Mirage faster than thieves now? Fastest class?

Cerby.1069

Um... I think he means this:

Your argument in the passage he quoted is thus:

1. Mirage/Mesmer are too mobile
  2. Mobile classes aren't being killed because they always run away from fights. This is bad.
  3. Therefore downed and death penalties should be increased. This will somehow resolve or mitigate or counter the issue of mobile classes.

The obvious holes in this argument, from anybody who reads it, is thus:

1. Mobile classes aren't being killed because they always run away from fights. This is bad.
  2. If downed and death penalties are increased, they would not affect mobile classes very much, if at all, because the first point is true.
  3. Therefore, the premise and the conclusion seem rather unrelated to each other because one does not affect the other to any notable degree.
  4. To be clear, this means that your apparent solution to increase penalties on downing and death will not do anything to the state of mobile classes, which seem to be the main point of discontent within your post.

@Cerby.1069 Do you understand our confusion with your logic? Very plainly, at face value, it does not seem sound.

^ i couldn't agree more.
and as far as i see warrior has just as much mobility as mesmer, if not more without sacrificing any utility at all.i usually go on berserker with my thief friend for roaming cuz the mobility. it's so easy for him to stealth us and we can get away. now with spellbreaker spec, dagger #2 is a leap skill on a 6s cd. like what? if you have dagger/x and gs, does it even matter mirage is fast, or faster? you can catch up easily while every other get away skills of them are on long cd.

every class does sacrifice something here and there if they want to be fast on their feet, any but a warrior. so if it's to increase penalties on downing, maybe they should increase it on the warrior first. decrease the duration of vengeance, for instance?

since when engineer is on par with thief and mesmer when it comes to mobility? lol. pls fill me in cuz i main engi. while my engi could get away with invulnerable skills, some mobility, and stealth, my necro can't. so if there's any increase in death penalty, i only see my necro and any class with shitty mobility being punished here.or is this thread dedicated to classes that "too fast can't kill" on your list?engi only have a few movement skills and sadly they're all on different weapon sets. rifle #5, the jump shot, is a 20s cd and the range is only 800. i wouldn't use rocket boots in wvw. since i'd rather use something else for my precious utility slot. only if i want to get away far, and fast before i got caught up, i'd switch to rocket boots and literally run. thanks to Anet with the new ammunition, you can get one charge and switch to something else without it going on a full cd. it's also a blast finisher so you can stealth shortly. but that's about it. power spec hardly use rocket boots, condi spec may use it for the rocket kick toolbelt skill. cuz the burn can hit up to 10k easily on a 15s cd.the leap on hammer #3 has 3 impacts but in total it only leaps a short range, not like 3600 range or something like that.

so something wrong with fastest class(es)? they're designed with the mobility mindset but being squishy compare to you, who has both the mobility and the heavy armor, plus high base health. i don't see why you're the one complaining, but the others.

Archived