Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Supply will sort itself over time as players go back to leveling new characters (veterans are starting to get those instant level 60 scrolls) and playing other areas where they can get the drops that have those sigils. Arc being such a drop that stands out as I used to get it a lot.

Sure, over a long period of 6 month or more this sigil might come down again.But who cares if a material for current content has a reasonable value in half a year?I also don't see any argument for this price tag, the collection has plenty other stuff to buy and grind.

Anet just didn't think about the consequences and we are getting 0 response.
Looking at some TP charts makes me even think that this stinks a bit and can very well be insider trading.

Or it'll be sooner than that. I can see the price being around a gold each by the next episode release.

I suggest looking at the charts more closely before throwing out the accusation of insider trading.

"can very well be" =/= accusation

But as a longtime EVE player i know very well what bounderies devs sometimes overthrow for personal gain.It is a possibility and not a fact and in the end it doesn't really matter who bought 18k sigils in one swoop.

What matters is that the economy is damaged big time and takes away fun from many players for an unforseeable future unless it is fixed.

An economy isn't damaged because of a single item. The economy is bigger than that.

@Nunna.6413 said:I was having a blast until the sigil part hit me, I thought, oh, finally anet doing something that everyone can enjoy getting it without getting too much pressure, you know, like old times. Nope .. If they think this will make me throw my cc right away to buy some gems to convert or spent tons of hours grinding unreasonable gold for that kind of kitten .. yeah .. not gona happen my dude. I'd rather waste my time doing something else. The price of this thing wont go down, it will go up because they control the market. The hoarders are doing it on purpose, slowly releasing small amounts of sigils while jacking up the price. Even now some of you already moan about how many sigils left in the tp. Yep .. ya know what will happen next. Oh look 14g per sigils. Good job guys. Good job. Remember that morderm bloom event failure? This is also on that level of stupidity. Congratulations.

That's the same thing people have stated about other items when they had heavily inflated costs right after a release but those prices are also down.

Yes the whole sigil economy is, because now everyone and their mother are hording them again, just watch some threads on reddit.

I can't really understand why you are defending the situation, may you elaborate why it is a good thing to lock out so many players from having the armor for an unknown timeframe?

How does a single sigil that had pretty much no value before the patch, and now does after, harmful to the economy or just other sigils? There's really no point in hoarding them because demand will just fall as time goes on and whatever value they could have gotten had they sold now will be reduced. The issue that players have is with the price and not because of its acquisition methods. Had the price remained at 2 silver a piece, this thread would not exist. The price will fall.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:Supply will sort itself over time as players go back to leveling new characters (veterans are starting to get those instant level 60 scrolls) and playing other areas where they can get the drops that have those sigils. Arc being such a drop that stands out as I used to get it a lot.

Sure, over a long period of 6 month or more this sigil might come down again.But who cares if a material for current content has a reasonable value in half a year?I also don't see any argument for this price tag, the collection has plenty other stuff to buy and grind.

Looking at some TP charts makes me even think that this stinks a bit and can very well be insider trading.

Or it'll be sooner than that. I can see the price being around a gold each by the next episode release.

I suggest looking at the charts more closely before throwing out the accusation of insider trading.

But as a longtime EVE player i know very well what bounderies devs sometimes overthrow for personal gain.It is a possibility and not a fact and in the end it doesn't really matter who bought 18k sigils in one swoop.

What matters is that the economy is damaged big time and takes away fun from many players for an unforseeable future unless it is fixed.

An economy isn't damaged because of a single item. The economy is bigger than that.

@Nunna.6413 said:I was having a blast until the sigil part hit me, I thought, oh, finally anet doing something that everyone can enjoy getting it without getting too much pressure, you know, like old times. Nope .. If they think this will make me throw my cc right away to buy some gems to convert or spent tons of hours grinding unreasonable gold for that kind of kitten .. yeah .. not gona happen my dude. I'd rather waste my time doing something else. The price of this thing wont go down, it will go up because they control the market. The hoarders are doing it on purpose, slowly releasing small amounts of sigils while jacking up the price. Even now some of you already moan about how many sigils left in the tp. Yep .. ya know what will happen next. Oh look 14g per sigils. Good job guys. Good job. Remember that morderm bloom event failure? This is also on that level of stupidity. Congratulations.

That's the same thing people have stated about other items when they had heavily inflated costs right after a release but those prices are also down.

Yes the whole sigil economy is, because now everyone and their mother are hording them again, just watch some threads on reddit.

I can't really understand why you are defending the situation, may you elaborate why it is a good thing to lock out so many players from having the armor for an unknown timeframe?

Only logical reason why I think he/she is defending this situation is because they are one of the few who found out about it early and cashed in on it.

Nope. I didn't buy those sigils.

But the issue does lie with the acquisition method. Had Anet put other option to obtain these sigils, via recipes, vendors, then we wouldn't be having this discussion.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Nunna.6413 said:I was having a blast until the sigil part hit me, I thought, oh, finally anet doing something that everyone can enjoy getting it without getting too much pressure, you know, like old times. Nope .. If they think this will make me throw my cc right away to buy some gems to convert or spent tons of hours grinding unreasonable gold for that kind of kitten .. yeah .. not gona happen my dude. I'd rather waste my time doing something else.

I agree, and after months of frustration for getting worthless rewards (green, blue and rare items), and for having spent almost 3000 hours in game for nothing (Don't even dropped a precursor, don't even have a legendary and I lost all my gold at gambling), I wanted to get this armor: the only thing I thought I was able to do. I'm totally disgusted right now, and when I look at what I've got for 3000 hours of game, I wonder: how could I lost so much time?

I decided to stop playing gw2 for now. I'll come back only for events like halloween, christmas and for the living story episodes; but I won't wait anything more from this game. I won't spend a cent anymore. I won't spend more time for achievements.

I'm sick of not being rewarded for the time and money I've put into this game. What could I've done in 3000 hours ? Learn one or two languages, play sports, enjoy solo video games (where it's possible to obtain all the rewards), read books, learn something new...

Instead, I trusted a game that couldn't even bring me satisfaction...If they don't add a recipe for this sigil, I won't come back.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

How does a single sigil that had pretty much no value before the patch, and now does after, harmful to the economy or just other sigils? There's really no point in hoarding them because demand will just fall as time goes on and whatever value they could have gotten had they sold now will be reduced. The issue that players have is with the price and not because of its acquisition methods. Had the price remained at 2 silver a piece, this thread would not exist. The price will fall.

Only logical reason why I think he/she is defending this situation is because they are one of the few who found out about it early and cashed in on it.

You know what, i am kinda tired of this discussion.The collection is overpriced and nobody can foresee the pricechanges without an Anet patch to the mats.

All, everyone is asking for, is a change to the needed materials for the collection, because it's overpriced even if it goes down to 2g.

Here is the point, i am repeating myself here, i do not under any circumstances understand how a sane person can argue for higher prices over lower ones if he makes no profit out of it or doesn't need to buy the sigils. That's why i am tired of this ping pong discussion, either you are making a profit or you are not involved because you don't have to buy the sigils from TP.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:[...]Of course TP Barons exist, but it's a misunderstanding of basic market forces to think that they can control the supply of anything in the game. If the demand wasn't high, no would be selling at anything above vendor +15%, which was the price last week.

Further, the sigil drops from other sources, including various exotic weapons that drop from anywhere. It is simply not possible for any person or consortium to control the price for long.

They do not control the supply, they rely on a really low and slow supply to hijack the stock and control their value. When the only source of something is RNG with abysmally low chances, you can have a bot checking the trading post with the API, and warn you whenever you need to take actions. There will be time for it.

Of course not a single person does this, but more than one person doing it won't make things much less worse.

The best solution for this is a recipe that can only be bought in Jahai, that also acts as a sink for currently overstocked items in large amounts, larger than the amounts sigil recipes usually get. Something like this:

• 50 mithril ingots. (usually 1 orichalcum ingot)
  • 5 ecto (usually 1)
  • 25 piles of soiled essence. (usually 1 lodestone)
  • 250 Barbed Thorns. (usually 50 of a fine material, another rare or exotic material or no third material)

Those items will gain some value, sigil of nullification would lose the value it should not have reached, and there would be a guaranteed source if the TP value gets too high.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:[...]Of course TP Barons exist, but it's a misunderstanding of basic market forces to think that they can control the supply of anything in the game. If the demand wasn't high, no would be selling at anything above vendor +15%, which was the price last week.

Further, the sigil drops from other sources, including various exotic weapons that drop from anywhere. It is simply not possible for any person or consortium to control the price for long.

They do not control the supply, they rely on a
really low and slow supply
to hijack the stock and control their value. When the only source of something is RNG with abysmally low chances, you can have a bot checking the trading post with the API, and warn you whenever you need to take actions. There will be time for it.

Of course not a single person does this, but more than one person doing it won't make things much less worse.

The best solution for this is a recipe that can only be bought in Jahai, that also acts as a sink for currently overstocked items in large amounts, larger than the amounts sigil recipes usually get. Something like this:
  • 5 ecto (usually 1)
  • 250 Barbed Thorns. (usually 50 of a fine material, another rare or exotic material or no third material)

Those items will gain some value, sigil of nullification would lose the value it should not have reached, and there would be a guaranteed source if the TP value gets too high.

Pretty much the solution, read something similar on reddit.I know plenty of stuff that could find a home in this recipe and hence become valuable.

@Demonz.9267 said:

@Nunna.6413 said:I was having a blast until the sigil part hit me, I thought, oh, finally anet doing something that everyone can enjoy getting it without getting too much pressure, you know, like old times. Nope .. If they think this will make me throw my cc right away to buy some gems to convert or spent tons of hours grinding unreasonable gold for that kind of kitten .. yeah .. not gona happen my dude. I'd rather waste my time doing something else.

I agree, and after months of frustration for getting worthless rewards (green, blue and rare items), and for having spent almost 3000 hours in game for nothing (Don't even dropped a precursor, don't even have a legendary and I lost all my gold at gambling), I wanted to get this armor: the only thing I thought I was able to do. I'm totally disgusted right now, and when I look at what I've got for 3000 hours of game, I wonder: how could I lost so much time?

I decided to stop playing gw2 for now. I'll come back only for events like halloween, christmas and for the living story episodes; but I won't wait anything more from this game. I won't spend a cent anymore. I won't spend more time for achievements.

I'm sick of not being rewarded for the time and money I've put into this game. What could I've done in 3000 hours ? Learn one or two languages, play sports, enjoy solo video games (where it's possible to obtain all the rewards), read books, learn something new...

Instead, I trusted a game that couldn't even bring me satisfaction...If they don't add a recipe for this sigil, I won't come back.

Hey, blame your choice to sink your Gold/IRL monies for in game gambling on you not achieving anything in 3,000hrs, not some random collection in one tiny part of the game.There’s likely many players with less time spent playing than you, that have earned more than you (and me too probably even at 7k+hrs under my belt) ingame because they are aware of what they need to do and go for that goal.

Now, the Sigil of Nullification was probably chosen thematically, but with how to obtain it not being looked at, however I don’t think Anet will change it because of how many players that have already paid a premium to finish the collections. That would insult quite a few tbh.

@MithranArkanere.8957 said:

to hijack the stock and control their value. When the only source of something is RNG with abysmally low chances, you can have a bot checking the trading post with the API, and warn you whenever you need to take actions. There will be time for it.

• 5 ecto (usually 1)

I'd still go with a themed recipe. Since Kralk is now Death-touched; stick with the usual Ori and Ecto component but go with a numder of Pile of Putrid Essence and Crystal Lodestones instead.

Simple solution.

Put an account bound version of the Superior Sigil of Nullification on the Volatile Magic vendor in Jahai Bluffs. Price it at around 3 Silver.

Make it so that you can use the expensive original sigil or the account bound sigil.

After all, anyone who purchased vast amounts of the sigil paid a pittance for them relatively speaking so they haven't really lost a lot of money have they and its up to them then if they wish to price gouge. They can if they wish create lots of armour on all their alt accounts.

Meanwhile everyone else can get on with their armour collection.

Whoever has these sigils is controlling both the majority of the supply and the price. They could sell a tiny bit every time and put whatever price tag on it as long as there are people buying it.Don't expect the price to come down until they add a new recipe(reliable supply) or a steady drop of demand happens.

This reminds me of the housing market in my country for the past 20 years. What a nightmare.

As said, they could either put a different sigil to each item collection so that they prevent the TP manipulation (which benefits very few and harms all the rest) or put a craftable / new 'Jahai' sigil, something that ALL people could get their hands on and finish the collection. Couldn't agree more, but also makes me very sceptical about the people designing game content.

The prices will go down, I'm not in a hurry. The new armour set isn't going anywhere.

In fact, I just sold the 8 I already had for 12g a piece, and placed a buy order for 25 sigils at 1g each. Spent the extra gold to buy some cultural armour sets I was missing. I'm sure the prices of the sigils have dropped down to something more reasonable by the time I get bored of the cultural sets :P

@Demonz.9267 said:

My first precursor droped after roughly 4k hours I had 6 or 7 more since then and am around 8k hours now.

@gerrylix.5234 said:

You know what, i am kinda tired of this discussion.The collection is overpriced and nobody can foresee the pricechanges without an Anet patch to the mats.

All, everyone is asking for, is a change to the needed materials for the collection, because it's overpriced even if it goes down to 2g.

Here is the point, i am repeating myself here, i do not under any circumstances understand how a sane person can argue for higher prices over lower ones if he makes no profit out of it or doesn't need to buy the sigils. That's why i am tired of this ping pong discussion, either you are making a profit or you are not involved because you don't have to buy the sigils from TP.

Well one point thats big is gold dont inflate to much since it take some out of the game through tp taxes.

@gerrylix.5234 said:

It's 59.32G for everything excluding the sigils. What you're getting are six highly detailed luxury armor skins which have a dye-able aura. I don't think anyone here is arguing that the prices should remain where they are for the sigils.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

Hey, blame your choice to sink your Gold/IRL monies for
in game gambling
on you not achieving anything in 3,000hrs, not some random collection in
one
tiny part of the game.There’s likely many players with less time spent playing than you, that have earned more than you (and me too probably even at 7k+hrs under my belt) ingame because they are aware of what they need to do and go for that goal.

Now, the Sigil of Nullification was probably chosen thematically, but with how to obtain it not being looked at, however I don’t think Anet will change it because of how many players that have already paid a premium to finish the collections. That would insult quite a few tbh.

Was there choice to pay that much money and if they feel insult is because they know they made a mistake. This was a bad design decision from Arenanet to make this collection this way anyway.

@Neosayayin.3498 said:

Hey, blame your choice to sink your Gold/IRL monies for
in game gambling
on you not achieving anything in 3,000hrs, not some random collection in
one
tiny part of the game.There’s likely many players with less time spent playing than you, that have earned more than you (and me too probably even at 7k+hrs under my belt) ingame because they are aware of what they need to do and go for that goal.

Was there choice to pay that much money and if they feel insult is because they know they made a mistake. This was a bad design decision from Arenanet to make this collection this way anyway.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

The problem:

• Superior Sigil of Nullification is required for every step of the collection.
  • The only way to obtain the sigil is RNG.
  • The market supply has been totally consumed with only RNG to replenish it.

The solution(s):

• Make the collection use different sigils at each step so that the market impact is spread out and thus less extreme.
  • Make the collection require less sigils (1 per step).
  • Add a new source for obtaining the sigil besides RNG (crafting, or buying from a vendor)

What is NOT the solution:

• Waiting for market forces to magically correct the problem at some indeterminate future point.
  • Ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away.
  • Pretending like there is nothing wrong with a practically useless non-meta sigil costing 15+ gold (formerly 2 silver...).

Seriously, waiting for the market to fix this problem is going to go over about as well as it did with leather and mystic coins.

@Xenon.4537 said:The problem:

The solution(s):

• Make the collection use different sigils at each step so that the market impact is spread out and thus less extreme.
  • Add a new source for obtaining the sigil besides RNG (crafting, or buying from a vendor)

• Waiting for market forces to magically correct the problem at some indeterminate future point.
  • Pretending like there is nothing wrong with a practically useless non-meta sigil costing 15+ gold (formerly 2 silver...).

Seriously, waiting for the market to fix this problem is going to go over about as well as it did with leather and mystic coins.

It’ll work the same way it did for Runes of the Snowflake / Sigil of Mischief. And the 10k drinks for that matter. As more people complete this one time collection, the less is needed by the mass population. Just wait it out is very easily the viable route.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Xenon.4537 said:The problem:

The solution(s):

It’ll work the same way it did for
Runes of the Snowflake / Sigil of Mischief.
And the 10k drinks for that matter. As more people complete this one time collection, the less is needed by the mass population. Just wait it out is very easily the viable route.FYI - Snowfall Runes and Mischief sigils have steadily climbed over the past few years since ANet changed the drop rate. They used to be one of the cheapest parts of that collection, and now they're the most expensive and continue to go up higher each year.

@Tyger.1637 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:[...]Of course TP Barons exist, but it's a misunderstanding of basic market forces to think that they can control the supply of anything in the game. If the demand wasn't high, no would be selling at anything above vendor +15%, which was the price last week.

• 5 ecto (usually 1)

I'd still go with a themed recipe. Since Kralk is now Death-touched; stick with the usual Ori and Ecto component but go with a numder of Pile of Putrid Essence and Crystal Lodestones instead.I already thought of that, and the recipe is still temathically sound.

The "theme" of nullification is removing boons. To remove boons you use a mix of dark and nature magic.

The "Natural" prefix usually means "no enchatments or hexes" in GW, that'll be "no boons or conditions" in GW2.The "dark" theme goes with negating enemies and stealing from them. So dark magic+blood magic gets you life steal, and dark magic + nature magic gets you boon removal.

So Soiled essence gives dark/death magic, Barbed thorns that come from plants give "nature" magic, and you get nullification.

I can understand some collections needed as gold sinks, but this one is just ridiculous. Its backed poorer players into a corner of either ignore the collection, wait for what will most likely be an extremely long time in the hope the prices come down (limited acquisition methods and rich tp players will make sure prices are high for a while yet), or give in to extortionate prices which once again helps the rich get richer.

If collections have to be gold sinks then I think they should just have items with a fixed vendor price like the griffon collection, that way there's max cost, everyone pays the same, and it doesn't mean the rich can monopolise the supply to try and extort the poor.

Archived