Superior Sigil of Nullification [Merged]

Kirkas.1430

@Talindra.4958 said:Excuse me, how many ap for the whole complete collection? 120g for one full sets or 3?thanks

5 app for the elegy, 10 for requiem. 20 ap for all the requiem. As of right now you need 25 sigil for the original collection set. Each sigil is 7 gold as of right now. Once you finish the first collection you can buy additional Armor sets for mistorium and ectos.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Xenon.4537 said:The problem:

• Superior Sigil of Nullification is required for every step of the collection.
  • The only way to obtain the sigil is RNG.
  • The market supply has been totally consumed with only RNG to replenish it.

The solution(s):

• Make the collection use different sigils at each step so that the market impact is spread out and thus less extreme.
  • Make the collection require less sigils (1 per step).
  • Add a new source for obtaining the sigil besides RNG (crafting, or buying from a vendor)

What is NOT the solution:

• Waiting for market forces to magically correct the problem at some indeterminate future point.
  • Ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away.
  • Pretending like there is nothing wrong with a practically useless non-meta sigil costing 15+ gold (formerly 2 silver...).

Seriously, waiting for the market to fix this problem is going to go over about as well as it did with leather and mystic coins.

Pof dealt with mystic coins pretty well /s

@Tyson.5160 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:Excuse me, how many ap for the whole complete collection? 120g for one full sets or 3?thanks

5 app for the elegy, 10 for requiem. 20 ap for all the requiem. As of right now you need 25 sigil for the original collection set. Each sigil is 7 gold as of right now. Once you finish the first collection you can buy additional Armor sets for mistorium and ectos.

thanks.. I think I will wait a bit for this achievement xD

I just spent 250 gold for the sigils and another 20 for the amalgamated gemstones. Can't stand getting half way through a collection and then not finish it. I'm really not happy atm. THEN I find this post. If they change it I will be REALLY UNHAPPY!!! Why an exotic armor set should cost me well over 300 gold is beyond me.

If you want a gold sink don't use this collection for that, add a legendary armor to fractals and make better legendary weapons and other legendary stuff and maybe people will start spending there gold on that. we need a fix for this now and the only way is to add a recipe for the sigil in the heart vendors of Jahai Bluffs. Next time you need to think better on how to make the future collections because this is getting old because we are getting bad rewards and the good ones are lock on insane restrictions. This makes me sad because is like 5 years playing this game and still devs don't learn from there mistakes.

@"Sneakr.3679" said:What scares me is when I get the recipe to craft the other two sets, just how expensive will that get???

A lot cheaper.We can craft elegy (and obviously medium is the more expensive to craft), but the requiem skin pieces are bought with mistonium and ectos once unlocked.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trader_Hyacinth#vendor17

I suppose the question to ask is, "Is getting the 25 sigils along with all the rest of the long laundry list going to be fun?" I don't know about anyone else, but I'm having a hard time thinking it would be for me. I can always skip the collections, of course, but every time something like the collection under discussion happens, I wonder if ANet ever rereads:

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/is-it-fun-colin-johanson-on-how-arenanet-measures-success/

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The supply does not have to increase, the demand dropping is more than enough to drop the price.

People are once again blaming fictional TP barons and asking for not needed market influence because "I want my shiny now" mentality is going strong once again.

Nah this is just silly talk or someone trying to protect their investment.Of course the price will stay high for quite some time.. it's likely not even close to reaching it's peak yet.With such a small pool of sigils in game currently and only one guaranteed way to get them (via lvl 64 achievement reward), that leaves only the mystic forge as a prayer token when considering how many players there are active in the game..... the maths work both ways.

TP barons are real, they exist in every game and have been since the dawn of online trading, whether its a real world trading world or .. just a game.IMO, this is just ANET's way of trying to keep players in game farming stuff in the hope the interest in obtaining the armor stays strong... same retention ideas that have plagued MMO for donkeys years, except its cosmetic rather than BiS gear. I can't believe ANET would be that short sighted if they did not realise the supply/demand was going to be so out of whack with this otherwise.. so my take is it's just another poorly thought out player retention idea and I would not be surprised to soon hear players are leaving the game in numbers, tired of the endless farm and grind wars. Many players come to GW2 as a way to relax after a hard days work, but GW2 has become a 2nd job requiring huge time commitment and mind numbing farming... is this really all ANET can think of to keep players enjoying the game.

I mean just how much time to ANET think players have in a day to farm leather, farm Amalgamated gemstones, farm gold to buy sigils and every other component that acts as a beaver dam through the flow of content and with so many items now needing endless amounts of this same farm mentality, I really do think players will simply just give up on it and find another title to play. Players are not stupid, we know when there is a push to spend being pressured on them and this just smells of .. BUY GEMS, convert to gold, let the farming bots and TP barons to do it for you... nah that plan only lasts for so long until players wise up and look elsewhere.

@Bloodstealer.5978 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The supply does not have to increase, the demand dropping is more than enough to drop the price.

People are once again blaming fictional TP barons and asking for not needed market influence because "I want my shiny now" mentality is going strong once again.

Nah this is just silly talk or someone trying to protect their investment.Of course the price will stay high for quite some time.. it's likely not even close to reaching it's peak yet.With such a small pool of sigils in game currently and only one guaranteed way to get them (via lvl 64 achievement reward), that leaves only the mystic forge as a prayer token when considering how many players there are active in the game..... the maths work both ways.

TP barons are real, they exist in every game and have been since the dawn of online trading, whether its a real world trading world or .. just a game.IMO, this is just ANET's way of trying to keep players in game farming stuff in the hope the interest in obtaining the armor stays strong... same retention ideas that have plagued MMO for donkeys years, except its cosmetic rather than BiS gear. I can't believe ANET would be that short sighted if they did not realise the supply/demand was going to be so out of whack with this otherwise.. so my take is it's just another poorly thought out player retention idea and I would not be surprised to soon hear players are leaving the game in numbers, tired of the endless farm and grind wars. Many players come to GW2 as a way to relax after a hard days work, but GW2 has become a 2nd job requiring huge time commitment and mind numbing farming... is this really all ANET can think of to keep players enjoying the game.

I mean just how much time to ANET think players have in a day to farm leather, farm Amalgamated gemstones, farm gold to buy sigils and every other component that acts as a beaver dam through the flow of content and with so many items now needing endless amounts of this same farm mentality, I really do think players will simply just give up on it and find another title to play. Players are not stupid, we know when there is a push to spend being pressured on them and this just smells of .. BUY GEMS, convert to gold, let the farming bots and TP barons to do it for you... nah that plan only lasts for so long until players wise up and look elsewhere.

Yeah, how about we wait until actually 1 week passes and then 1 month. Even as we speak the TP speaks a clear language:https://www.gw2tp.com/item/24572-superior-sigil-of-nullification

Current price is already half of what the initial spike was and supply is back to 1.8-1.9k holding mostly steady. The next bump will be when stored supply is used up and the Sigil will actually readjust to supply into the market versus finite demand.

Most GW2 items are heavily demand driven which is visible by material prices (for example T5 and T6) spiking with new episodes releasing even though the supply into the market remains the same.

But feel free to keep panicking and such.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The supply does not have to increase, the demand dropping is more than enough to drop the price.

Yeah, how about we wait until actually 1 week passes and then 1 month. Even as we speak the TP speaks a clear language:

Current price is already half of what the initial spike was and supply is back to 1.8-1.9k holding mostly steady. The next bump will be when stored supply is used up and the Sigil will actually readjust to supply into the market versus finite demand.

Most GW2 items are heavily demand driven which is visible by material prices (for example T5 and T6) spiking with new episodes releasing even though the supply into the market remains the same.

This shows that it is still on an upward trend, it spikes up and goes down, but the down is still higher than the previous lows.

@Mewcifer.5198 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:The supply does not have to increase, the demand dropping is more than enough to drop the price.

Yeah, how about we wait until actually 1 week passes and then 1 month. Even as we speak the TP speaks a clear language:

This shows that it is still on an upward trend, it spikes up and goes down, but the down is still higher than the previous lows.

Are we reading the same graph? If you use slope markers it is on a downward trend. No one said it will drop to 2s or 1 gold again, that's hilarious to even assume that.

A well educated guess is that it will stabilize at around 5-8 gold short term and then once stored supplies are used up it will depend on how many Sigils enter the games economy (which only Arenanet knows) and how many of those actually enter the market (significantly more than pre patch since a great amount were likely stored or vendored at 2s value).

Once THAT happens, you can panick. And as I said before, that's the point Arenanet might or should intervene.

Just to restate: IT'S NOT EVEN BEEN 1 WEEK.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Panicking.. eermm, why would I panic.. I store all manner of stuff in my bank, and random superior sigils and runes are just some of them.. I have no need to panic. In fact I could make a quick goldrush if I choose to, instead thankfully I will use what I have to make what I can and then leisurely obtain the rest by playing the game.. I don't panic buy, I don't panic farm and I don't rush to have it all in a day.. hence why since Beta I still only have 1 Leggy, no interest in raiding for Leggy Armor and slowly working my way through every other item and skin ANET thinks we have endless amounts of time to grind away our lives for... but that's just me, I am pretty patient, pretty resilient until even I tire of the monotony of it all, which has already began to happen unfortunately. But others.. well, having been round the MMO block a few more times than I care to remember, many others may not be so patient or have a large pot of in game currency at their disposal or a bottomless credit card to spend on... I pity new players coming to GW2 they have a very steep uphill battle to get near much of what has been thrown together in GW2 these past few years,Don't get me wrong I love GW2 and still play GW1 after all these years, I have been one of ANET's biggest fans over the years and one of it's biggest critics, but GW2 is beginning to be indistinguishable from every other grindfest MMO out on the market now, which makes me sad if I am honest.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

Are we reading the same graph? If you use slope markers it is on a downward trend. No one said it will drop to 2s or 1 gold again, that's hilarious to even assume that.

A well educated guess is that it will stabilize at around 5-8 gold short term and then once stored supplies are used up it will depend on how many Sigils enter the games economy (which only Arenanet knows) and how many of those actually enter the market (significantly more than pre patch since a great amount were likely stored or vendored at 2s value).

Once THAT happens, you can panick. And as I said before, that's the point Arenanet might or should intervene.

Just to restate: IT'S NOT EVEN BEEN 1 WEEK.

Just short of 9g and still rising.. That downhill trend isn't even close to happening.. because there is no sure fire way to push supply into the market.. other than a drip fed mystic forge element and the possibility that some of the fat cats have stored 000's of them in the bank, which for such a useless never needed item, is unlikely.. as I said I store all manner of rubbish in the hope it might one day be useful, as do others undoubtedly, but at most there might be a100k laying around gathering dust at best, but that is not enough to quell the obvious demand that this content will bring.. the fact that the supply is holding steady around 1.8-1.9k perhaps is more of an indicator that sales are just as slow as supply is though.. another sure fire reason this isn't going to be a quick spike, unless there is some drastic input of sigils into the TP.. which might of already happened (perhaps indicating there wasn't that bigger stash being held)... or maybe a final dumping is yet to occur, time will tell, but I am not confident that will happen.At least with leather, mistonium or to a lesser extent Amalga Gems there is a guaranteed supply.. unless of course you think all those players are going to rush to creating new toons and burn through levels or burn through lvl boosts like nobody's business in order to get all 3 sets .. nah this will be a long term market shift for an all but redundant sigil at least until the next farm for item gets introduced.. which, granted could be any given Tuesday of course.

The real devil hiding behind the curtain in all of this isn't someone who has purchased all the Sigils. It is Anet itself - well to be more specific, someone within the design team who signed this off.

Someone worked on the 'ingredients' for each armour piece. I'm fairly sure they did an average cost for each component and said 'well that's about right for each piece'.

Unfortunately they picked a sigil that really has no guaranteed replacement supply on the scale that is required. Sure I get that people can use Tomes of Knowledge, but do you honestly think Anet wanted us to do that?

There are I believe only two possibilities. Either Anet either intended this to be a gold sink from the beginning or they made an honest mistake. Either way I think the player base needs to hear from them.

This LW episode is probably one of the best they've ever done. Sadly as the players progress through the content, doing the achievements etc., they're going to hit this block. It certainly puts a dampener on what is otherwise entertaining content.

@Andy.5981 said:...This LW episode is probably one of the best they've ever done. Sadly as the players progress through the content, doing the achievements etc., they're going to hit this block. It certainly puts a dampener on what is otherwise entertaining content.

This has been my point from the start. Being halted in your enjoyment of the game to either 1) farm gold to buy the sigils, the price of which has exploded due to greed, 2) Tome level a spare character slot to lvl64 dozens of times or 3) Wait a month for the price to come down is just not intelligent design whatsoever. Even if they wanted it to be time-gated, they could just put an arbitrary item purchasable once per day like Traders Keys.

@Andy.5981 said:This LW episode is probably one of the best they've ever done. Sadly as the players progress through the content, doing the achievements etc., they're going to hit this block. It certainly puts a dampener on what is otherwise entertaining content.

Exactly, really love the new map, story was good, and to get the other two armors, we still have to play a lot more hours on Jahai Bluffs nonetheless.Why cant it just be some other stuff like lodestones, leather, fractals or who anything else you can farm on all the maps. Do bigger collection, like the legendaries. Right now, this is only a rerun Lornar-Jahai-and Back, losing some gold on the way.

I have no problem spending 100g or more on that armor, only got first 2 but like it, but im not willing to throw 200g (which i right now dont even own so farming needs to be done anyway) at some greedy traders (it their right to do that).Guess its not Anet intend to force us to lvl and delete 25 characters, but as a regular WvW player, i rather farm those tomes, than spending my time and gold to the TP.

Archived