TP., is just a bad game experience to me.

I guess I can look at which named weapons have this sigil once the time comes and see if some of those have nicer material costs (through mystic forge or whichever)

For those blithely claiming 'the market will sort this out' - it won't. Demand once again far exceeds supply.

Take a look at Red Steamed Dumplings, of which 500 were needed to get 25AP from Droobert back in February. Even today there are only enough on the TP for 80 players to complete this, at 44 silver minimum price. Total present cost? Around 300 gold. For the lucky ones.

Devs are making some meh choices it seems with these items: supply needs to improve, relatively, or the bulk of the player base is left frustrated.

For both the sigil and the dumplings, enabling player recipes (even with a relatively high mat cost) appears the obvious solution. That would also share the bounty more widely across the player base than those lucky enough to have hoarded these items at low prices.

One can always wait until price drops. I did not want to wait so I have chosen a different approach - to make some money on TP and then buy sigils at their current price.

I have accumulated over time a lot of orichalcum that I had no idea what to do with. Also, I was never a big mystic toilet user, so had a well over 1000 mystic coins. So I decided to make a few pieces of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mystic_Barricade which was sold on TP for approx 40g each. After mist-forging and selling those, buying 25 sigils of nullification at the current price felt like nothing.

So, if you have accumulated some materials and mystic coins you can find some relatively expensive item to myst-forge and then sell it.

Don't wait for Anet words on this.This is another way to make many players (all those that want to complete the collection for whatever reason) think that maybe it won't be that bad to buy some gems to convert them in gold.The price of the sigils will make the cost of this collection 400 or 500 gold at least, only in sigils, and will remain in that level, because the demand is thousands of times higher than the supply.

This explains in part why we won't have more expansions. Gem market is way more profitable with very small things like this one of the nullification sigils.

@"Fleabite.7528" said:For those blithely claiming 'the market will sort this out' - it won't. Demand once again far exceeds supply.

Take a look at Red Steamed Dumplings, of which 500 were needed to get 25AP from Droobert back in February. Even today there are only enough on the TP for 80 players to complete this, at 44 silver minimum price. Total present cost? Around 300 gold. For the lucky ones.

Devs are making some meh choices it seems with these items: supply needs to improve, relatively, or the bulk of the player base is left frustrated.

For both the sigil and the dumplings, enabling player recipes (even with a relatively high mat cost) appears the obvious solution. That would also share the bounty more widely across the player base than those lucky enough to have hoarded these items at low prices.

No one can say for sure, it will back down faster than the dumplings as those are only available with the festival, im guessing.

Still, how fast that will go and whether or not players will simply have to not worry and wait for the price to eventually come down (being told by players who do hawkeye every requirement so they dont have to wait, is then extra hypocritical imo but thats how that goes) is just a bad experience.

I have loads of materials where I think, yeah I wish I could get some use out of those. (eyes of kormir/putressences and what not) Where I feel like i have some options of what to do and then pick something most comfortable to me, rather then being shoved into the pit of despair that the TP is and feel like just not playing.(or at least put the collection on hold for at least a few years)

Then such claims of "a new armor to strife for!" are fairly empty. It doesnt motivate me to play the game more or whatever.

Not to mention that by the looks of it, they couldve used at least several kinds of sigils.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@gerrylix.5234 said:If the sigil pool dries up more, this armor will cost more than a gemstore skin for 800 gems.

This LWS is one of the finest so far (besides the usual bugs) but this sigil issue overshadows the whole experience for me.

And in a month the price will be back down.

The influx is way to low for this reasoning. Read it a few times in this thread but i don't see where all those sigils should come from.

The episode has been out less than a week so the price is super high. Things like this have happened multiple times and the prices have always fallen. It just takes time.

You were saying?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9i7crl/wait_for_a_bit_the_prices_will_go_down_they_said/

Are you going to ask for these facts to be moderated too?

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Anet did it on purpose like they did many times.Some players get rich and most of the players lose gold, to make them spend more time in the game farming or use credit card.

At first, I was considering the possibility that they did it on purpose. However, I really doubt it now. Whenever they make armor sets where you get 1 weight from the achievement and the rest from other means, the 1st set from the achievement is always easier to obtain. In this case it's the reverse, and that's what makes me think that they made a major mistake here. If it was intentional, the armors that you can get from the vendor after the achiev would cost the sigils instead.

@Scar.1793 said:My charr aready looks baddass, the new armor (even the Xmas tree version) would not fit my theme at all. Next time hopefully.

I suppose a lot of people think that way : why waste time and ressources if you’re not attracted to the skin ? I haven’t looked the other sets but Heavy armor set isn’t that amazin’ or special imo.

I know a lot of people are excited about the light leggings because it's one of only 2 trousers for female light armoured characters, and the only ones without random holes in the side. Kind of similar with the medium coat - it's one of only a few skins without a long trench coat attached. But I assume those people will only be making those specific pieces though, not the full set.

Archived