Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Dedicant.6820" said:This is such a satisfying resolution. So glad that anet finally listened and improved upon not only this situation but runes and sigils as a whole. Just goes to show that people blindly defending every aspect of the game and rallying against valid critique were wasting their time. Improvements can always be made. I can't wait to be able to craft this for myself reliably as well as the other sigils and runes that were previously rng loot based. Thanks anet!

To be fair they just might not consider the critique valid. People might defend features because they like them or consider the alternative worse.

@Gop.8713 said:

@Cristalyan.5728 said:What will happen with the ppl having a lot of BL salvage kits? The only reason to acquire a BLSK was to obtain the rune/sigill. Now this kit behaves as all the other kits - destroying the rune.BL kits are maintaining their current functionality, according to the release . . .

Well, taking into account the fact that by using a salvage kit with a less than 100% chance to recover upgrade materials you will have less than 100% chance to salvage the sigil (with other words, if by using a standard kit you recover 3 sigils from 10 salvaged weapons, then from 13 Nov on you will receive the materials from 3 salvaged sigils), I understand that by using a BLSK you are guaranteed to receive some crafting materials for sigils/runes from every item you salvage. Not the sigil/rune itself.

@Cristalyan.5728 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Cristalyan.5728 said:What will happen with the ppl having a lot of BL salvage kits? The only reason to acquire a BLSK was to obtain the rune/sigill. Now this kit behaves as all the other kits - destroying the rune.BL kits are maintaining their current functionality, according to the release . . .

Well, taking into account the fact that by using a salvage kit with a less than 100% chance to recover upgrade materials you will have less than 100% chance to salvage the sigil (with other words, if by using a standard kit you recover 3 sigils from 10 salvaged weapons, then from 13 Nov on you will receive the materials from 3 salvaged sigils), I understand that by using a BLSK you are guaranteed to receive some crafting materials for sigils/runes from every item you salvage. Not the sigil/rune itself.

Black Lion Salvage Kits will retain their current functionality with a 100% chance to extract upgrades from salvaging gear.

That's quoted directly from the release. If you're reading that as saying the bl kit will now have a 100% chance to salvage upgrades rather than extract them, you're reading it differently than I am . . .

@yann.1946 said:

@"Dedicant.6820" said:This is such a satisfying resolution. So glad that anet finally listened and improved upon not only this situation but runes and sigils as a whole. Just goes to show that people blindly defending every aspect of the game and rallying against valid critique were wasting their time. Improvements can always be made. I can't wait to be able to craft this for myself reliably as well as the other sigils and runes that were previously rng loot based. Thanks anet!

To be fair they just might not consider the critique valid. People might defend features because they like them or consider the alternative worse.

I really very seriously doubt the rune/sigil revamp was a reaction to the issues created by including the sigil of nullification in the collection anyway. For one thing the new system seems extensive enough that they've probably been working on it since before the collection was introduced. Also, the new system seems designed to solve a lot of broader, long-standing problems rather than just this one isolated issue . . .

If the two are related at all I'd say what's more likely is that the rune/sigil revamp was perhaps initially slated to be released closer to the release of the new ep but got pushed back. Or it could just be a happy coincidence that an unanticipated problem found its solution in an already planned update :)

@Gop.8713 said:

I really very seriously doubt the rune/sigil revamp was a reaction to the issues created by including the sigil of nullification in the collection anyway. For one thing the new system seems extensive enough that they've probably been working on it since before the collection was introduced. Also, the new system seems designed to solve a lot of broader, long-standing problems rather than just this one isolated issue . . .

If the two are related at all I'd say what's more likely is that the rune/sigil revamp was perhaps initially slated to be released closer to the release of the new ep but got pushed back. Or it could just be a happy coincidence that an unanticipated problem found its solution in an already planned update :)

@Gop.8713 said:

I couldn't agree more, i was mostly responding to the person because the fact that they changed it doesn't suddenly make everyone who disagreed that it was a problem wrong. His post suggested that the defenders where doing it "blindly" while their points where mostly valid also.

I really loath the point he made because its a little two faced. "Because they changed it it was obviously a bad system, so everyone who defended the previous system that A-net implemented has to be blind." seems a little ridiculous to me

@yann.1946 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

I couldn't agree more, i was mostly responding to the person because the fact that they changed it doesn't suddenly make everyone who disagreed that it was a problem wrong. His post suggested that the defenders where doing it "blindly" while their points where mostly valid also.

I really loath the point he made because its a little two faced. "Because they changed it it was obviously a bad system, so everyone who defended the previous system that A-net implemented has to be blind." seems a little ridiculous to me

Meh, planned or coincidental, if it fixes the problem I'm happy either way :)

Who was or wasn't right about a problem that's no longer a problem doesn't seem very impt to me . . .

@yann.1946 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

@Gop.8713 said:

It also serves as a good explanation as to why no short term fix was implemented since a big revamp was on the horizon. Which again could then be misconstrued as complainers unfairly judging or criticizing Arenanet when there was a very justifiable reason to not intervene in the market.

I have to agree though that neither argument would be well founded (or true) and in no way be productive.

Overall a total Sigil and Rune revamp was necessary, so it is a win for everyone that they finally came around to doing it. The question remaining is how well it will affect the game long term, and to that, time will tell.

@"Dedicant.6820" said:This is such a satisfying resolution.So glad that anet finally listened and improved upon not only this situation but runes and sigils as a whole. Just goes to show that people blindly defending every aspect of the game and rallying against valid critique were wasting their time. Improvements can always be made. I can't wait to be able to craft this for myself reliably as well as the other sigils and runes that were previously rng loot based. Thanks anet!

They probably had this planned out long before the release of requiem armor. (the sigil and rune revamp, not this situation)

Unless the addition of new crafting recipes for sigils was a last minute add on.

@Lambent.6375 said:

@"Dedicant.6820" said:This is such a satisfying resolution.
So glad that anet finally listened
and improved upon not only this situation but runes and sigils as a whole. Just goes to show that people blindly defending every aspect of the game and rallying against valid critique were wasting their time. Improvements can always be made. I can't wait to be able to craft this for myself reliably as well as the other sigils and runes that were previously rng loot based. Thanks anet!

They probably had this planned out long before the release of requiem armor. (the sigil and rune revamp, not this situation)

Unless the addition of new crafting recipes for sigils was a last minute add on.

No way for anyone to tell, but I am still of a mind this is a knee jerk reaction.. the info surrounding all of this is sketchy at best instead of some clear precise detail. Is the recipe going to be a super rare drop, will the focus now shift to the price of an extractor... it's all still clouded in vagueness and uncertainty imo.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

and improved upon not only this situation but runes and sigils as a whole. Just goes to show that people blindly defending every aspect of the game and rallying against valid critique were wasting their time. Improvements can always be made. I can't wait to be able to craft this for myself reliably as well as the other sigils and runes that were previously rng loot based. Thanks anet!

No way for anyone to tell, but I am still of a mind this is a knee jerk reaction.. the info surrounding all of this is sketchy at best instead of some clear precise detail. Is the recipe going to be a super rare drop, will the focus now shift to the price of an extractor... it's all still clouded in vagueness and uncertainty imo.

Six Seven weeks isn’t a long time. And based on how long it takes for them to develop other things, I doubt they started working on this after the last episode released.

We’ve been working on this project for a long time, and we are looking forward to sharing it with you.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/november-13-salvage-runes-and-sigils/

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

Six

Seven weeks isn’t a long time. And based on how long it takes for them to develop other things, I doubt they started working on this after the last episode released.

We’ve been working on this project for a long time
, and we are looking forward to sharing it with you.

Whilst I agree with you to a point, we still have no idea what effect the outcry surrounding this recent content had on the detail within this latest project offering, and likely never will. The project may well of been focused around other aspects of the economy but the furore caused by the sigil based on unreliable demand, whether that be from a price or time perspective may of had an effect on this revamp.Question is why release content, which would be so obviously out of sync with current supply, or against a new proposed salvage ideology.. as I said its full of vagueness imo. The only conclusion I can pull from this from a conspiracy point of view is that it pull towards gem sales at both ends.. first to buy to convert in order to obtain price hiked supply, now to buy gems and buy extractors and/or a potentially rare recipe (if its not bound of course.. again no details on this surprise surprise)

It's true we don't have all the details of exactly how everything is going to work, but consider that anet had zero response to this issue for weeks then as soon as the sigil/rune rework is announced they were here to point out the sigil of nullification will become craftable on Tuesday. I think it's safe to say that the reason they didn't comment earlier is they were barred from doing so until the revamp announcement, and that they anticipate the revamp -- however it specifically works -- will address the issues created with this collection. Otherwise, why comment at all . . ?

@Gop.8713 said:It's true we don't have all the details of exactly how everything is going to work, but consider that anet had zero response to this issue for weeks then as soon as the sigil/rune rework is announced they were here to point out the sigil of nullification will become craftable on Tuesday. I think it's safe to say that the reason they didn't comment earlier is they were barred from doing so until the revamp announcement, and that they anticipate the revamp -- however it specifically works -- will address the issues created with this collection. Otherwise, why comment at all . . ?

Yes it will likely push some supply and the sigil price will potentially fall.. my point is are they just shifting the focus onto another item or items that will be required, in this case the extractors maybe and possibly the BL salvage kits if they are still going to offer the same percentages.Either way I agree the sigil may have had its day in the market, what actually happens next only time is going to tell.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

Six

Seven weeks isn’t a long time. And based on how long it takes for them to develop other things, I doubt they started working on this after the last episode released.

We’ve been working on this project for a long time
, and we are looking forward to sharing it with you.

Whilst I agree with you to a point, we still have no idea what effect the outcry surrounding this recent content had on the detail within this latest project offering, and likely never will. The project may well of been focused around other aspects of the economy but the furore caused by the sigil based on unreliable demand, whether that be from a price or time perspective may of had an effect on this revamp.Question is why release content, which would be so obviously out of sync with current supply, or against a new proposed salvage ideology.. as I said its full of vagueness imo. The only conclusion I can pull from this from a conspiracy point of view is that it pull towards gem sales at both ends.. first to buy to convert in order to obtain price hiked supply, now to buy gems and buy extractors and/or a potentially rare recipe (if its not bound of course.. again no details on this surprise surprise)

The studio is likely comprised of enough awkward people with all the types trying to deliver something that is indelible. A gem 'em up coming and going conspiracy is possible and I would use proof of it. Consider instead what it would feel like to figure something out and not be sure when to deliver it because it is indelible.

@Gop.8713 said:I really very seriously doubt the rune/sigil revamp was a reaction to the issues created by including the sigil of nullification in the collection anyway.There's not a chance it was. It includes several new mechanics, new item types, new recipes, and changed functionality. There's absolutely no way they could have pulled this off in less than three months, and LS4.4 launched only two months ago.

This is a comprehensive type of overhaul, the likes of which have been requested by many people. It addresses many of the concerns that Requiem armor brought to light, about the amount of vendor-trash from standard loot, about upgrades generally, about the costs & supply & demand, about recipes, about ... many other things besides. It might also end up being used as opportunity to create demand for previously low-demand mats. (Or not.)

or in other words: I'm as sure as possible that @Gop.8713 is correct about this, without an actual quote from ANet (which I doubt we'll get).

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@Gop.8713 said:It's true we don't have all the details of exactly how everything is going to work, but consider that anet had zero response to this issue for weeks then as soon as the sigil/rune rework is announced they were here to point out the sigil of nullification will become craftable on Tuesday. I think it's safe to say that the reason they didn't comment earlier is they were barred from doing so until the revamp announcement, and that they anticipate the revamp -- however it specifically works -- will address the issues created with this collection. Otherwise, why comment at all . . ?

Yes it will likely push some supply and the sigil price will potentially fall.. my point is are they just shifting the focus onto another item or items that will be required, in this case the extractors maybe and possibly the BL salvage kits if they are still going to offer the same percentages.Either way I agree the sigil may have had its day in the market, what actually happens next only time is going to tell.

This is such a specific problem though, either changing the method of acquisition or increasing the supply would bring a resolution and the revamp will likely do both. The extractors and bl kits aren't relevant bc they only apply to an already existing method of acquisition which is random drops . . .

While yes they could still screw this up it is a positive development which will almost certainly address the issue with this collection in at least one and perhaps multiple ways. I think it's fair to expect success rather than failure :)

@Gop.8713 said:

This is such a specific problem though, either changing the method of acquisition or increasing the supply would bring a resolution and the revamp will likely do both. The extractors and bl kits aren't relevant bc they only apply to an already existing method of acquisition which is random drops . . .

While yes they could still screw this up it is a positive development which will almost certainly address the issue with this collection in at least one and perhaps multiple ways. I think it's fair to expect success rather than failure :)

As I said.. time will tell. Until next week I think I will sit on the fence and expect the worse so as to be pleasantly surprised... heck I think many players could do with some of that feel good feeling after the past 3-6 months of issues surrounding the game.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:Whilst I agree with you to a point, we still have no idea what effect the outcry surrounding this recent content had on the detail within this latest project offering, and likely never will. The project may well of been focused around other aspects of the economy but the furore caused by the sigil based on unreliable demand, whether that be from a price or time perspective may of had an effect on this revamp.

It's also possible that the content team was planning on the sigil revamp to be done before (or simultaneous with) releasing LS4:4, such that the armor collection would give people an excuse to dig into the new crafting system, and then the revamp got pushed back but they decided not to delay the episode. Explaining the reason for the sigil problems/decision would necessarily let the cat out of the bag on the revamp before it was time, so they just said nothing.

Hypothetically.

@Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 said:Virtually all runes and sigils that were previously available from ONLY salvaging are receiving a recipe.

That does include Sigil of Nullification.

It is good to finally have an answer from the official side.Would have been great to get it earlier, or to get a word about whether this was intended or not, but in the end, at least now we know something is being done that might fix the problem. Better a late reply, than no reply at all.

The fear of such a badly implemented achievement making rushing the content worth so much next time as well still hangs in the air, but at least there's hope that if such ever happens again, there is a good chance to get a kind of fix for it.

Now to wait and see how or whether the recipes will improve the situation.I do hope though, that they will make this achievement more achievable.

So, tomorrow is the big day.

There are still a lot of sigils selling for over 10 golds, and many above 14 golds. Hopeful sellers I guess.

It will be interesting to see if the market will rise or crash. It would be wise to cancel your buy orders if you have some.

If the price rise, they will not be filled anyway. If the price crash, you will end up paying way too much for them. If the price don't move, you can always put another buy order on.

@Blanche Neige.7241 said:So, tomorrow is the big day.

There are still a lot of sigils selling for over 10 golds, and many above 14 golds. Hopeful sellers I guess.

It will be interesting to see if the market will rise or crash. It would be wise to cancel your buy orders if you have some.

If the price rise, they will not be filled anyway. If the price crash, you will end up paying way too much for them. If the price don't move, you can always put another buy order on.

It'll probably be like a washing machine on a full spin cycle as there's a mad rush to hoard the new materials and master crafters make the richest sigils and runes they can to try and gouge the market before it adjusts.

Archived