[Spoiler] Bookcase in Sun's Refuge [Merged]

All of the books in the library are in the bookshelf except one.

The History of Cantha, sitting in front of the bookshelf by itself on a table.

Cantha is on the table, guys! It's a clue!

Echovald, here I come!

Edit* And you know, all of this mists activity could attract the attention of certain individuals known for being the Oracle of the Mists!

It's all coming together! These two things! Solid proof!

@Genesis.8572 said:As someone who played GW1 Factions, I never understood the allure people have for Cantha.

I loved the newb island, and I loved the city. The forest and Jade Sea were tedious and repetitive. If they DO bring back Cantha, I hope the fact that they closed their borders so many years ago means that the city has taken over the countryside. We have plenty of jungle, desert, fields and mountains. Let's do City.

@Ashabhi.1365 said:I loved the newb island, and I loved the city. The forest and Jade Sea were tedious and repetitive. If they DO bring back Cantha, I hope the fact that they closed their borders so many years ago means that the city has taken over the countryside. We have plenty of jungle, desert, fields and mountains. Let's do City.IME, Kaineng was the worst part of Cantha and playing Factions. That is not an experience I want to revisit any time soon.

I spent most of my playing time in Cantha, well doing Alliance battles, Fort Aspenwood and Jade quarry. That was my sunday sorted. FUN.I wasn't a great fan of the KC and that area, but I loved the Kurzick area. I loved Echovald. Faction farming FTW. I loved the music, how it matched the dark, dampness of it all, the gothic looking Kurzicks. I often wonder what the devs would of made of HzH and how grand it could of looked.
There is also a cantha book in Istan and I think some of boats 'look' canthan. The chest in SS now- the xunlai one- were they not Canthan?. There are nods to that area around, but sadly just nods I think.I think people will get their wishes of heading to other lands. :/

Edit please don't get me excited for the Oracles! Shiro is dead with joko and the lich.Right? ;)

@Dami.5046 said:There is also a cantha book in Istan and I think some of boats 'look' canthan. The chest in SS now- the xunlai one- were they not Canthan?. There are nods to that area around, but sadly just nods I think.I think people will get their wishes of heading to other lands. :/

The Zephyrite boats had a Canthan style, and players' predictions that we were headed to Canthan never panned out then either.But I'd also like to note that there are Xunlai chests still in the Hall of Monuments too. It's basically something they add to places that have been untouched since GW1.

I've had some theories going since PoF that Lw4 has so far hinted at a couple being accurate.

This patch alone actually reinforced one of them to the point where i'm confident i'm correct about it.The patch also utalized a scenario I predicted before Lw4 started which was quite fun for me see play out.

For Cantha.. I have a very stong feeling that's where we're going.How and why are anyones guess but I wouldn't be surprised if we (in the story) are forced to flee Tyria in the final episodes of lw4 and seek out a safe place where we can hide out, regroup our strength, enlist new allies, formulate a plan and prepare for the big showdown with Kralkatorrik.Cantha would be a safe bet that's where this would happen and where a good chunk of Lw5 could take place before the expansion gives us access to the majority of Canthan regions as well as the big showdown with Kralkatorrik who eventually persues us there.

@narwhalsbend.7059 said:

@Dami.5046 said:There is also a cantha book in Istan and I think some of boats 'look' canthan. The chest in SS now- the xunlai one- were they not Canthan?. There are nods to that area around, but sadly just nods I think.I think people will get their wishes of heading to other lands. :/

The Zephyrite boats had a Canthan style, and players' predictions that we were headed to Canthan never panned out then either.But I'd also like to note that there are Xunlai chests still in the Hall of Monuments too. It's basically something they add to places that have been untouched since GW1.

I agree about the Xunlai chests thinking about it. But yes I don't think we will ever see what happened in cantha other the years.It's all too easy to assume.

So I believe this has already been brought up once before somewhere but I'm gonna make a new thread on this here.First, I love the Sun's Refuge instance, and how we can build it up :D I hope we get to toy around with this for a long time still to come!Second, I noticed that one of the things you can do in there is to collect books for children to read, and they end up in a bookcase. That's great! But... can you do the same thing for all of these other books I have lying around in my inventory?RmU98wO.pngI don't want to just get rid of them, but I would like it if they didn't clutter up my inventory so much :)

Archived