Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"The Witch Doctor.2301" said:Has the Sigil of Nullification issue been addressed yet?What's the issue? There's nothing to address.

At the time of me writing this, the price of nullification sigils is still sitting at about 8 gold.Premium skins have premium costs. Although if you wait, eventually the prices on symbols & charms will start to drop, so I expect the costs to go down.

Has anet given a public statement about this yet?They haven't. I wouldn't expect them to.

This is ridiculous...If you expect them to change their stance, I'd recommend a more cogent argument than "this is ridiculous" or "8g is too much." Why is it too much? Why is it bad for the game?

I think it's more than a little weird that they made crafting an armor set dependent on sigils, that they chose to require 25 rather than just one or two. But I also don't see it as an issue.

FYI there's been speculation that seems reasonable to me that ANet set this up as a test case for seeing how the demand|supply of sigils would affect market prices, in preparation for making a final decision on drop rates/recipes that use lucents + symbols|charms. That overhaul has since helped add value to all the detritus all of us get from playing the game: rares, exotics, & masterworks are worth more now that they used to be.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Premium skins have premium costs. Although if you wait, eventually the prices on symbols & charms will start to drop, so I expect the costs to go down.

Assuming it's not a conspiracy by anet, this "premium" armor was supposed to cost, what, 4 gold before people realized they can hold it hostage under what used to be as high as a 300 gold price tag?The sigil used to be merchant fodder and sold for no more than 10 silver and the price jumped only because people saw an opportunity to rip people off, so saying this "premium" armor being expensive is planned (beyond anets hypothetical test) is ridiculous, there were 15k nullification sigil purchases the day before the patch for christs sake...

@The Witch Doctor.2301 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Premium skins have premium costs. Although if you wait, eventually the prices on symbols & charms will start to drop, so I expect the costs to go down.

Assuming it's not a conspiracy by anet, this "premium" armor was supposed to cost, what, 4 gold before people realized they can hold it hostage under what used to be as high as a 300 gold price tag?The sigil used to be merchant fodder and sold for no more than 10 silver and the price jumped only because people saw an opportunity to rip people off, so saying this "premium" armor being expensive is planned (beyond anets hypothetical test) is ridiculous, there were 15k nullification sigil purchases the day before the patch for christs sake...

Assuming Arenanet employees understand very basic supply and demand and their relationship to price and the fact that after months and a rune and sigil change, the sigil retains a specific value above vendor AND the collection not getting changed, we can assume that the 4 gold cost was never intended.

As such we are left with 1 assumption:Premium armor is expensive and working as intended.

You not liking this fact (and/or not understanding supply and demand) does not change this.

If you hope to get this collection done for no gold, you will remain disappointed for a long time.

Assuming it's not a conspiracy by anet, this "premium" armor was supposed to cost, what, 4 gold before people realized they can hold it hostage under what used to be as high as a 300 gold price tag?Why was it supposed to cost 4g?I think you mean that the market value of the materials was 4g, before the demand for the sigil was spiked by the new item.

The sigil used to be merchant fodder and sold for no more than 10 silver and the price jumped only because people saw an opportunity to rip people off,No, it didn't spike because people saw an opportunity to rip people off. People were willing (and are willing) to pay extra. If no one thought the armor was worth 300g, the price would not have increased so easily.

so saying this "premium" armor being expensive is planned (beyond anets hypothetical test) is ridiculous,It's a viable theory and you haven't given any reason why it's unlikely, let along wrong or ridiculous.

there were 15k nullification sigil purchases the day before the patch for christs sake...You mean after the patch. Patch launched on the 18th, the trades took place on the 18th.Plus, the amount of sigils entering the market when they were vendor trash was 2-4k per month; that spiked enormously as people sold their oversupply in September, and yet prices didn't drop. That's compelling evidence that people were willing to pay extra, a lot extra, just to get the chieve/skin sooner rather than later.

The original post asked if ANet had made a comment on this: answer is no. I think any future discussion can take place in one of the existing threads on the topic, which already supply enough facts for people to draw reasonable conclusions. And there will never be enough facts for people who have already decided the 'truth' to reconsider.

If the price was EVER an issue that Anet thought would have needed to be addressed, Anet wouldn't have ever chosen a mat that one can purchase of the TP in the first place because Anet doesn't control prices on the TP. There is nothing ridiculous about Anet giving an item value as a tradeable commodity on the TP.

This armor was supposed to cost w/e the market deem its worth is. They wouldnt use material and items u can trade otherwise.

@LucianDK.8615 said:You can be certain the TP barons is twitching to rush through the next episode to find that the next hot crafting material will be for the new weapons.

I wonder who would profit the most from a new cheap sigil/resource which spikes in value, is it players who are stripped for cash who hope to become instant rich or is it players who are already insanely loaded?

Your statement is based on 1 simple incorrect assumption (which then cascades to multiple incorrect assumptions): greed to only be present in 1 type of player. That is simply incorrect.

Crafting them is quite cheaper than buying them with gold, if you get the materials yourself over time.

• Pile of Lucent Crystal - Salvage any upgrades until you have enough motes, then make the crystals.
  • Elaborate Totem - Do a few events in a core map that has totems as the current map bonus. Killing tribal enemies and inquest also drops lots of totems.
  • Symbol of Control - Salvage the cheapest control sigils you can get until you get these.
  • Glob of Ectoplasm - Do a few meta events that end with final bosses and salvage the rares you'll get.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:Premium skins have premium costs.It's not a "premium skin", any more than Mark Y Golem or Wayfarer's Henge or the commander banner or any other living story collection was. All of which cost little to no gold to make.

@"Ashen.2907" said:Selling a luxury item to people at a price they are willing and able to pay is not, "ripping people off."It wasn't sold to the public as a luxury item, it was sold as the flagship feature of the new episode. Something to be obtained by actually playing the game, not playing the TP.

@Hyper Cutter.9376 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:Selling a luxury item to people at a price they are willing and able to pay is not, "ripping people off."It wasn't sold to the public as a luxury item, it was sold as the flagship feature of the new episode. Something to be obtained by
actually playing the game
, not playing the TP.

A cosmetic, "flagship feature," of a free living world episode is a luxury item. All items in the game are luxury items. The game is a luxury item. One cannot be ripped off by paying an amount of currency that one values less than the item that one is trading it for.

The TP is part of the game, and even so one could/can acquire the items without buying them on the TP.

Not sure why people keep defending this sigil/rune change when it's clearly negatively affected a whole lot of people.

1. drops rates for motes/symbols/etc are way too low. More people agree with this than don't.
  2. as such, it's still faster and easier to use the level up method to obtain ONE sigil. May as well not even have the crafting option, since it clearly hasn't changed ANYthing with regards to this collection.
  3. on the off chance you get a weapon drop with a null sigil in it (or any rune/sigil for that matter) guess what - if you want to keep that sigil you now have to pay real money to keep it, because the only 2 ways to get it are either an extraction tool or a BL salvage kit, both of which are only obtainable thru the gem store....that's a scam in my book.

Archived